An alternative view of tax incidence analysis for developing countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Anwar Shah & John Whalley, 1990. "An Alternative View of Tax Incidence Analysis for Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 3375, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles L. Ballard & Don Fullerton & John B. Shoven & John Whalley, 1985. "General Equilibrium Analysis of Tax Policies," NBER Chapters,in: A General Equilibrium Model for Tax Policy Evaluation, pages 6-24 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bird, Richard M., 1987. "A new look at indirect taxation in developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 1151-1161, September.
- Mohammad, Sharif & Whalley, John, 1985. "Controls and the Intersectoral Terms of Trade: The Indian Case," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(379), pages 759-766, September.
- Imam, Hasan & Whalley, John, 1982. "General equilibrium with price intervention policies: a computational approach," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 105-119, June.
- John Whalley, 1984. "Regression or Progression: The Taxing Question of Incidence Analysis," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 17(4), pages 654-682, November.
- St-Hilaire, France & Whalley, John, 1983. "A Microconsistent Equilibrium Data Set for Canada for Use in Tax Policy Analysis," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 29(2), pages 175-204, June.
- Ahmad, Ehtisham & Ludlow, Stephen, 1989. "The distributional consequences of a tax reform on a VAT for Pakistan," Policy Research Working Paper Series 238, The World Bank.
- Muhammad Hussain Malik & Najam Us Saqib, 1989. "Tax Incidence by Income Classes in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 28(1), pages 13-26.
- McLure, Charles Jr., 1977. "Taxation and the urban poor in developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 169-188, March.
- Heady, Christopher, 1987. "Designing Taxes with Migration," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 97(388a), pages 87-98, Supplemen.
- Bird, Richard M & Miller, Barbara Diane, 1989. "The Incidence of Indirect Taxes on Low-Income Households in Jamaica," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(2), pages 393-409, January.
- Meerman, Jacob, 1980. "The Incidence of Sales and Excise Taxes, or Where Do We Put the Transfers?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(6), pages 1242-1248, December.
- Mohammad, Sharif & Whalley, John, 1984. "Rent Seeking in India: Its Costs and Policy Significance," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(3), pages 387-413.
- A. Lans Bovenberg, 1987.
"Indirect Taxation in Developing Countries: A General Equilibrium Approach,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 34(2), pages 333-373, June.
- Ary Lars Bovenberg, 1986. "Indirect Taxation in Developing Countries; A General Equilibrium Approach," IMF Working Papers 86/1, International Monetary Fund.
- Auerbach, Alan, 1990. "The cost of capital and investment in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 410, The World Bank.
- Clarete, Ramon L. & Whalley, John, 1988. "Interactions between trade policies and domestic distortions in a small open developing country," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3-4), pages 345-358, May.
- Shoven, John B & Whalley, John, 1984. "Applied General-Equilibrium Models of Taxation and International Trade: An Introduction and Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 22(3), pages 1007-1051, September.
- Bovenberg, A.L., 1987. "Indirect taxation in developing countries : A general equilibrium approach," Other publications TiSEM adac046e-0845-4c4e-904a-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Anwar M. Chaudry-Shah, 1989. "A Capitalization Approach to Fiscal Incidence at the Local Level," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 65(4), pages 359-375.
- M. Hasan Imam & John Whalley, 1985. "Incidence Analysis of a Sector-Specific Minimum Wage in a Two-Sector Harris-Todaro Model," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(1), pages 207-224.
- Chaudry-Shah, Anwar, 1988. " Capitalization and the Theory of Local Public Finance: An Interpretive Essay," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(3), pages 209-243.
- Browning, Edgar K, 1978. "The Burden of Taxation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(4), pages 649-671, August.
- McLure, Charles E, Jr & Thirsk, Wayne R, 1978. "The Inequity of Taxing Iniquity: A Plea for Reduced Sumptuary Taxes in Developing Countries," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(3), pages 487-503, April.
- John Whalley, 1989. "Recent Trade Liberalization in the Developing World: What is Behind It, and Where is it Headed?," NBER Working Papers 3057, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pinto, Brian, 1988. "Black market premia, exchange rate unification, and inflation in sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 37, The World Bank.
- Nguyen, Trien T. & Whalley, John, 1986. "Equilibrium under price controls with endogenous transactions costs," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 290-300, August.
- Nair, Govindan & Filippides, Anastasio, 1988. "How much do state-owned public enterprises contribute to public sector deficits in developing countries - and why?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 45, The World Bank.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
- Piggott, John & Whalley, John, 1987. "Interpreting Net Fiscal Incidence Calculations," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(4), pages 685-694, November.
- Ziderman, Adrian, 1989. "Payroll taxes for financing training in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 141, The World Bank.
- Davies, James B & St-Hilaire, France & Whalley, John, 1984. "Some Calculations of Lifetime Tax Incidence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(4), pages 633-649, September.
- Ahmad, Ehtisham & Stern, Nicholas, 1990. "Tax Reform and Shadow Prices for Pakistan," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(1), pages 135-159, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Levine, Ross & Renelt, David, 1991. "Cross-country studies of growth and policy : methodological, conceptual, and statistical problems," Policy Research Working Paper Series 608, The World Bank.
- Sennoga, Edward B. & Matovu, John Mary & Twimukye, Evarist P., 2009. "Tax evasion and widening the tax base in Uganda," Research Series 54802, Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC).
- Chu, Ke-young & Davoodi, Hamid & Gupta, Sanjeev, 2003. "Income distribution and tax, and government social spending policies in developing countries," Sede de la CEPAL en Santiago (Estudios e Investigaciones) 34918, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Vanessa Boshoff, 1993. "Corporate Tax Rates and Inter-country Comparisons," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 61(4), pages 320-329, December.
- World Bank, 2000. "Thailand : Public Finance Review," World Bank Other Operational Studies 14508, The World Bank.
- Renelt, David, 1991. "Economic growth : a review of the theoretical and empirical literature," Policy Research Working Paper Series 678, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Economics&Policies; Economic Theory&Research; Public Sector Economics&Finance; Banks&Banking Reform; Taxation&Subsidies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:462. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.