Causes of inequalities in China, 1952 to 1999
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dennis Tao Yang, 1999. "Urban-Biased Policies and Rising Income Inequality in China," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 306-310, May.
- Chen, Jian & Fleisher, Belton M., 1996. "Regional Income Inequality and Economic Growth in China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 141-164, April.
- Shorrocks, A F, 1980. "The Class of Additively Decomposable Inequality Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(3), pages 613-625, April.
- Lin, Justin Yifu, 1988. "The Household Responsibility System in China's Agricultural Reform: A Theoretical and Empirical Study," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(3), pages 199-224, Supplemen.
- Dennis Tao Yang & Hao Zhou, 1999.
"Rural-urban disparity and sectoral labour allocation in China,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(3), pages 105-133.
- Yang, Dennis T. & Hao Zhou, 1997. "Rural-Urban Disparity and Sectoral Labor Allocation in China," Working Papers 97-02, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Knight, John & Song, Lina, 1993.
"The Spatial Contribution to Income Inequality in Rural China,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 17(2), pages 195-213, June.
- Knight, J. & Song, L., 1990. "The Spatial Contribution To Income Inequality In Rural China," Economics Series Working Papers 99106, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Shujie Yao, 1999. "On the decomposition of Gini coefficients by population class and income source: a spreadsheet approach and application," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(10), pages 1249-1264.
- Grootaert, Christiaan, 1995. "Structural change and poverty in Africa: A decomposition anakysis for Cote d'Ivoire," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 375-401, August.
- Tsui, Kai-yuen, 1996. "Economic reform and interprovincial inequalities in China," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 353-368, August.
- Bhalla, A. S., 1990. "Rural-urban disparities in India and China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(8), pages 1097-1110, August.
- Anthony F. Shorrocks & James E. Foster, 1987. "Transfer Sensitive Inequality Measures," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(3), pages 485-497.
- Shujie Yao & Liwei Zhu, 1998. "Understanding Income Inequality in China: A Multi-Angle Perspective," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 133-150, May.
- Dwight H. Perkins, 1994. "Completing China's Move to the Market," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 23-46, Spring.
- Kai-yuen, Tsui, 1998. "Trends and Inequalities of Rural Welfare in China: Evidence from Rural Households in Guangdong and Sichuan," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 783-804, December.
- Johnson, D Gale, 1988. "Economic Reforms in the People's Republic of China," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(3), pages 225-245, Supplemen.
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1984. "Inequality Decomposition by Population Subgroups," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(6), pages 1369-1385, November.
- Chen, Shaohua & Ravallion, Martin, 1996. "Data in transition: Assessing rural living standards in Southern China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 23-56.
- Huang Shikeng, 1996. "Control the Development Gap Between the Seaboard and the Interior; Accelerate the Development of the Central and Western Regions," Chinese Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(6), pages 76-82, November.
- Kai-yuen, Tsui, 1998. "Factor Decomposition of Chinese Rural Income Inequality: New Methodology, Empirical Findings, and Policy Implications," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 502-528, September.
- Rozelle Scott, 1994. "Rural Industrialization and Increasing Inequality: Emerging Patterns in China's Reforming Economy," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 362-391, December.
- Gary H. Jefferson & Thomas G. Rawski, 1994. "Enterprise Reform in Chinese Industry," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 47-70, Spring.
- Theodore Groves & Yongmiao Hong & John McMillan & Barry Naughton, 1994. "Autonomy and Incentives in Chinese State Enterprises," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(1), pages 183-209.
- Yao, Shujie & Zhu, Liwei, 1998. "Understanding Income Inequality in China: A Multi-angle Perspective," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 31(2-3), pages 133-150.
- Tsui Kai-yuen, 1993. "Decomposition of China's Regional Inequalities," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 600-627, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rui HAO & Zheng WEI, 2009.
"Sources Of Income Differences Across Chinese Provinces During The Reform Period: A Development Accounting Exercise,"
The Developing Economies,
Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 47(1), pages 1-29.
- Rui HAO, 2007. "Sources of income differences across Chinese provinces during the reform period: a development accounting exercise," Working Papers 200723, CERDI.
- Rui Hao, 2011. "Sources of income differences across Chinese provinces during the reform period: a development accounting exercise," Working Papers halshs-00557001, HAL.
- Liu, Tung & Li, Kui-Wai, 2006.
"Disparity in factor contributions between coastal and inner provinces in post-reform China,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 449-470.
- Tung Liu & Kui-Wai Li, 2005. "Disparity in Factor Contributions between Coastal and Inner Provinces in Post-reform China," Working Papers 200502, Ball State University, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2006.
- Ethan Ligon, 2007. "Risk and the Evolution of Inequality in China in an Era of Globalization," NBER Chapters,in: Globalization and Poverty, pages 599-628 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rui Hao & Zheng Wei, 2010.
"Fundamental causes of inland–coastal income inequality in post-reform China,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 45(1), pages 181-206, August.
- Rui Hao & Zheng Wei, 2008. "Fundamental causes of inland-coastal income inequality in post-reform China," Post-Print hal-00267766, HAL.
- Iris Claus & Les Oxley & Chen Wang & Guanghua Wan & Dan Yang, 2014. "Income Inequality In The People'S Republic Of China: Trends, Determinants, And Proposed Remedies," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(4), pages 686-708, September.
- repec:eee:chieco:v:46:y:2017:i:c:p:208-228 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jintdv:v:15:y:2003:i:8:p:939-955. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/5102/home .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.