Factor Decomposition of Chinese Rural Income Inequality: New Methodology, Empirical Findings, and Policy Implications
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rozelle Scott, 1994. "Rural Industrialization and Increasing Inequality: Emerging Patterns in China's Reforming Economy," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 362-391, December.
- Stark, Oded & Taylor, J Edward & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1986. "Remittances and Inequality," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(383), pages 722-740, September.
- Khan, Azizur Rahman & Griffin, Keith & Riskin, Carl & Renwei, Zhao, 1993. "Sources of income inequality in post-reform China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 19-35.
- Lipton, Michael & Ravallion, Martin, 1995. "Poverty and policy," Handbook of Development Economics, in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.),Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 41, pages 2551-2657, Elsevier.
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1984. "Inequality Decomposition by Population Subgroups," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(6), pages 1369-1385, November.
- Chen, Shaohua & Ravallion, Martin, 1996. "Data in transition: Assessing rural living standards in Southern China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 23-56.
- Hare, Denise, 1994. "Rural nonagricultural activities and their impact on the distribution of income: Evidence from farm households in Southern China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 59-82.
- Shorrocks, A F, 1982. "Inequality Decomposition by Factor Components," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 193-211, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2001.
"Fifty Years of Regional Inequality in China: A Journey through Revolution, Reform and Openness,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2887, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2001. "Fifty Years Of Regional Inequality In China: A Journey Through Revolution, Reform And Openness," Working Papers 7236, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Duangkamon Chotikapanich & D. S. Prasada Rao & Kam Ki Tang, 2007.
"Estimating Income Inequality In China Using Grouped Data And The Generalized Beta Distribution,"
Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 53(1), pages 127-147, March.
- Duangkamon Chotikapanich & D. S. Prasada Rao & Kam Ki Tang, 2006. "Estimating Income Inequality in China Using Grouped Data and the Generalized Beta Distribution," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2006-134, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Farhad Noorbakhsh & Zhikai Wang, 2010.
"Interprovincial disparities in China since the reforms: convergence or divergence?,"
2010_11, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Noorbakhsh, Farhad & Wang, Zhikai, 2010. "Interprovincial disparities in China since the reforms: Convergence or divergence?," SIRE Discussion Papers 2010-77, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Ravi Kanbur & Xiaobo Zhang, 2005.
"Fifty Years of Regional Inequality in China: a Journey Through Central Planning, Reform, and Openness,"
Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(1), pages 87-106, February.
- Ravi Kanbur & Xiaobo Zhang, 2004. "Fifty Years of Regional Inequality in China: A Journey Through Central Planning, Reform and Openness," Working Papers 158, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore.
- Ravi Kanbur & Xiaobo Zhang, 2004. "Fifty Years of Regional Inequality in China: A Journey through Central Planning, Reform, and Openness," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2004-50, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- John Whalley & Shunming Zhang, 2011.
"A Numerical Simulation Analysis Of (Hukou) Labour Mobility Restrictions In China,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: John Whalley (ed.),China's Integration Into The World Economy, chapter 11, pages 295-324,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Whalley, John & Zhang, Shunming, 2007. "A numerical simulation analysis of (Hukou) labour mobility restrictions in China," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 392-410, July.
- Dwayne Benjamin & Loren Brandt & Paul Glewwe & Li Guo, 2000.
"Markets, Human Capital, and Inequality: Evidence from Rural China,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
298, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Dwayne Benjamin & Loren Brandt & Paul Glewwe & Li Guo, 2000. "Markets, Human Capital, and Inequality: Evidence from Rural China," Working Papers benjamin-00-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Shan Jordan, 2002. "A Macroeconometric Model of Income Disparity in China," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 47-63.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Zhang, Xiaobo, 1999. "Which Regional Inequality? The Evolution of Rural-Urban and Inland-Coastal Inequality in China from 1983 to 1995," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 686-701, December.
- Yanrui Wu, 2000.
"Income disparity and convergence in China's regional economies,"
Chapters, in: P. J. Lloyd & Xiao-guang Zhang (ed.),China in the Global Economy, chapter 15,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Y. Wu, 1999. "Income Disparity and Convergence in China's regional Economies," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 99-15, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- C�line Bonnefond & Matthieu Cl�ment, 2012.
"An analysis of income polarisation in rural and urban China,"
Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(1), pages 15-37, June.
- Céline BONNEFOND & Matthieu CLEMENT, 2011. "An analysis of income polarization in rural and urban China," Cahiers du GREThA (2007-2019) 2011-26, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée (GREThA).
- Ajit S. Bhalla & Shujie Yao & Zongyi Zhang, 2003. "Causes of inequalities in China, 1952 to 1999," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(8), pages 939-955.
- Martinez-Vazquez, Jorge & Timofeev, Andrey, 2008.
"Regional-local dimension of Russia's fiscal equalization,"
Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 157-176, March.
- Jorge Martinez-Vazquez & Andrey Timofeev, 2006. "Regional-Local Dimension of Russia's Fiscal Equalization," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0616, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Chen, Xi & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2009. "The Distribution of Income and Well-Being in Rural China: A Survey of Panel Data Sets, Studies and New Directions," MPRA Paper 20587, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jcecon:v:26:y:1998:i:3:p:502-528. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622864 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.