Education and the market: Which parts of the neoliberal solution are correct?
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Murnane, Richard J & Newstead, Stuart & Olsen, Randall J, 1985. "Comparing Public and Private Schools: The Puzzling Role of Selectivity Bias," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 3(1), pages 23-35, January.
- Cox, Donald & Jimenez, Emmanuel, 1990. "The relative effectiveness of private and public schools : Evidence from two developing countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 99-121, November.
- Jimenez, Emmanuel & Lockheed, Marlaine E. & Luna, Eduardo & Paqueo, Vicente, 1989. "School effects and costs for private and public schools in the Dominican Republic," Policy Research Working Paper Series 288, The World Bank.
- Woodhall, Maureen, 1988. "Designing a student loan programme for a developing country: the relevance of international experience," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 153-161, February.
- Khan, Shahrukh R., 1991. "The income redistributional impact of financing higher education in Pakistan," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(9), pages 1241-1246, September.
- Jimenez, Emmanuel & Lockheed, Marlaine & Wattanawaha, Nongnuch, 1988. "The Relative Efficiency of Private and Public Schools: The Case of Thailand," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 2(2), pages 139-64, May.
- Gertler, Paul & Glewwe, Paul, 1990. "The willingness to pay for education in developing countries : Evidence from rural Peru," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 251-275, August.
- Meerman, Jacob, 1983. "Cost recovery in a project context: Some World Bank experience in tropical Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 503-514, June.
- Gertler, P. & Van Der Gaag, J., 1988. "Measuring The Willingness To Pay For Social Services In Developing Countries," Papers 45, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Tansel, A., 1993. "School Attainnment, Parental Education and Gender in Cote d'Ivoire and Ghana," Papers 692, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Mingat, Alain & Tan, Jee-Peng, 1986. "Expanding education through user charges: What can be achieved in Malawi and other LDCs?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 273-286, June.
- Luc De Wulf, 1975. "Fiscal Incidence Studies in Developing Countries: Survey and Critique (Etude sur l'incidence de la politique budgÃ©taire dans les pays en voie de dÃ©veloppement: examen analytique et critique) (Estudi," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 22(1), pages 61-131, March.
- Jimenez, Emmanuel & Lockheed, Marlaine E & Paqueo, Vicente, 1991. "The Relative Efficiency of Private and Public Schools in Developing Countries," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 6(2), pages 205-18, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:24:y:1996:i:4:p:589-610. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.