The Role and Impact of Public-Private Partnerships in Education
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sakellariou, Chris & Patrinos, Harry Anthony, 2004. "Incidence analysis of public support to the private education sector in Cote d'Ivoire," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3231, The World Bank.
- Booker, Kevin & Gilpatric, Scott M. & Gronberg, Timothy & Jansen, Dennis, 2008. "The effect of charter schools on traditional public school students in Texas: Are children who stay behind left behind?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 123-145, July.
- Bettinger, Eric P., 2005. "The effect of charter schools on charter students and public schools," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 133-147, April.
- Randall K. Filer & Daniel M??nich, 2000.
"Responses of Private and Public Schools to Voucher Funding: The Czech and Hungarian Experience,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
360, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Randall K. Filer & Daniel Münich, 2001. "Responses of Private and Public Schools to Voucher Funding:The Czech and Hungarian Experience," HEW 0012002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Randall K. Filer & Daniel Munich, 2000. "Responses of Private and Public Schools to Voucher Funding:The Czech and Hungarian Experience," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp160, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Efraim Sadka, 2006. "Public-Private Partnerships; A Public Economics Perspective," IMF Working Papers 06/77, International Monetary Fund.
- Alejandra Mizala & Pilar Romaguera, 2000. "School Performance and Choice: The Chilean Experience," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 35(2), pages 392-417.
- Claudio Sapelli & Bernardita Vial, 2003.
"Peer Effects and Relative Performance of Voucher Schools in Chile,"
Documentos de Trabajo
256, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Bernardita Vial & Claudio Sapelli, 2004. "Peer Effects And Relative Performance Of Voucher Schools In Chile," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 96, Econometric Society.
- Harry Anthony Patrinos & Shobhana Sosale, 2007. "Mobilizing the Private Sector for Public Education : A View from the Trenches," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6756, February.
- Robert Bifulco & Helen F. Ladd, 2006. "The Impacts of Charter Schools on Student Achievement: Evidence from North Carolina," Education Finance and Policy, MIT Press, vol. 1(1), pages 50-90, January.
- L. G. Hines, 1955. "Economics and the Public Interest," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 31(2), pages 108-119.
- Isabelle Huault & V. Perret & S. Charreire-Petit, 2007. "Management," Post-Print halshs-00337676, HAL.
- Eric A. Hanushek, 2003. "The Failure of Input-Based Schooling Policies," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(485), pages 64-98, February.
- Gauri, Varun & Vawda, Ayesha, 2003. "Vouchers for basic education in developing countries : a principal-agent perspective," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3005, The World Bank.
- Kang, Changhui, 2007. "Classroom peer effects and academic achievement: Quasi-randomization evidence from South Korea," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 458-495, May.
- Helen F. Ladd, 2002. "School Vouchers: A Critical View," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(4), pages 3-24, Fall.
- Rajashri Chakrabarti & Paul E. Peterson (ed.), 2008. "School Choice International: Exploring Public-Private Partnerships," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262033763, March.
- Sosale, Shobhana, 2000. "Trends in private sector development in World Bank education projects," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2452, The World Bank.
- Epple, Dennis & Romano, Richard E, 1998. "Competition between Private and Public Schools, Vouchers, and Peer-Group Effects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(1), pages 33-62, March.
- Blomqvist, Ake & Jimenez, Emmanuel, 1989. "The public role in private post-secondary education : a review of issues and options," Policy Research Working Paper Series 240, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ext:derech:920 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ext:derech:921 is not listed on IDEAS
- Leonard, David K. & Bloom, Gerald & Hanson, Kara & O’Farrell, Juan & Spicer, Neil, 2013. "Institutional Solutions to the Asymmetric Information Problem in Health and Development Services for the Poor," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 71-87.
- Miguel Urquiola, 2015. "Progress and challenges in achieving an evidence-based education policy in Latin America and the Caribbean," Latin American Economic Review, Springer;Centro de Investigaciòn y Docencia Económica (CIDE), vol. 24(1), pages 1-30, December.
- Mundy, Karen & Verger, Antoni, 2015. "The World Bank and the global governance of education in a changing world order," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 9-18.
- Kumari, Jayanti, 2016. "Public–private partnerships in education: An analysis with special reference to Indian school education system," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 47-53.
- M. Manacorda & F.C. Rosati, 2008. "Industrial structure and child labour. Evidence from Brazil," UCW Working Paper 44, Understanding Children's Work (UCW Programme).
- Lisa Grazzini & Alessandro Petretto, 2013. "Health and Education: Challenges and Financial Constraints," Working Papers - Economics wp2013_19.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Sovacool, Benjamin K. & Ryan, Sarah E., 2016. "The geography of energy and education: Leaders, laggards, and lessons for achieving primary and secondary school electrification," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 107-123.
- repec:eee:injoed:v:59:y:2018:i:c:p:20-27 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:pubeco:v:159:y:2018:i:c:p:160-182 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lea Stadtler, 2016. "Scrutinizing Public–Private Partnerships for Development: Towards a Broad Evaluation Conception," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 135(1), pages 71-86, April.
- Smith, William C. & Joshi, Devin K., 2016. "Public vs. private schooling as a route to universal basic education: A comparison of China and India," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 153-165.
- Lavado, Pablo & Cueto, Santiago & Yamada, Gustavo & Wensjoe, Micaela, 2016. "The Effect of Fe y Alegria on School Achievement: Exploiting a School Lottery Selection as a Natural Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 10431, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Fabre, Anaïs & Straub, Stéphane, 2019. "The Economic Impact of public private partnerships (PPPs) in Infrastructure, Health and Education: A Review," TSE Working Papers 19-986, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Barrera-Osorio,Felipe & Blakeslee,David S. & Hoover,Matthew & Linden,Leigh & Raju,Dhushyanth & Ryan,Stephen P., 2017.
"Delivering education to the underserved through a public-private partnership program in Pakistan,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
8177, The World Bank.
- Felipe Barrera-Osorio & David S. Blakeslee & Matthew Hoover & Leigh Linden & Dhushyanth Raju & Stephen P. Ryan, 2017. "Delivering Education to the Underserved Through a Public-Private Partnership Program in Pakistan," NBER Working Papers 23870, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zeitlyn, Benjamin & Lewin, Keith M. & Chimombo, Joseph & Meke, Elizabeth, 2015. "Inside private secondary schools in Malawi: Access or exclusion?," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 109-117.
- Jean-Michel Plassard & Nhu Tran Thi Thanh, 2009. "Liberté de choix des élèves et concurrence des établissements : un survey de l'analyse du pilotage des systèmes éducatifs par les quasi-marchés," Revue d'économie industrielle, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(2), pages 99-130.
- MacLeod, W. Bentley & Urquiola, Miguel, 2012. "Competition and Educational Productivity: Incentives Writ Large," IZA Discussion Papers 7063, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Masuda, Kazuya & Yamauchi, Chikako, 2018. "The Effects of Universal Secondary Education Program Accompanying Public-Private Partnership on Students' Access, Sorting and Achievement: Evidence from Uganda," CEI Working Paper Series 2018-4, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- repec:eee:injoed:v:53:y:2017:i:c:p:71-79 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ferreyra, Maria Marta & Kosenok, Grigory, 2018.
"Charter school entry and school choice: The case of Washington, D.C,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 160-182.
- Ferreyra,Maria Marta & Kosenok,Grigory, 2015. "Charter school entry and school choice: the case of Washington, D.C," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7383, The World Bank.
- Lavado, Pablo & Cueto, Santiago & Yamada, Gustavo & Wensjoe, Micaela, 2016.
"The Effect of Fe y Alegria on School Achievement: Exploiting a School Lottery Selection as a Natural Experiment,"
IZA Discussion Papers
10431, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pablo Lavado & Santiago Cueto & Micaela Wensjoe & Gustavo Yamada, 2017. "The effect of Fe y Alegria on school achievement: exploiting a school lottery selection as a natural experiment," Working Papers 10431, Centro de InvestigaciÃ³n, Universidad del PacÃfico, revised Feb 2017.
- Peter J. Glick & Crystal Huang & Nelly Mejia, 2015. "The Private Sector and Youth Skills and Employment Programs in Low and Middle-Income Countries," World Bank Other Operational Studies 23260, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsEducation - Education For All Tertiary Education Teaching and Learning Education - Primary Education;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbpubs:2612. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Thomas Breineder to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.