Decentralized matching and social segregation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eeckhout, Jan, 1999. "Bilateral Search and Vertical Heterogeneity," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 40(4), pages 869-887, November.
- Linda Y. Wong, 2003.
"Structural Estimation of Marriage Models,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(3), pages 699-728, July.
- Linda Y. Wong, 2001. "Structural Estimation of Marriage Models," Computing in Economics and Finance 2001 222, Society for Computational Economics.
- Wong, Linda, 2001. "Structural Estimation of Marriage Models," 10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002 A1-1, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- Dale T. Mortensen, 1982.
"The Matching Process as a Noncooperative Bargaining Game,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Economics of Information and Uncertainty, pages 233-258
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dale T. Mortensen, 1979. "The Matching Process as a Non-Cooperative/Bargaining Game," Discussion Papers 384, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Bloch, Francis & Ryder, Harl, 2000. "Two-Sided Search, Marriages, and Matchmakers," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 41(1), pages 93-115, February.
- Haruvy, Ernan & Roth, Alvin E. & Unver, M. Utku, 2006.
"The dynamics of law clerk matching: An experimental and computational investigation of proposals for reform of the market,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 457-486, March.
- Ernan Haruvy & Alvin E. Roth & M. Utku Unver, 2004. "The Dynamics of Law Clerk Matching: An Experimental and Computational Investigation of Proposals for Reform of the Market," Experimental 0404001, EconWPA.
- Nalbantian, Haig R & Schotter, Andrew, 1995.
"Matching and Efficiency in the Baseball Free-Agent System: An Experimental Examination,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(1), pages 1-31, January.
- Nalbantian, Haig & Schotter, Andrew & Rogoza, Ken, 1990. "Matching And Efficiency In The Baseball Free-Agent System: An Experimental Examination," Working Papers 90-05, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Yan Chen & Tayfun Sönmez, 2002. "Improving Efficiency of On-Campus Housing: An Experimental Study," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1669-1686, December.
- Lones Smith, 2006. "The Marriage Model with Search Frictions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 114(6), pages 1124-1146, December.
- Timothy N. Cason & Charles Noussair, 2007.
"A Market With Frictions In The Matching Process: An Experimental Study,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 48(2), pages 665-691, May.
- Cason, Timothy N. & Noussair, Charles, 2005. "A Market with Frictions in the Matching Process: An Experimental Study," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1194, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Ken Burdett & Melvyn G. Coles, 1997. "Marriage and Class," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(1), pages 141-168.
- Muriel Niederle & Alvin E. Roth, 2009.
"Market Culture: How Rules Governing Exploding Offers Affect Market Performance,"
American Economic Journal: Microeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 1(2), pages 199-219, August.
- Niederle, Muriel & Roth, Alvin E., 2009. "Market Culture: How Rules Governing Exploding Offers Affect Market Performance," Scholarly Articles 11077571, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Becker, Gary S, 1973. "A Theory of Marriage: Part I," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(4), pages 813-846, July-Aug..
- Urs Fischbacher, 2007. "z-Tree: Zurich toolbox for ready-made economic experiments," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 10(2), pages 171-178, June.
- Cason, Timothy N. & Friedman, Daniel, 2003.
"Buyer search and price dispersion: a laboratory study,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 112(2), pages 232-260, October.
- Timothy N. Cason & Daniel Friedman, 2000. "Buyer Search and Price Dispersion: A Laboratory Study," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1549, Econometric Society.
- Greiner, Ben, 2004. "An Online Recruitment System for Economic Experiments," MPRA Paper 13513, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chade, Hector, 2001.
"Two-sided search and perfect segregation with fixed search costs,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 31-51, July.
- Hector Chade, "undated". "Two-Sided Search and Perfect Segregation with Fixed Search Costs," Working Papers 2132861, Department of Economics, W. P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University.
- John H. Kagel & Alvin E. Roth, 2000. "The Dynamics of Reorganization in Matching Markets: A Laboratory Experiment Motivated by a Natural Experiment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(1), pages 201-235.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsDecentralized matching; Segregation; Experiment;
- C78 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Bargaining Theory; Matching Theory
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:gamebe:v:90:y:2015:i:c:p:17-43. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622836 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.