Matching And Efficiency In The Baseball Free-Agent System: An Experimental Examination
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Nalbantian, Haig R & Schotter, Andrew, 1995. "Matching and Efficiency in the Baseball Free-Agent System: An Experimental Examination," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(1), pages 1-31, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hoffman, Elizabeth & Spitzer, Matthew L, 1982. "The Coase Theorem: Some Experimental Tests," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 25(1), pages 73-98, April.
- Leonard, Herman B, 1983. "Elicitation of Honest Preferences for the Assignment of Individuals to Positions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(3), pages 461-479, June.
- Alvin E. Roth, 1982. "The Economics of Matching: Stability and Incentives," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 7(4), pages 617-628, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pais, Joana & Pintér, Ágnes, 2008.
"School choice and information: An experimental study on matching mechanisms,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 303-328, September.
- Joana Pais & Ágnes Pintér, 2006. "School Choice and Information An Experimental Study on Matching Mechanisms," Working Papers Department of Economics 2006/14, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Joana Pais & Agnes Pinter, 2007. "School Choice and Information. An Experimental Study on Matching Mechanisms," Labsi Experimental Economics Laboratory University of Siena 018, University of Siena.
- Chen, Yan & Fehr, Ernst & Fischbacher, Urs & Morgan, Peter, 2015. "Decentralized matching and social segregation," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 17-43.
- P. Jean-Jacques Herings & Ana Mauleon & Vincent Vannetelbosch, 2017.
"Matching with Myopic and Farsighted Players,"
2017.34, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Herings, P. Jean-Jacques & Mauleon, Ana & Vannetelbosch, Vincent, 2017. "Matching with Myopic and Farsighted Players," Research Memorandum 011, Maastricht University, Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).
- HERINGS P. Jean-Jacques & MAULEON Ana & VANNETELBOSCH Vincent, 2017. "Matching with myopic and farsighted players," CORE Discussion Papers 2017014, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Joana Pais & Ágnes Pintér & Róbert F. Veszteg, 2011.
"College Admissions And The Role Of Information: An Experimental Study,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 52(3), pages 713-737, August.
- Joana Pais & Agnes Pinter & Robert F. Veszteg, 2008. "College Admissions and the Role of Information: An Experimental Study," ISER Discussion Paper 0707, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Pais, Joana & Pintér, Ágnes & Veszteg, Róbert F., 2008. "College admissions and the role of information : an experimental study," UC3M Working papers. Economics we080302, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Philip Babcock & Kelly Bedard & Gary Charness & John Hartman & Heather Royer, 2015.
"Letting Down The Team? Social Effects Of Team Incentives,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
European Economic Association, vol. 13(5), pages 841-870, October.
- Babcock, Philip & Bedard, Kelly & Charness, Gary & Hartman, John & Royer, Heather, 2012. "Letting Down the Team? Social Effects of Team Incentives," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt93n646db, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Juan D Carrillo & Saurabh Singhal, 2011.
"Tiered Housing Allocation: an Experimental Analysis,"
8511, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Carrillo, Juan D & Singhal, Saurabh, 2011. "Tiered Housing Allocation: an Experimental Analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 8255, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bolle, Friedel & Breitmoser, Yves & Otto, Philipp E., 2011. "A positive theory of cooperative games: The logit core and its variants," MPRA Paper 32918, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Hugh-Jones & David Reinstein, 2010. "Losing Face," Jena Economic Research Papers 2010-068, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:145:y:2018:i:c:p:567-591 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:esx:essedp:769 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Yan & Sonmez, Tayfun, 2006. "School choice: an experimental study," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 127(1), pages 202-231, March.
- Yan Chen & Tayfun Sönmez, 2002. "Improving Efficiency of On-Campus Housing: An Experimental Study," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1669-1686, December.
- Charness, Gary & Kuhn, Peter, 2011.
"Lab Labor: What Can Labor Economists Learn from the Lab?,"
Handbook of Labor Economics,
- Charness, Gary & Kuhn, Peter J., 2010. "Lab Labor: What Can Labor Economists Learn from the Lab?," IZA Discussion Papers 4941, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gary Charness & Peter J. Kuhn, 2010. "Lab Labor: What Can Labor Economists Learn from the Lab?," NBER Working Papers 15913, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joana Pais & Ágnes Pintér & Róbert F. Veszteg, 2017. "Decentralized Matching Markets With(out) Frictions: A Laboratory Experiment," Working Papers REM 2017/03, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, REM, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Comola, Margherita & Fafchamps, Marcel, 2018.
"An experimental study on decentralized networked markets,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 567-591.
- Margherita Comola & Marcel Fafchamps, 2017. "An Experimental Study on Decentralized Networked Markets," Post-Print halshs-01630366, HAL.
More about this item
Keywordsempirical methods ; resource allocation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cvs:starer:90-05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anne Stubing). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aenyuus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.