Investing in energy forestry under uncertainty
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Clarke, Harry R. & Reed, William J., 1989.
"The tree-cutting problem in a stochastic environment : The case of age-dependent growth,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 569-595, October.
- Harry R Clarke & William J. Reed, 1989. "The Tree-Cutting Problem in a Stochastic Environment: The case of Age Dependent Growth," Working Papers 1989.01, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Harry R Clarke & William J. Reed, 1989. "The Tree-Cutting Problem in a Stochastic Environment: The case of Age Dependent Growth," Working Papers 1989.01 EDIRC Provider-In, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Mola-Yudego, Blas & Pelkonen, Paavo, 2008. "The effects of policy incentives in the adoption of willow short rotation coppice for bioenergy in Sweden," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 3052-3058, August.
- Reed, William J., 1993. "The decision to conserve or harvest old-growth forest," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 45-69, August.
- Saphores, Jean-Daniel, 2003. "Harvesting a renewable resource under uncertainty," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 509-529, December.
- Hildebrandt, Patrick & Knoke, Thomas, 2011. "Investment decisions under uncertainty--A methodological review on forest science studies," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Ericsson, Karin & Huttunen, Suvi & Nilsson, L.J.Lars J. & Svenningsson, Per, 2004. "Bioenergy policy and market development in Finland and Sweden," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(15), pages 1707-1721, October.
- Conrad, Jon M., 1997. "On the option value of old-growth forest," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 97-102, August.
- Luca Corato & Michele Moretto & Sergio Vergalli, 2013.
"Land conversion pace under uncertainty and irreversibility: too fast or too slow?,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 110(1), pages 45-82, September.
- Luca Di Corato & Michele Moretto & Sergio Vergalli, 2011. "Land Conversion Pace under Uncertainty and Irreversibility: too fast or too slow?," Working Papers 2011.84, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Isik, Murat & Yang, Wanhong, 2004. "An Analysis of the Effects of Uncertainty and Irreversibility on Farmer Participation in the Conservation Reserve Program," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 29(02), August.
- Pennings, Enrico, 2000. "Taxes and stimuli of investment under uncertainty," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 383-391, February.
- G. Cornelis van Kooten & Robert A. Schipper, 2002. "Forest Conservation in Costa Rica when Nonuse Benefits are Uncertain but Rising," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(1), pages 150-160.
- Metcalf, Gilbert E. & Hassett, Kevin A., 1995.
"Investment under alternative return assumptions Comparing random walks and mean reversion,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 19(8), pages 1471-1488, November.
- Gilbert E. Metcalf & Kevin A. Hassett, 1995. "Investment Under Alternative Return Assumptions: Comparing Random Walks and Mean Reversion," NBER Technical Working Papers 0175, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Insley, M.C. & Wirjanto, T.S., 2010.
"Contrasting two approaches in real options valuation: Contingent claims versus dynamic programming,"
Journal of Forest Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 157-176, April.
- Margaret Insley & Tony Wirjanto, 2008. "Contrasting two approaches in real options valuation: contingent claims versus dynamic programming," Working Papers 08002, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics.
- Feng Song & Jinhua Zhao & Scott M. Swinton, 2011.
"Switching to Perennial Energy Crops Under Uncertainty and Costly Reversibility,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 93(3), pages 764-779.
- Song, Feng & Zhao, Jinhua & Swinton, Scott M., 2009. "Switching to Perennial Energy Crops under Uncertainty and Costly Reversibility," Staff Papers 56195, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kostrova, Alisa & Britz, Wolfgang & Finger, Robert & Djanibekov, Utkur, 2016. "Real Options Approach And Stochastic Programming In Farm Level Analysis: The Case Of Short-Rotation Coppice Cultivation," 56th Annual Conference, Bonn, Germany, September 28-30, 2016 244864, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- repec:eee:rensus:v:82:y:2018:i:p3:p:2693-2704 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kostrova, Alisa & Britz, Wolfgang & Djanibekov, Utkur & Finger, Robert, 2016. "Monte-Carlo Simulation and Stochastic Programming in Real Options Valuation: the Case of Perennial Energy Crop Cultivation," Discussion Papers 250253, University of Bonn, Institute for Food and Resource Economics.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:80:y:2017:i:c:p:180-196 is not listed on IDEAS
- Di Corato, Luca & Brady, Mark, 2016. "Passive farming and land development: a real option approach," Working Paper Series 2016:4, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsReal options; Investment analysis; Short-rotation willow coppice; Bioenergy policy;
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- Q23 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Forestry
- Q42 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Alternative Energy Sources
- Q48 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Government Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:forpol:v:34:y:2013:i:c:p:56-64. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/forpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.