Analyzing determinants of forest owners' decision-making using a sample selection framework
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bierlen, Ralph W. & Parsch, Lucas D. & Dixon, Bruce L., 1999. "How Cropland Contract Type And Term Decisions Are Made: Evidence From An Arkansas Tenant Survey," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 2(01).
- Conway, M.Christine & Amacher, Gregory S. & Sullivan, Jay & Wear, David, 2003. "Decisions nonindustrial forest landowners make: an empirical examination," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 181-203.
- Lee, Lung-fei & Maddala, G S & Trost, R P, 1980. "Asymptotic Covariance Matrices of Two-Stage Probit and Two-Stage Tobit Methods for Simultaneous Equations Models with Selectivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(2), pages 491-503, March.
- Max, Wendy & Lehman, Dale E., 1988. "A behavioral model of timber supply," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 71-86, March.
- Vince Breneman, 2006. "Urban Influence on Costs of Production in the Corn Belt," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(4), pages 930-946.
- Beach, Robert H. & Pattanayak, Subhrendu K. & Yang, Jui-Chen & Murray, Brian C. & Abt, Robert C., 2005. "Econometric studies of non-industrial private forest management: a review and synthesis," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 261-281, March.
- Puhani, Patrick A, 2000. " The Heckman Correction for Sample Selection and Its Critique," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(1), pages 53-68, February.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Nigel Key & William McBride, 2003. "Production Contracts and Productivity in the U.S. Hog Sector," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(1), pages 121-133.
- Bolkesjo, Torjus Folsland & Baardsen, Sjur, 2002. "Roundwood supply in Norway: micro-level analysis of self-employed forest owners," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 55-64, May.
- Avner Ahituv & Ayal Kimhi, 2006. "Simultaneous estimation of work choices and the level of farm activity using panel data," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 33(1), pages 49-71, March.
- Gregory, S. Amacher & Christine Conway, M. & Sullivan, Jay & Gregory, S. Amacher, 2003. "Econometric analyses of nonindustrial forest landowners: Is there anything left to study?," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 137-164.
- Gudbrand Lien & Ola Flaten & Anne Moxnes Jervell & Martha Ebbesvik & Matthias Koesling & Paul Steinar Valle, 2006. "Management and Risk Characteristics of Part-Time and Full-Time Farmers in Norway," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 28(1), pages 111-131.
- Cragg, John G, 1971. "Some Statistical Models for Limited Dependent Variables with Application to the Demand for Durable Goods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(5), pages 829-844, September.
- Vokoun, Melinda & Amacher, Gregory S. & Wear, David N., 2006. "Scale of harvesting by non-industrial private forest landowners," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 223-244, January.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1978. "The Estimation of a Simultaneous Equation Generalized Probit Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(5), pages 1193-1205, September.
- Greene, William H, 1981. "Sample Selection Bias as a Specification Error: Comment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 795-798, May.
- Barry K. Goodwin & Ashok K. Mishra, 2004. "Farming Efficiency and the Determinants of Multiple Job Holding by Farm Operators," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(3), pages 722-729.
- Nigel Key, 2005. "How much do farmers value their independence?," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 33(1), pages 117-126, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marielle Brunette & Jérôme Foncel & Nazindigouba Eric Kéré, 2014.
"Attitude towards Risk and Production Decision: An Empirical analysis on French private forest owners,"
- Eric Nazindigouba KERE & Jérôme FONCEL & Marielle BRUNETTE, 2014. "Attitude towards Risk and Production Decision: An Empirical analysis on French private forest owners," Working Papers 201410, CERDI.
- Eric Nazindigouba Kere & Marielle Brunette & Jérôme Foncel, 2015. "Attitude towards Risk and Production Decision: An Empirical analysis on French private forest owners," Working Papers halshs-01005200, HAL.
- Rodríguez-Vicente, Verónica & Marey-Pérez, Manuel F., 2010. "Analysis of individual private forestry in northern Spain according to economic factors related to management," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 269-295, December.
- Côté, Marc-André & Généreux-Tremblay, Ariane & Gilbert, Diane & Gélinas, Nancy, 2017. "Comparing the profiles, objectives and behaviours of new and longstanding non-industrial private forest owners in Quebec, Canada," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 116-121.
- González-Gómez, Manuel & Álvarez-Díaz, Marcos & Otero-Giráldez, María Soledad, 2013.
"Estimating the long-run impact of forest fires on the eucalyptus timber supply in Galicia, Spain,"
Journal of Forest Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 149-161.
- Manuel González-Gómez & Marcos Alvarez-Díaz & Mª Soledad Otero-Giraldez, 2012. "Estimating the Long-Run Impact of Forest Fires on the Eucalyptus Timber Supply in Galicia, Spain," Working Papers 1206, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Joshi, Omkar & Grebner, Donald L. & Hussain, Anwar & Grado, Stephen C., 2013. "Landowner knowledge and willingness to supply woody biomass for wood-based bioenergy: Sample selection approach," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 97-109.
- Koch, Sebastian P. & Schwarzbauer, Peter & Stern, Tobias, 2013. "Monthly wood supply behavior of associated forest owners in Austria—Insights from the analysis of a micro-econometric panel," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 331-346.
- Bergseng, Even & Vatn, Arild, 2009. "Why protection of biodiversity creates conflict - Some evidence from the Nordic countries," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 147-165, August.
More about this item
KeywordsForest owner behavior Forestry Harvesting decision Simultaneous equations Translog production function;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:foreco:v:14:y:2008:i:3:p:159-176. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/701775/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.