The impact of stepped fuel economy targets on automaker's light-weighting strategy: The China case
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Huo, Hong & Yao, Zhiliang & He, Kebin & Yu, Xin, 2011. "Fuel consumption rates of passenger cars in China: Labels versus real-world," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 7130-7135.
- Peterson, Scott B. & Michalek, Jeremy J., 2013. "Cost-effectiveness of plug-in hybrid electric vehicle battery capacity and charging infrastructure investment for reducing US gasoline consumption," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 429-438.
- Noori, Mehdi & Tatari, Omer & Nam, BooHyun & Golestani, Behnam & Greene, James, 2014. "A stochastic optimization approach for the selection of reflective cracking mitigation techniques," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 367-378.
- Noori, Mehdi & Gardner, Stephanie & Tatari, Omer, 2015. "Electric vehicle cost, emissions, and water footprint in the United States: Development of a regional optimization model," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 610-625.
- Hu, Xiaojun & Chang, Shiyan & Li, Jingjie & Qin, Yining, 2010. "Energy for sustainable road transportation in China: Challenges, initiatives and policy implications," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 4289-4301.
- Sallee, James M. & Slemrod, Joel, 2012.
"Car notches: Strategic automaker responses to fuel economy policy,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 96(11), pages 981-999.
- James M. Sallee & Joel Slemrod, 2010. "Car Notches: Strategic Automaker Responses to Fuel Economy Policy," NBER Working Papers 16604, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Huo, Hong & Zhang, Qiang & He, Kebin & Yao, Zhiliang & Wang, Michael, 2012. "Vehicle-use intensity in China: Current status and future trend," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 6-16.
- Hao, Han & Wang, Hewu & Yi, Ran, 2011. "Hybrid modeling of China’s vehicle ownership and projection through 2050," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 1351-1361.
- Atabani, A.E. & Badruddin, Irfan Anjum & Mekhilef, S. & Silitonga, A.S., 2011. "A review on global fuel economy standards, labels and technologies in the transportation sector," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 4586-4610.
- Fabian Kesicki & Paul Ekins, 2012. "Marginal abatement cost curves: a call for caution," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 219-236, March.
- Whitefoot, Kate S. & Skerlos, Steven J., 2012. "Design incentives to increase vehicle size created from the U.S. footprint-based fuel economy standards," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 402-411.
- Du, J.D. & Han, W.J. & Peng, Y.H. & Gu, C.C., 2010. "Potential for reducing GHG emissions and energy consumption from implementing the aluminum intensive vehicle fleet in China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 4671-4678.
- Hao, Han & Wang, Hewu & Ouyang, Minggao, 2011. "Fuel conservation and GHG (Greenhouse gas) emissions mitigation scenarios for China’s passenger vehicle fleet," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 6520-6528.
- González Palencia, Juan C. & Furubayashi, Takaaki & Nakata, Toshihiko, 2012. "Energy use and CO2 emissions reduction potential in passenger car fleet using zero emission vehicles and lightweight materials," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 548-565.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hao, Han & Liu, Zongwei & Zhao, Fuquan, 2017. "An overview of energy efficiency standards in China's transport sector," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 246-256.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:10:y:2017:i:5:p:660-:d:98027 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsPassenger vehicle; Fuel economy; Fuel consumption; Light-weighting; China;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:94:y:2016:i:c:p:755-765. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .