A panel data parametric frontier technique for measuring total-factor energy efficiency: An application to Japanese regions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Li, Lan-Bing & Hu, Jin-Li, 2012. "Ecological total-factor energy efficiency of regions in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 216-224.
- Stern, David I., 2012. "Modeling international trends in energy efficiency," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 2200-2208.
- Massimo Filippini & Lester C. Hunt, 2011.
"Energy Demand and Energy Efficiency in the OECD Countries: A Stochastic Demand Frontier Approach,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 59-80.
- Massimo Filippini & Lester Hunt, 2009. "Energy demand and energy efficiency in the OECD countries: a stochastic demand frontier approach," CEPE Working paper series 09-68, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Massimo Filippini & Lester C Hunt, 2010. "Energy demand and energy efficiency in the OECD countries: a stochastic demand frontier approach," Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics Discussion Papers (SEEDS) 127, Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Miketa, Asami & Mulder, Peter, 2005. "Energy productivity across developed and developing countries in 10 manufacturing sectors: Patterns of growth and convergence," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 429-453, May.
- Recalde, Marina & Ramos-Martin, Jesús, 2012.
"Going beyond energy intensity to understand the energy metabolism of nations: The case of Argentina,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 122-132.
- Marina Recalde & Jesus Ramos-Martin, 2011. "Going beyond energy intensity to understand the energy metabolism of nations: The case of Argentina," UHE Working papers 2011_03, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Departament d'Economia i Història Econòmica, Unitat d'Història Econòmica.
- Willam Greene, 2005.
"Fixed and Random Effects in Stochastic Frontier Models,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 7-32, January.
- William Greene, 2002. "Fixed and Random Effects in Stochastic Frontier Models," Working Papers 02-16, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Arens, Marlene & Worrell, Ernst & Schleich, Joachim, 2012.
"Energy intensity development of the German iron and steel industry between 1991 and 2007,"
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 786-797.
- Marlene Arens & Ernst Worrell & Joachim Schleich, 2012. "Energy Intensity Development of the German Iron and Steel Industry between 1991 and 2007," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-00805730, HAL.
- Goto, Mika & Otsuka, Akihiro & Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki, 2014. "DEA (Data Envelopment Analysis) assessment of operational and environmental efficiencies on Japanese regional industries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 535-549.
- Liddle, Brantley, 2010. "Revisiting world energy intensity convergence for regional differences," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(10), pages 3218-3225, October.
- Zhou, P. & Ang, B.W. & Zhou, D.Q., 2012. "Measuring economy-wide energy efficiency performance: A parametric frontier approach," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 196-200.
- Mukherjee, Kankana, 2008. "Energy use efficiency in U.S. manufacturing: A nonparametric analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 76-96, January.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-444, June.
- Herrala, Risto & Goel, Rajeev K., 2012. "Global CO2 efficiency: Country-wise estimates using a stochastic cost frontier," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 762-770.
- Honma, Satoshi & Hu, Jin-Li, 2014. "Industry-level total-factor energy efficiency in developed countries: A Japan-centered analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 67-78.
- Mukherjee, Kankana, 2008. "Energy use efficiency in the Indian manufacturing sector: An interstate analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 662-672, February.
- Menegaki, Angeliki N., 2013. "Accounting for unobserved management in renewable energy & growth," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 345-355.
- Nilsson, Lars J., 1993. "Energy intensity trends in 31 industrial and developing countries 1950–1988," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 309-322.
- George Battese & D. Rao & Christopher O'Donnell, 2004. "A Metafrontier Production Function for Estimation of Technical Efficiencies and Technology Gaps for Firms Operating Under Different Technologies," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 91-103, January.
- Fang, Chin-Yi & Hu, Jin-Li & Lou, Tze-Kai, 2013. "Environment-adjusted total-factor energy efficiency of Taiwan's service sectors," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 1160-1168.
- Hu, Jin-Li & Wang, Shih-Chuan, 2006. "Total-factor energy efficiency of regions in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3206-3217, November.
- Vivoda, Vlado, 2012. "Japan’s energy security predicament post-Fukushima," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 135-143.
- Lin, Boqiang & Du, Kerui, 2013. "Technology gap and China's regional energy efficiency: A parametric metafrontier approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 529-536.
- Hu, Jin-Li & Kao, Chih-Hung, 2007. "Efficient energy-saving targets for APEC economies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 373-382, January.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Kodde, David A & Palm, Franz C, 1986. "Wald Criteria for Jointly Testing Equality and Inequality Restriction s," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(5), pages 1243-1248, September.
- Lozano, Sebastián & Gutiérrez, Ester, 2008. "Non-parametric frontier approach to modelling the relationships among population, GDP, energy consumption and CO2 emissions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(4), pages 687-699, July.
- Sözen, Adnan & Alp, Ihsan, 2009. "Comparison of Turkey's performance of greenhouse gas emissions and local/regional pollutants with EU countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5007-5018, December.
- Patterson, Murray G, 1996. "What is energy efficiency? : Concepts, indicators and methodological issues," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 377-390, May.
- Iglesias, Guillermo & Castellanos, Pablo & Seijas, Amparo, 2010. "Measurement of productive efficiency with frontier methods: A case study for wind farms," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 1199-1208, September.
- MORIKAWA Masayuki, 2012. "The Effects of the Great East Japan Earthquake and Policy Priorities for Restoring Economic Growth: Evidence from a survey of Japanese firms (Japanese)," Policy Discussion Papers (Japanese) 12010, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Greene, William, 2005. "Reconsidering heterogeneity in panel data estimators of the stochastic frontier model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 269-303, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jianglong Li & Boqiang Lin, 2016. "Green Economy Performance and Green Productivity Growth in China’s Cities: Measures and Policy Implication," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(9), pages 1-21, September.
- Wang, Jian & Lv, Kangjuan & Bian, Yiwen & Cheng, Yu, 2017. "Energy efficiency and marginal carbon dioxide emission abatement cost in urban China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 246-255.
- Du, Kerui & Lin, Boqiang, 2017. "International comparison of total-factor energy productivity growth: A parametric Malmquist index approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 481-488.
- repec:eee:energy:v:147:y:2018:i:c:p:197-207 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:annopr:v:255:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-015-2053-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Özkara, Yücel & Atak, Mehmet, 2015. "Regional total-factor energy efficiency and electricity saving potential of manufacturing industry in Turkey," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(P1), pages 495-510.
- Lin, Boqiang & Du, Kerui, 2015. "Modeling the dynamics of carbon emission performance in China: A parametric Malmquist index approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 550-557.
- Makridou, Georgia & Andriosopoulos, Kostas & Doumpos, Michael & Zopounidis, Constantin, 2016. "Measuring the efficiency of energy-intensive industries across European countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 573-583.
- Ruiz-Fuensanta, María J., 2016. "The region matters: A comparative analysis of regional energy efficiency in Spain," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 325-331.
- repec:eee:energy:v:128:y:2017:i:c:p:575-585 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:enepol:v:118:y:2018:i:c:p:573-583 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsStochastic frontier analysis; Data envelopment analysis; TFEE (total-factor energy efficiency); Panel data; Shephard distance functions;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:78:y:2014:i:c:p:732-739. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.