Energy Intensity Development of the German Iron and Steel Industry between 1991 and 2007
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Arens, Marlene & Worrell, Ernst & Schleich, Joachim, 2012. "Energy intensity development of the German iron and steel industry between 1991 and 2007," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 786-797.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tanaka, Kanako, 2008. "Assessment of energy efficiency performance measures in industry and their application for policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 2877-2892, August.
- Guo, Z.C. & Fu, Z.X., 2010. "Current situation of energy consumption and measures taken for energy saving in the iron and steel industry in China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 4356-4360.
- Lutz, Christian & Meyer, Bernd & Nathani, Carsten & Schleich, Joachim, 2005. "Endogenous technological change and emissions: the case of the German steel industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1143-1154, June.
- Ozawa, Leticia & Sheinbaum, Claudia & Martin, Nathan & Worrell, Ernst & Price, Lynn, 2002. "Energy use and CO2 emissions in Mexico's iron and steel industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 225-239.
- Schumacher, Katja & Sands, Ronald D., 2007.
"Where are the industrial technologies in energy-economy models? An innovative CGE approach for steel production in Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 799-825, July.
- Katja Schumacher & Ronald D. Sands, 2006. "Where Are the Industrial Technologies in Energy-Economy Models?: An Innovative CGE Approach for Steel Production in Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 605, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Price, Lynn & Wang, Xuejun & Yun, Jiang, 2010. "The challenge of reducing energy consumption of the Top-1000 largest industrial enterprises in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 6485-6498, November.
- Farla, Jacco C. M. & Blok, Kornelis, 2001. "The quality of energy intensity indicators for international comparison in the iron and steel industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 523-543, June.
- Price, Lynn & Levine, Mark D. & Zhou, Nan & Fridley, David & Aden, Nathaniel & Lu, Hongyou & McNeil, Michael & Zheng, Nina & Qin, Yining & Yowargana, Ping, 2011. "Assessment of China's energy-saving and emission-reduction accomplishments and opportunities during the 11th Five Year Plan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 2165-2178, April.
- Kim, Yeonbae & Worrell, Ernst, 2002. "International comparison of CO2 emission trends in the iron and steel industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 827-838, August.
- Worrell, Ernst & Price, Lynn & Martin, Nathan & Farla, Jacco & Schaeffer, Roberto, 1997. "Energy intensity in the iron and steel industry: a comparison of physical and economic indicators," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(7-9), pages 727-744.
- Wei, Yi-Ming & Liao, Hua & Fan, Ying, 2007. "An empirical analysis of energy efficiency in China's iron and steel sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2262-2270.
- Zhang, Jianling & Wang, Guoshun, 2008. "Energy saving technologies and productive efficiency in the Chinese iron and steel sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 525-537.
- Worrell, Ernst & Price, Lynn & Martin, Nathan, 2001. "Energy efficiency and carbon dioxide emissions reduction opportunities in the US iron and steel sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 513-536.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Porzio, Giacomo Filippo & Nastasi, Gianluca & Colla, Valentina & Vannucci, Marco & Branca, Teresa Annunziata, 2014. "Comparison of multi-objective optimization techniques applied to off-gas management within an integrated steelwork," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 1085-1097.
- Arens, M. & Worrell, E., 2014. "Diffusion of energy efficient technologies in the German steel industry and their impact on energy consumption," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 968-977.
- Brunke, Jean-Christian & Blesl, Markus, 2014. "A plant-specific bottom-up approach for assessing the cost-effective energy conservation potential and its ability to compensate rising energy-related costs in the German iron and steel industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 431-446.
- repec:eee:appene:v:209:y:2018:i:c:p:251-265 is not listed on IDEAS
- Porzio, Giacomo Filippo & Fornai, Barbara & Amato, Alessandro & Matarese, Nicola & Vannucci, Marco & Chiappelli, Lisa & Colla, Valentina, 2013. "Reducing the energy consumption and CO2 emissions of energy intensive industries through decision support systems – An example of application to the steel industry," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 818-833.
- Samet, Haidar & Ghanbari, Teymoor & Ghaisari, Jafar, 2014. "Maximizing the transferred power to electric arc furnace for having maximum production," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 752-759.
- repec:eee:energy:v:143:y:2018:i:c:p:881-899 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Wenying & Yin, Xiang & Ma, Ding, 2014. "A bottom-up analysis of China’s iron and steel industrial energy consumption and CO2 emissions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 1174-1183.
- Wei, Rufei & Zhang, Lingling & Cang, Daqiang & Li, Jiaxin & Li, Xianwei & Xu, Chunbao Charles, 2017. "Current status and potential of biomass utilization in ferrous metallurgical industry," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 68(P1), pages 511-524.
- Kepplinger, D. & Templ, M. & Upadhyaya, S., 2013. "Analysis of energy intensity in manufacturing industry using mixed-effects models," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 754-763.
- Honma, Satoshi & Hu, Jin-Li, 2014. "A panel data parametric frontier technique for measuring total-factor energy efficiency: An application to Japanese regions," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 732-739.
- Zhang, Qi & Zhao, Xiaoyu & Lu, Hongyou & Ni, Tuanjie & Li, Yu, 2017. "Waste energy recovery and energy efficiency improvement in China’s iron and steel industry," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 191(C), pages 502-520.
- Sheinbaum-Pardo, Claudia, 2016. "Decomposition analysis from demand services to material production: The case of CO2 emissions from steel produced for automobiles in Mexico," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 174(C), pages 245-255.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy efficiency; Steel industry; Energy intensity;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-04-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2013-04-06 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-ENE-2013-04-06 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:gemptp:hal-00805730. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .