Energy Intensity Development of the German Iron and Steel Industry between 1991 and 2007
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Arens, Marlene & Worrell, Ernst & Schleich, Joachim, 2012. "Energy intensity development of the German iron and steel industry between 1991 and 2007," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 786-797.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tanaka, Kanako, 2008. "Assessment of energy efficiency performance measures in industry and their application for policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 2877-2892, August.
- Guo, Z.C. & Fu, Z.X., 2010. "Current situation of energy consumption and measures taken for energy saving in the iron and steel industry in China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 4356-4360.
- Lutz, Christian & Meyer, Bernd & Nathani, Carsten & Schleich, Joachim, 2005. "Endogenous technological change and emissions: the case of the German steel industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1143-1154, June.
- Ozawa, Leticia & Sheinbaum, Claudia & Martin, Nathan & Worrell, Ernst & Price, Lynn, 2002. "Energy use and CO2 emissions in Mexico's iron and steel industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 225-239.
- Schumacher, Katja & Sands, Ronald D., 2007.
"Where are the industrial technologies in energy-economy models? An innovative CGE approach for steel production in Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 799-825, July.
- Katja Schumacher & Ronald D. Sands, 2006. "Where Are the Industrial Technologies in Energy-Economy Models?: An Innovative CGE Approach for Steel Production in Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 605, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Price, Lynn & Wang, Xuejun & Yun, Jiang, 2010. "The challenge of reducing energy consumption of the Top-1000 largest industrial enterprises in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 6485-6498, November.
- Farla, Jacco C. M. & Blok, Kornelis, 2001. "The quality of energy intensity indicators for international comparison in the iron and steel industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 523-543, June.
- Price, Lynn & Levine, Mark D. & Zhou, Nan & Fridley, David & Aden, Nathaniel & Lu, Hongyou & McNeil, Michael & Zheng, Nina & Qin, Yining & Yowargana, Ping, 2011. "Assessment of China's energy-saving and emission-reduction accomplishments and opportunities during the 11th Five Year Plan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 2165-2178, April.
- Kim, Yeonbae & Worrell, Ernst, 2002. "International comparison of CO2 emission trends in the iron and steel industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 827-838, August.
- Worrell, Ernst & Price, Lynn & Martin, Nathan & Farla, Jacco & Schaeffer, Roberto, 1997. "Energy intensity in the iron and steel industry: a comparison of physical and economic indicators," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(7-9), pages 727-744.
- Wei, Yi-Ming & Liao, Hua & Fan, Ying, 2007. "An empirical analysis of energy efficiency in China's iron and steel sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2262-2270.
- Zhang, Jianling & Wang, Guoshun, 2008. "Energy saving technologies and productive efficiency in the Chinese iron and steel sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 525-537.
- Worrell, Ernst & Price, Lynn & Martin, Nathan, 2001. "Energy efficiency and carbon dioxide emissions reduction opportunities in the US iron and steel sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 513-536.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Porzio, Giacomo Filippo & Nastasi, Gianluca & Colla, Valentina & Vannucci, Marco & Branca, Teresa Annunziata, 2014. "Comparison of multi-objective optimization techniques applied to off-gas management within an integrated steelwork," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 1085-1097.
- Arens, M. & Worrell, E., 2014. "Diffusion of energy efficient technologies in the German steel industry and their impact on energy consumption," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 968-977.
- Brunke, Jean-Christian & Blesl, Markus, 2014. "A plant-specific bottom-up approach for assessing the cost-effective energy conservation potential and its ability to compensate rising energy-related costs in the German iron and steel industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 431-446.
- repec:eee:appene:v:218:y:2018:i:c:p:479-493 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:appene:v:209:y:2018:i:c:p:251-265 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ejores:v:269:y:2018:i:1:p:188-205 is not listed on IDEAS
- Porzio, Giacomo Filippo & Fornai, Barbara & Amato, Alessandro & Matarese, Nicola & Vannucci, Marco & Chiappelli, Lisa & Colla, Valentina, 2013. "Reducing the energy consumption and CO2 emissions of energy intensive industries through decision support systems – An example of application to the steel industry," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 818-833.
- Samet, Haidar & Ghanbari, Teymoor & Ghaisari, Jafar, 2014. "Maximizing the transferred power to electric arc furnace for having maximum production," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 752-759.
- repec:eee:energy:v:143:y:2018:i:c:p:881-899 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Wenying & Yin, Xiang & Ma, Ding, 2014. "A bottom-up analysis of China’s iron and steel industrial energy consumption and CO2 emissions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 1174-1183.
- Wei, Rufei & Zhang, Lingling & Cang, Daqiang & Li, Jiaxin & Li, Xianwei & Xu, Chunbao Charles, 2017. "Current status and potential of biomass utilization in ferrous metallurgical industry," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 68(P1), pages 511-524.
- Kepplinger, D. & Templ, M. & Upadhyaya, S., 2013. "Analysis of energy intensity in manufacturing industry using mixed-effects models," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 754-763.
- Honma, Satoshi & Hu, Jin-Li, 2014. "A panel data parametric frontier technique for measuring total-factor energy efficiency: An application to Japanese regions," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 732-739.
- Zhang, Qi & Zhao, Xiaoyu & Lu, Hongyou & Ni, Tuanjie & Li, Yu, 2017. "Waste energy recovery and energy efficiency improvement in China’s iron and steel industry," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 191(C), pages 502-520.
- Sheinbaum-Pardo, Claudia, 2016. "Decomposition analysis from demand services to material production: The case of CO2 emissions from steel produced for automobiles in Mexico," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 174(C), pages 245-255.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy efficiency; Steel industry; Energy intensity;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-04-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2013-04-06 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-ENE-2013-04-06 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:gemptp:hal-00805730. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.