Variables affecting energy efficiency and CO2 emissions in the steel industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gielen, Dolf & Moriguchi, Yuichi, 2002. "CO2 in the iron and steel industry: an analysis of Japanese emission reduction potentials," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 849-863, August.
- Karbuz, Sohbet, 1998. "Achieving accurate international comparisons of manufacturing energy use data," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(12), pages 973-979, October.
- Tanaka, Kanako, 2008. "Assessment of energy efficiency performance measures in industry and their application for policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 2877-2892, August.
- Ozawa, Leticia & Sheinbaum, Claudia & Martin, Nathan & Worrell, Ernst & Price, Lynn, 2002. "Energy use and CO2 emissions in Mexico's iron and steel industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 225-239.
- Farla, Jacco C. M. & Blok, Kornelis, 2001. "The quality of energy intensity indicators for international comparison in the iron and steel industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 523-543, June.
- Patterson, Murray G, 1996. "What is energy efficiency? : Concepts, indicators and methodological issues," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 377-390, May.
- Price, L & Sinton, J & Worrell, E & Phylipsen, D & Xiulian, H & Ji, L, 2002. "Energy use and carbon dioxide emissions from steel production in China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 429-446.
- Phylipsen, Dian & Blok, Kornelis & Worrell, Ernst & Beer, Jeroen de, 2002. "Benchmarking the energy efficiency of Dutch industry: an assessment of the expected effect on energy consumption and CO2 emissions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 663-679, June.
- Worrell, Ernst & Price, Lynn & Martin, Nathan, 2001. "Energy efficiency and carbon dioxide emissions reduction opportunities in the US iron and steel sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 513-536.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Haikonen, Turo & Tuomaala, Mari & Holmberg, Henrik & Ahtila, Pekka, 2013. "Evaluating municipal energy efficiency in biorefinery integration," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 260-267.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:11:y:2018:i:1:p:234-:d:127652 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tanaka, Kanako, 2012. "A comparison study of EU and Japan methods to assess CO2 emission reduction and energy saving in the iron and steel industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 578-585.
- Abdul Quader, M. & Ahmed, Shamsuddin & Dawal, S.Z. & Nukman, Y., 2016. "Present needs, recent progress and future trends of energy-efficient Ultra-Low Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Steelmaking (ULCOS) program," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 537-549.
- Vera Zipperer & Misato Sato & Karsten Neuhoff, 2017.
"Benchmarks for Emissions Trading – General Principles for Emissions Scope,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1712, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Misato Sato, Karsten Neuhoff, Vera Zipperer, 2017. "Benchmarks for emissions trading – general principles for emissions scope," GRI Working Papers 321, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Flues, Florens & Rübbelke, Dirk & Vögele, Stefan, 2013.
"Energy efficiency and industrial output: The case of the iron and steel industry,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
13-101, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Florens Flues & Dirk Rübbelke & Stefan Vögele, 2013. "Energy Efficiency and Industrial Output: The Case of the Iron and Steel Industry," Working Papers 2013.96, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Makridou, Georgia & Andriosopoulos, Kostas & Doumpos, Michael & Zopounidis, Constantin, 2016. "Measuring the efficiency of energy-intensive industries across European countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 573-583.
- Suopajärvi, Hannu & Pongrácz, Eva & Fabritius, Timo, 2014. "Bioreducer use in Finnish blast furnace ironmaking – Analysis of CO2 emission reduction potential and mitigation cost," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 82-93.
- Ates, Seyithan A., 2015. "Energy efficiency and CO2 mitigation potential of the Turkish iron and steel industry using the LEAP (long-range energy alternatives planning) system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 90(P1), pages 417-428.
- Ang, B.W. & Xu, X.Y., 2013. "Tracking industrial energy efficiency trends using index decomposition analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 1014-1021.
- Giacone, E. & Mancò, S., 2012. "Energy efficiency measurement in industrial processes," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 331-345.
- Morfeldt, Johannes & Silveira, Semida, 2014. "Methodological differences behind energy statistics for steel production – Implications when monitoring energy efficiency," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 391-396.
- Meng, Ming & Niu, Dongxiao & Shang, Wei, 2012. "CO2 emissions and economic development: China's 12th five-year plan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 468-475.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:2:p:162-:d:128191 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:appene:v:212:y:2018:i:c:p:1563-1577 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brunke, Jean-Christian & Blesl, Markus, 2014. "A plant-specific bottom-up approach for assessing the cost-effective energy conservation potential and its ability to compensate rising energy-related costs in the German iron and steel industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 431-446.
- Nielsen, Hana, 2017. "Productive efficiency in the iron and steel sector under state planning: The case of China and former Czechoslovakia in a comparative perspective," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 185(P2), pages 1732-1743.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy efficiency Specific energy consumption CO2 emissions;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:38:y:2010:i:5:p:2477-2485. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.