Benchmarking the energy use of energy-intensive industries in industrialized and in developing countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zhu, Bing & Zhou, Wenji & Hu, Shanying & Li, Qiang & Griffy-Brown, Charla & Jin, Yong, 2010. "CO2 emissions and reduction potential in China’s chemical industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 4663-4670.
- Xu, Tengfang & Flapper, Joris & Kramer, Klaas Jan, 2009. "Characterization of energy use and performance of global cheese processing," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 1993-2000.
- Farla, Jacco C.M & Blok, Kornelis, 2000. "The use of physical indicators for the monitoring of energy intensity developments in the Netherlands, 1980–1995," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 609-638.
- Worrell, E. & Cuelenaere, R.F.A. & Blok, K. & Turkenburg, W.C., 1994. "Energy consumption by industrial processes in the European Union," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 19(11), pages 1113-1129.
- Gielen, Dolf & Taylor, Peter, 2009. "Indicators for industrial energy efficiency in India," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 962-969.
- Saygin, D. & Patel, M.K. & Worrell, E. & Tam, C. & Gielen, D.J., 2011. "Potential of best practice technology to improve energy efficiency in the global chemical and petrochemical sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 5779-5790.
- Xu, Tengfang & Flapper, Joris, 2009. "Energy use and implications for efficiency strategies in global fluid-milk processing industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5334-5341, December.
- Price, Lynn & Wang, Xuejun & Yun, Jiang, 2010. "The challenge of reducing energy consumption of the Top-1000 largest industrial enterprises in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 6485-6498, November.
- Ren, Tao & Patel, Martin & Blok, Kornelis, 2006. "Olefins from conventional and heavy feedstocks: Energy use in steam cracking and alternative processes," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 425-451.
- Yanjia, Wang & Chandler, William, 2010. "The Chinese nonferrous metals industry--energy use and CO2 emissions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 6475-6484, November.
- Farla, Jacco C. M. & Blok, Kornelis, 2001. "The quality of energy intensity indicators for international comparison in the iron and steel industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 523-543, June.
- Worrell, Ernst & Price, Lynn & Martin, Nathan & Farla, Jacco & Schaeffer, Roberto, 1997. "Energy intensity in the iron and steel industry: a comparison of physical and economic indicators," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(7-9), pages 727-744.
- Neelis, Maarten & Ramirez-Ramirez, Andrea & Patel, Martin & Farla, Jacco & Boonekamp, Piet & Blok, Kornelis, 2007. "Energy efficiency developments in the Dutch energy-intensive manufacturing industry, 1980-2003," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 6112-6131, December.
- Phylipsen, Dian & Blok, Kornelis & Worrell, Ernst & Beer, Jeroen de, 2002. "Benchmarking the energy efficiency of Dutch industry: an assessment of the expected effect on energy consumption and CO2 emissions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 663-679, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:resene:v:49:y:2017:i:c:p:201-217 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:energy:v:142:y:2018:i:c:p:258-263 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tian, Jinping & Shi, Han & Li, Xing & Chen, Lujun, 2012. "Measures and potentials of energy-saving in a Chinese fine chemical industrial park," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 459-470.
- Napp, T.A. & Gambhir, A. & Hills, T.P. & Florin, N. & Fennell, P.S, 2014. "A review of the technologies, economics and policy instruments for decarbonising energy-intensive manufacturing industries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 616-640.
- Olanrewaju, O.A & Jimoh, A.A, 2014. "Review of energy models to the development of an efficient industrial energy model," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 661-671.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:79:y:2017:i:c:p:1303-1313 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cagno, Enrico & Trianni, Andrea, 2013. "Exploring drivers for energy efficiency within small- and medium-sized enterprises: First evidences from Italian manufacturing enterprises," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 276-285.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:70:y:2018:i:c:p:233-243 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:energy:v:144:y:2018:i:c:p:1107-1118 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:energy:v:130:y:2017:i:c:p:382-391 is not listed on IDEAS
- Makridou, Georgia & Andriosopoulos, Kostas & Doumpos, Michael & Zopounidis, Constantin, 2016. "Measuring the efficiency of energy-intensive industries across European countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 573-583.
- Huang, Yun-Hsun & Chang, Yi-Lin & Fleiter, Tobias, 2016. "A critical analysis of energy efficiency improvement potentials in Taiwan's cement industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 14-26.
- Ates, Seyithan A., 2015. "Energy efficiency and CO2 mitigation potential of the Turkish iron and steel industry using the LEAP (long-range energy alternatives planning) system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 90(P1), pages 417-428.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:2:p:162-:d:128191 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jeners:v:10:y:2017:i:10:p:1618-:d:115214 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:appene:v:212:y:2018:i:c:p:1563-1577 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kostevšek, Anja & Petek, Janez & Čuček, Lidija & Pivec, Aleksandra, 2013. "Conceptual design of a municipal energy and environmental system as an efficient basis for advanced energy planning," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 148-158.
- Sucic, Boris & Al-Mansour, Fouad & Pusnik, Matevz & Vuk, Tomaz, 2016. "Context sensitive production planning and energy management approach in energy intensive industries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 63-73.
- Broeren, M.L.M. & Saygin, D. & Patel, M.K., 2014. "Forecasting global developments in the basic chemical industry for environmental policy analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 273-287.
- Saygin, D. & Worrell, E. & Tam, C. & Trudeau, N. & Gielen, D.J. & Weiss, M. & Patel, M.K., 2012. "Long-term energy efficiency analysis requires solid energy statistics: The case of the German basic chemical industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 1094-1106.
- repec:eee:energy:v:127:y:2017:i:c:p:623-633 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ke, Jing & Price, Lynn & McNeil, Michael & Khanna, Nina Zheng & Zhou, Nan, 2013. "Analysis and practices of energy benchmarking for industry from the perspective of systems engineering," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 32-44.
- Wang, Ning & Wen, Zongguo & Liu, Mingqi & Guo, Jie, 2016. "Constructing an energy efficiency benchmarking system for coal production," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 301-308.
More about this item
KeywordsBenchmarking; Energy indicators; Best practice technology; Industrial energy efficiency;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:36:y:2011:i:11:p:6661-6673. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.