Characterization of energy use and performance of global cheese processing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ramírez, C.A. & Patel, M. & Blok, K., 2006. "From fluid milk to milk powder: Energy use and energy efficiency in the European dairy industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 1984-2004.
- Hu, S.-C. & Chuah, Y.K., 2003. "Power consumption of semiconductor fabs in Taiwan," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 895-907.
- Worrell, Ernst & Laitner, John A & Ruth, Michael & Finman, Hodayah, 2003. "Productivity benefits of industrial energy efficiency measures," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(11), pages 1081-1098.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dhayaneswaran, Y. & Ashok Kumar, L., 2014. "A study on current characteristics of induction motor while operating at its base frequency in textile industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 340-345.
- Giacone, E. & Mancò, S., 2012. "Energy efficiency measurement in industrial processes," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 331-345.
- Palamutcu, S., 2010. "Electric energy consumption in the cotton textile processing stages," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 2945-2952.
- Xu, Tengfang & Flapper, Joris, 2009. "Energy use and implications for efficiency strategies in global fluid-milk processing industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5334-5341, December.
- Nunes, J. & Silva, Pedro D. & Andrade, L.P. & Gaspar, Pedro D., 2016. "Key points on the energy sustainable development of the food industry – Case study of the Portuguese sausages industry," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 393-411.
- Nihan Karali & Tengfang Xu & Jayant Sathaye, 2016. "Developing long-term strategies to reduce energy use and CO2 emissions—analysis of three mitigation scenarios for iron and steel production in China," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 21(5), pages 699-719, June.
- Damour, C. & Hamdi, M. & Josset, C. & Auvity, B. & Boillereaux, L., 2012. "Energy analysis and optimization of a food defrosting system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 562-570.
- Özilgen, Mustafa & Sorgüven, Esra, 2011. "Energy and exergy utilization, and carbon dioxide emission in vegetable oil production," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 5954-5967.
- Mirade, Pierre-Sylvain & Perret, Bruno & Guillemin, Hervé & Picque, Daniel & Desserre, Béatrice & Montel, Marie-Christine & Corrieu, Georges, 2012. "Quantifying energy savings during cheese ripening after implementation of sequential air ventilation in an industrial cheesemaking plant," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 248-258.
- Xu, Tengfang & Karali, Nihan & Sathaye, Jayant, 2014. "Undertaking high impact strategies: The role of national efficiency measures in long-term energy and emission reduction in steel making," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 179-188.
- Xu, Tengfang & Flapper, Joris, 2011. "Reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions from global dairy processing facilities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 234-247, January.
- Karakaya, Ahmet & Özilgen, Mustafa, 2011. "Energy utilization and carbon dioxide emission in the fresh, paste, whole-peeled, diced, and juiced tomato production processes," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 5101-5110.
- Saygin, D. & Worrell, E. & Patel, M.K. & Gielen, D.J., 2011. "Benchmarking the energy use of energy-intensive industries in industrialized and in developing countries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 6661-6673.
More about this item
KeywordsSpecific energy consumption (SEC); Cheese; Dairy process; Greenhouse gas; Benchmarking;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:34:y:2009:i:11:p:1993-2000. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.