Promoting renewable energy through capacity markets: An analysis of the Russian support scheme
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Moreno, R. & Barroso, L.A. & Rudnick, H. & Mocarquer, S. & Bezerra, B., 2010. "Auction approaches of long-term contracts to ensure generation investment in electricity markets: Lessons from the Brazilian and Chilean experiences," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 5758-5769, October.
- Walter Vergara & Alejandro Deeb & Natsuko Toba & Peter Cramton & Irene Leino, 2010.
"Wind Energy in Colombia : A Framework for Market Entry,"
World Bank Publications,
The World Bank, number 2493.
- Walter Vergara & Alejandro Deeb & Natsuko Toba & Peter Cramton & Irene Leino, 2010. "Wind Energy in Colombia: A Framework for Market Entry," Papers of Peter Cramton 10wec, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 2010.
- Engoian, Alda, 2006. "Industrial and institutional restructuring of the Russian electricity sector: Status and issues," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3233-3244, November.
- Boccard, Nicolas, 2009. "Capacity factor of wind power realized values vs. estimates," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2679-2688, July.
- Finon, Dominique & Pignon, Virginie, 2008. "Electricity and long-term capacity adequacy: The quest for regulatory mechanism compatible with electricity market," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 143-158, September.
- Johnston, Angus & Kavali, Amalia & Neuhoff, Karsten, 2008.
"Take-or-pay contracts for renewables deployment,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 2481-2503, July.
- Angus Johnston & Amalia Kavali & Karsten Neuhoff, 2007. "Take-or-pay contracts for Renewables Deployment," Working Papers EPRG 0707, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Johnston, A. & Amalia, A. & Neuhoff, K., 2007. "Take-or-pay contracts for Renewables Deployment," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0723, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Luiz T. A. Maurer & Luiz A. Barroso, 2011. "Electricity Auctions : An Overview of Efficient Practices," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2346.
- Joan Canton & Åsa Johannesson Lindén, 2010. "Support schemes for renewable electricity in the EU," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 408, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- D. Finon & V. Pignon, 2008. "Electricity and long-term capacity adequacy: The quest for regulatory mechanism compatible with electricity market," Post-Print hal-00716312, HAL.
- De Vries, Laurens J., 2007. "Generation adequacy: Helping the market do its job," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 20-35, March.
- Paul L. Joskow, 2011.
"Comparing the Costs of Intermittent and Dispatchable Electricity Generating Technologies,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 101(3), pages 238-241, May.
- Paul L. Joskow, 2010. "Comparing the Costs of Intermittent and Dispatchable Electricity Generating Technologies," Working Papers 1013, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Paul L. Joskow, 2011. "Comparing the Costs of Intermittent and Dispatchable Electricity Generating Technologies," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers 45, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Paul L. Joskow, 2011. "Comparing the Costs of Intermittent and Dispatchable Electricity Generating Technologies," RSCAS Working Papers 2011/45, European University Institute.
- Martins, Fernando Ramos & Pereira, Enio Bueno, 2011. "Enhancing information for solar and wind energy technology deployment in Brazil," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 4378-4390, July.
- Batlle, Carlos & Pérez-Arriaga, Ignacio J., 2008. "Design criteria for implementing a capacity mechanism in deregulated electricity markets," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 184-193, September.
- Jean-Philippe Bonardi & Santiago Urbiztondo & Bertrand V. Quelin, 2009.
"The political economy of international regulatory convergence in public utilities,"
International Journal of Management and Network Economics,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(2), pages 232-256.
- Bonardi, Jean-Philippe & Urbiztondo, Santiago & Quelin, Bertrand, 2008. "The political economy of international regulatory convergence in public utilities," MPRA Paper 14435, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bertrand Quélin & Jean-Philippe Bonardi & Santiago Urbiztondo, 2009. "The political economy of international regulatory convergence in public utilities," Post-Print hal-00491668, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Levin, Todd & Botterud, Audun, 2015. "Electricity market design for generator revenue sufficiency with increased variable generation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 392-406.
- Michael Pahle, Wolf-Peter Schill, Christian Gambardella, and Oliver Tietjen, 2016.
"Renewable Energy Support, Negative Prices, and Real-time Pricing,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Sustainab).
- Pahle, Michael & Schill, Wolf-Peter & Gambardella, Christian & Tietjen, Oliver, 2016. "Renewable Energy Support, Negative Prices, and Real-time Pricing," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 147-169.
- Smeets, Niels, 2017. "Similar goals, divergent motives. The enabling and constraining factors of Russia's capacity-based renewable energy support scheme," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 138-149.
- Simona-Vasilica Oprea & Adela Bâra, 2017. "Analyses of Wind and Photovoltaic Energy Integration from the Promoting Scheme Point of View: Study Case of Romania," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(12), pages 1-16, December.
- Kozlova, Mariia & Collan, Mikael, 2016. "Modeling the effects of the new Russian capacity mechanism on renewable energy investments," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 350-360.
- Salah, Florian & Flath, Christoph M. & Schuller, Alexander & Will, Christian & Weinhardt, Christof, 2017. "Morphological analysis of energy services: Paving the way to quality differentiation in the power sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 614-624.
- Boute, Anatole & Zhikharev, Alexey, 2019. "Vested interests as driver of the clean energy transition: Evidence from Russia's solar energy policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 133(C).
- Sebastian Schäfer & Lisa Schulten, 2015. "Efficient Promotion of Renewable Energy with Reverse Auctions," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201520, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Boute, Anatole & Willems, Patrick, 2012. "RUSTEC: Greening Europe's energy supply by developing Russia's renewable energy potential," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 618-629.
- Michael Pahle & Wolf-Peter Schill & Christian Gambardella & Oliver Tietjen, 2015. "When Low Market Values Are No Bad News: On the Coordination of Renewable Support and Real-Time Pricing," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1507, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Alexander N. Alekseev & Aleksei V. Bogoviz & Ludmila P. Goncharenko & Sergey A. Sybachin, 2019. "A Critical Review of Russia’s Energy Strategy in the Period until 2035," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 9(6), pages 95-102.
- Vidadili, Nurtaj & Suleymanov, Elchin & Bulut, Cihan & Mahmudlu, Ceyhun, 2017. "Transition to renewable energy and sustainable energy development in Azerbaijan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 1153-1161.
- Kozlova, Mariia & Fleten, Stein-Erik & Hagspiel, Verena, 2019. "Investment timing and capacity choice under rate-of-return regulation for renewable energy support," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 174(C), pages 591-601.
- Banshwar, Anuj & Sharma, Naveen Kumar & Sood, Yog Raj & Shrivastava, Rajnish, 2018. "An international experience of technical and economic aspects of ancillary services in deregulated power industry: Lessons for emerging BRIC electricity markets," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 774-801.
- Vasileva, Evgeniia & Viljainen, Satu & Sulamaa, Pekka & Kuleshov, Dmitry, 2015. "RES support in Russia: Impact on capacity and electricity market prices," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 82-90.
More about this item
KeywordsRenewables; Capacity markets; Russia;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:46:y:2012:i:c:p:68-77. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.