Modeling the effects of the new Russian capacity mechanism on renewable energy investments
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pegels, Anna, 2010. "Renewable energy in South Africa: Potentials, barriers and options for support," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 4945-4954, September.
- Lund, P.D., 2007. "Effectiveness of policy measures in transforming the energy system," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 627-639, January.
- Boute, Anatole, 2012. "Promoting renewable energy through capacity markets: An analysis of the Russian support scheme," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 68-77.
- Apergis, Nicholas & Payne, James E., 2010. "Renewable energy consumption and growth in Eurasia," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1392-1397, November.
- Vasileva, Evgeniia & Viljainen, Satu & Sulamaa, Pekka & Kuleshov, Dmitry, 2015. "RES support in Russia: Impact on capacity and electricity market prices," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 82-90.
- Martinot, Eric, 1998. "Energy efficiency and renewable energy in Russia: Transaction barriers, market intermediation, and capacity building," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(11), pages 905-915, September.
- Fais, Birgit & Blesl, Markus & Fahl, Ulrich & Voß, Alfred, 2014. "Comparing different support schemes for renewable electricity in the scope of an energy systems analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 479-489.
- Gore, Olga & Viljainen, Satu & Makkonen, Mari & Kuleshov, Dmitry, 2012. "Russian electricity market reform: Deregulation or re-regulation?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 676-685.
- Salim, Ruhul A. & Rafiq, Shuddhasattwa, 2012. "Why do some emerging economies proactively accelerate the adoption of renewable energy?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1051-1057.
- Kuleshov, Dmitry & Viljainen, Satu & Annala, Salla & Gore, Olga, 2012. "Russian electricity sector reform: Challenges to retail competition," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 40-49.
- Boute, Anatole, 2016. "Off-grid renewable energy in remote Arctic areas: An analysis of the Russian Far East," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 1029-1037.
- Zhang, Huiming & Li, Lianshui & Cao, Jie & Zhao, Mengnan & Wu, Qing, 2011. "Comparison of renewable energy policy evolution among the BRICs," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 4904-4909.
- Gabriela Elizondo Azuela & Luiz Augusto Barroso, 2012. "Design and Performance of Policy Instruments to Promote the Development of Renewable Energy : Emerging Experience in Selected Developing Countries," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 9379, June.
- Benson, Christopher L. & Magee, Christopher L., 2014. "On improvement rates for renewable energy technologies: Solar PV, wind turbines, capacitors, and batteries," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 745-751.
- Apergis, Nicholas & Payne, James E., 2011. "The renewable energy consumption-growth nexus in Central America," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 343-347, January.
- del Río, Pablo & Linares, Pedro, 2014. "Back to the future? Rethinking auctions for renewable electricity support," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 42-56.
- Martinot, E., 1999. "Renewable energy in Russia: markets, development and technology transfer," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 49-75, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Evgeny Lisin & Galina Kurdiukova & Pavel Okley & Veronika Chernova, 2019. "Efficient Methods of Market Pricing in Power Industry within the Context of System Integration of Renewable Energy Sources," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(17), pages 1-16, August.
- Tatiana Nevzorova, 2020. "Biogas Production in the Russian Federation: Current Status, Potential, and Barriers," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(14), pages 1-21, July.
- Valeriy V. Iosifov & Evgenii Yu. Khrustalev & Sergey N. Larin & Oleg E. Khrustalev, 2020. "Strategic Planning of Regional Energy System Based on Life Cycle Assessment Methodology," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 10(3), pages 62-68.
- Smeets, Niels, 2017. "Similar goals, divergent motives. The enabling and constraining factors of Russia's capacity-based renewable energy support scheme," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 138-149.
- Alexander N. Alekseev & Aleksei V. Bogoviz & Ludmila P. Goncharenko & Sergey A. Sybachin, 2019. "A Critical Review of Russia’s Energy Strategy in the Period until 2035," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 9(6), pages 95-102.
- Kozlova, Mariia & Fleten, Stein-Erik & Hagspiel, Verena, 2019. "Investment timing and capacity choice under rate-of-return regulation for renewable energy support," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 174(C), pages 591-601.
- Lanshina, Tatiana A. & “Skip” Laitner, John A. & Potashnikov, Vladimir Y. & Barinova, Vera A., 2018. "The slow expansion of renewable energy in Russia: Competitiveness and regulation issues," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 600-609.
- Sharmina, Maria, 2017. "Low-carbon scenarios for Russia's energy system: A participative backcasting approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 303-315.
- Evgeny Lisin & Wadim Strielkowski & Veronika Chernova & Alena Fomina, 2018. "Assessment of the Territorial Energy Security in the Context of Energy Systems Integration," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(12), pages 1-14, November.
- Kozlova, Mariia & Collan, Mikael, 2020. "Renewable energy investment attractiveness: Enabling multi-criteria cross-regional analysis from the investors’ perspective," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 382-400.
- Boute, Anatole & Zhikharev, Alexey, 2019. "Vested interests as driver of the clean energy transition: Evidence from Russia's solar energy policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 133(C).
- Mastropietro, Paolo & Rodilla, Pablo & Batlle, Carlos, 2019. "De-rating of wind and solar resources in capacity mechanisms: A review of international experiences," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 253-262.
- Svetlana Balashova & Svetlana Ratner & Konstantin Gomonov & Andrey Berezin, 2020. "Modeling Consumer and Industry Reaction to Renewable Support Schemes: Empirical Evidence from the USA and Applications for Russia," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 10(3), pages 158-167.
More about this item
KeywordsRussia; Capacity mechanism; Renewable energy policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:95:y:2016:i:c:p:350-360. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.