Effects of a carbon price in the U.S. on economic sectors, resource use, and emissions: An input-output approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Parikh, Ashok, 1979. "Forecasts of Input-Output Matrices Using the R.A.S. Method," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(3), pages 477-481, August.
- Hannon, Bruce, 2001. "Ecological pricing and economic efficiency," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 19-30, January.
- Nguyen, Khanh Q., 2008. "Impacts of a rise in electricity tariff on prices of other products in Vietnam," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 3135-3139, August.
- Weisz, Helga & Duchin, Faye, 2006.
"Physical and monetary input-output analysis: What makes the difference?,"
Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 534-541, May.
- Helga Weisz & Faye Duchin, 2004. "Physical and Monetary Input-Output Analysis: What Makes the Difference?," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0422, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics, revised May 2005.
- Shrestha, Ram M. & Marpaung, Charles O. P., 1999. "Supply- and demand-side effects of carbon tax in the Indonesian power sector: an integrated resource planning analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 185-194, April.
- Espey, James A. & Espey, Molly, 2004.
"Turning on the Lights: A Meta-Analysis of Residential Electricity Demand Elasticities,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(01), pages 65-81, April.
- Espey, James A. & Espey, Molly, 2004. "Turning on the Lights: A Meta-Analysis of Residential Electricity Demand Elasticities," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 36(01), April.
- Kulisic, Biljana & Loizou, Efstratios & Rozakis, Stelios & Segon, Velimir, 2007. "Impacts of biodiesel production on Croatian economy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 6036-6045, December.
- Molly Espey, 1996. "Explaining the Variation in Elasticity Estimates of Gasoline Demand in the United States: A Meta-Analysis," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 49-60.
- Steven Kraines & Yoshikuni Yoshida, 2004. "Process System Modelling of Production Technology Alternatives using Input- Output Tables with Sector Specific Units," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 21-32.
- Michael Lahr & Louis de Mesnard, 2004.
"Biproportional Techniques in Input-Output Analysis: Table Updating and Structural Analysis,"
Economic Systems Research,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 115-134.
- Michael L. Lahr & Louis De Mesnard, 2004. "Biproportional Techniques in Input-Output Analysis: Table Updating and Structural Analysis," Post-Print halshs-00068608, HAL.
- Michael Lahr & Louis de Mesnard, 2004. "Biproportional Techniques in Input-Output Analysis: Table Updating and Structural Analysis," GE, Growth, Math methods 0403006, EconWPA.
- Ukidwe, Nandan U. & Bakshi, Bhavik R., 2007. "Industrial and ecological cumulative exergy consumption of the United States via the 1997 input–output benchmark model," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1560-1592.
- Gay, Philip W. & Proops, John L.R., 1993. "Carbon---dioxide production by the UK economy: An input-output assessment," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 113-130.
- Wolsky, Alan Martin, 1984. "Disaggregating Input-Output Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(2), pages 283-291, May.
- Chang, Yih F. & Lewis, Charles & Lin, Sue J., 2008. "Comprehensive evaluation of industrial CO2 emission (1989-2004) in Taiwan by input-output structural decomposition," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 2471-2480, July.
- Morgenstern, Richard D. & Ho, Mun & Shih, J.-S.Jhih-Shyang & Zhang, Xuehua, 2004.
"The near-term impacts of carbon mitigation policies on manufacturing industries,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(16), pages 1825-1841, November.
- Morgenstern, Richard & Shih, Jhih-Shyang & Ho, Mun & Zhang, Xuehua, 2002. "The Near-Term Impacts of Carbon Mitigation Policies on Manufacturing Industries," Discussion Papers dp-02-06-, Resources For the Future.
- Stefan Giljum & Klaus Hubacek, 2004. "Alternative Approaches of Physical Input-Output Analysis to Estimate Primary Material Inputs of Production and Consumption Activities," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 301-310.
- Pearce, David W, 1991. "The Role of Carbon Taxes in Adjusting to Global Warming," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(407), pages 938-948, July.
- Spees, Kathleen & Lave, Lester B., 2007. "Demand Response and Electricity Market Efficiency," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 69-85, April.
- Elizabeth Symons & John Proops & Philip Gay, 1994. "Carbon taxes, consumer demand and carbon dioxide emissions: a simulation analysis for the UK," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 15(2), pages 19-43, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhang, Kun & Wang, Qian & Liang, Qiao-Mei & Chen, Hao, 2016. "A bibliometric analysis of research on carbon tax from 1989 to 2014," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 297-310.
- Renato Agurto & Fernando Fuentes & Carlos Garcia & Esteban Skoknic, 2013. "Power Generation and the Business Cycle: The Impact of Delaying Investment," ILADES-Georgetown University Working Papers inv290, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines.
- Lindberg, Gunnar & Midmore, Peter & Surry, Yves R., 2011. "Agriculture’s inter-industry linkages, aggregation bias and rural policy reforms," 122nd Seminar, February 17-18, 2011, Ancona, Italy 99358, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:114:y:2018:i:c:p:262-273 is not listed on IDEAS
- Choi, Jun-Ki & Morrison, Drew & Hallinan, Kevin P. & Brecha, Robert J., 2014. "Economic and environmental impacts of community-based residential building energy efficiency investment," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 877-886.
- Liu, Hongtao & Polenske, Karen R. & Xi, Youmin & Guo, Ju'e, 2010. "Comprehensive evaluation of effects of straw-based electricity generation: A Chinese case," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 6153-6160, October.
- Iuliia Ogarenko & Klaus Hubacek, 2013. "Eliminating Indirect Energy Subsidies in Ukraine: Estimation of Environmental and Socioeconomic Effects Using Input–Output Modeling," Journal of Economic Structures, Springer;Pan-Pacific Association of Input-Output Studies (PAPAIOS), vol. 2(1), pages 1-27, December.
- Li, Fujia & Dong, Suocheng & Li, Zehong & Li, Yu & Li, Shantong & Wan, Yongkun, 2012. "The improvement of CO2 emission reduction policies based on system dynamics method in traditional industrial region with large CO2 emission," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 683-695.
- Choi, Jun-Ki & Bakshi, Bhavik R. & Hubacek, Klaus & Nader, Jordan, 2016. "A sequential input–output framework to analyze the economic and environmental implications of energy policies: Gas taxes and fuel subsidies," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 830-839.
- G. Lindberg & P. Midmore & Y. Surry, 2012. "Agriculture’s Inter-industry Linkages, Aggregation Bias and Rural Policy Reforms," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(3), pages 552-575, September.
- Bassi, Andrea M. & Yudken, Joel S., 2011. "Climate policy and energy-intensive manufacturing: A comprehensive analysis of the effectiveness of cost mitigation provisions in the American Energy and Security Act of 2009," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 4920-4931, September.
More about this item
KeywordsCarbon price Input-output analysis Resource consumption and emission;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:38:y:2010:i:7:p:3527-3536. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.