The Near-Term Impacts of Carbon Mitigation Policies on Manufacturing Industries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Morgenstern, Richard D. & Ho, Mun & Shih, J.-S.Jhih-Shyang & Zhang, Xuehua, 2004. "The near-term impacts of carbon mitigation policies on manufacturing industries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(16), pages 1825-1841, November.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard D. Morgenstern & William A. Pizer & Jhih-Shyang Shih, 2001. "The Cost Of Environmental Protection," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(4), pages 732-738, November.
- Jorgenson, Dale W. & Wilcoxen, Peter J., 1993.
"Reducing U.S. carbon dioxide emissions: an assessment of different instruments,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 15(5-6), pages 491-520.
- Jorgenson, D.W. & Wilcoxen, P.J., 1992. "Reducing US Carbon Dioxide Emissions: An Assessment of Different Instruments," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1590, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- J. E. Stiglitz, 1999. "Introduction," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 28(3), pages 249-254, November.
- Koomey, Jonathan G. & Webber, Carrie A. & Atkinson, Celina S. & Nicholls, Andrew, 2001. "Addressing energy-related challenges for the US buildings sector: results from the clean energy futures study," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(14), pages 1209-1221, November.
- Ruth, Matthias & Davidsdottir, Brynhildur & Laitner, Skip, 2000. "Impacts of market-based climate change policies on the US pulp and paper industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 259-270, April.
- Sanstad, Alan H. & DeCanio, Stephen J. & Boyd, Gale A. & Koomey, Jonathan G., 2001. "Estimating bounds on the economy-wide effects of the CEF policy scenarios," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(14), pages 1299-1311, November.
- Burtraw, Dallas & Palmer, Karen & Bharvirkar, Ranjit & Paul, Anthony, 2001. "The Effect of Allowance Allocation on the Cost of Carbon Emission Trading," Discussion Papers dp-01-30-, Resources For the Future.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Misato Sato & Karsten Neuhoff & Verena Graichen & Katja Schumacher & Felix Matthes, 2013. "Sectors under scrutiny � Evaluation of indicators to assess the risk of carbon leakage in the UK and Germany," GRI Working Papers 113, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Farrelly, Damien J. & Everard, Colm D. & Fagan, Colette C. & McDonnell, Kevin P., 2013. "Carbon sequestration and the role of biological carbon mitigation: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 712-727.
- Liwayway Adkins & Richard Garbaccio & Mun Ho & Eric Moore & Richard Morgenstern, 2012.
"Carbon Pricing with Output-Based Subsidies: Impacts on U.S. Industries over Multiple Time Frames,"
NCEE Working Paper Series
201203, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised May 2012.
- Adkins, Liwayway & Garbaccio, Richard & Ho, Mun & Moore, Eric & Morgenstern, Richard, 2012. "Carbon Pricing with Output-Based Subsidies: Impacts on U.S. Industries over Multiple Time Frames," Discussion Papers dp-12-27, Resources For the Future.
- Parry, Ian W. H., 2004. "Are emissions permits regressive?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 364-387, March.
- Ho, Mun S. & Morgenstern, Richard & Shih, Jhih-Shyang, 2008. "Impact of Carbon Price Policies on U.S. Industry," Discussion Papers dp-08-37, Resources For the Future.
- Bordigoni, Mathieu & Hita, Alain & Le Blanc, Gilles, 2012. "Role of embodied energy in the European manufacturing industry: Application to short-term impacts of a carbon tax," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 335-350.
- Corbett Grainger & Charles Kolstad, 2010. "Who Pays a Price on Carbon?," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 46(3), pages 359-376, July.
- Skelton, Alexandra C.H. & Allwood, Julian M., 2013. "The incentives for supply chain collaboration to improve material efficiency in the use of steel: An analysis using input output techniques," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 33-42.
- Bassi, Andrea M. & Yudken, Joel S. & Ruth, Matthias, 2009. "Climate policy impacts on the competitiveness of energy-intensive manufacturing sectors," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 3052-3060, August.
- Liu, Xianbing & Niu, Dongjie & Bao, Cunkuan & Suk, Sunhee & Sudo, Kinichi, 2013. "Affordability of energy cost increases for companies due to market-based climate policies: A survey in Taicang, China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 1464-1476.
- Adkins, Liwayway & Garbaccio, Richard & Ho, Mun & Moore, Eric & Morgenstern, Richard, 2010. "The Impact on U.S. Industries of Carbon Prices with Output-Based Rebates over Multiple Time Frames," Discussion Papers dp-10-47, Resources For the Future.
- Bartleet, Matthew & Iyer, Kris & Lawrence, Gillian & Numan-Parsons, Elisabeth & Stroombergen, Adolf, 2009. "Impact of emissions pricing on New Zealand manufacturing: A short-run analysis," Occasional Papers 10/2, Ministry of Economic Development, New Zealand.
- Sugino, Makoto & Arimura, Toshi H. & Morgenstern, Richard, 2012. "The Impact on Japanese Industry of Alternative Carbon Mitigation Policies," Discussion Papers dp-12-17, Resources For the Future.
- Eimear Leahy & Sean Lyons & Edgar L.W. Morgenroth & Richard S.J. Tol, "undated". "The Spatial Incidence of a Carbon Tax in Ireland," Working Papers FNU-174, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University.
- Choi, Jun-Ki & Bakshi, Bhavik R. & Haab, Timothy, 2010. "Effects of a carbon price in the U.S. on economic sectors, resource use, and emissions: An input-output approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 3527-3536, July.
- Kerkhof, Annemarie C. & Moll, Henri C. & Drissen, Eric & Wilting, Harry C., 2008. "Taxation of multiple greenhouse gases and the effects on income distribution: A case study of the Netherlands," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 318-326, September.
- Santamaría, Alberto & Linares, Pedro & Pintos, Pablo, 2014. "The effects of carbon prices and anti-leakage policies on selected industrial sectors in Spain – Cement, steel and oil refining," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 708-717.
- Kemfert, Claudia & Zhang, ZhongXiang, 2003. "Linking developing country's cooperation on climate control with industrialized country's R&D and technology transfer," MPRA Paper 41473, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sugino, Makoto & Arimura, Toshi H. & Morgenstern, Richard D., 2013. "The effects of alternative carbon mitigation policies on Japanese industries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1254-1267.
- Liu, Xianbing & Wang, Can & Zhang, Weishi & Suk, Sunhee & Sudo, Kinichi, 2013. "Company's affordability of increased energy costs due to climate policies: A survey by sector in China," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 419-430.
- Bassi, Andrea M. & Yudken, Joel S., 2011. "Climate policy and energy-intensive manufacturing: A comprehensive analysis of the effectiveness of cost mitigation provisions in the American Energy and Security Act of 2009," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 4920-4931, September.
More about this item
Keywordsdistribution of carbon mitigation costs; industrial impacts of carbon policies;
- Q28 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy
- Q48 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-01-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2006-01-24 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2006-01-24 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rff:dpaper:dp-02-06-. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/degraus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.