The proposals for a European tax on CO2 and their implications for intercountry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pearce, David W, 1991. "The Role of Carbon Taxes in Adjusting to Global Warming," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(407), pages 938-948, July.
- Speck, Stefan, 1999. "Energy and carbon taxes and their distributional implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(11), pages 659-667, October.
- Biesiot, Wouter & Noorman, Klaas Jan, 1999. "Energy requirements of household consumption: a case study of The Netherlands," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 367-383, March.
- Baranzini, Andrea & Goldemberg, Jose & Speck, Stefan, 2000. "A future for carbon taxes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 395-412, March.
- Ang, B. W., 1999. "Is the energy intensity a less useful indicator than the carbon factor in the study of climate change?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(15), pages 943-946, December.
- Boyd Roy & Krutilla Kerry & Viscusi W. Kip, 1995. "Energy Taxation as a Policy Instrument to Reduce CO2 Emissions: A Net Benefit Analysis," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 1-24, July.
- Elizabeth Symons & John Proops & Philip Gay, 1994. "Carbon taxes, consumer demand and carbon dioxide emissions: a simulation analysis for the UK," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, pages 19-43.
- Antonia Cornwell & John Creedy, 1996.
"Carbon taxation, prices and inequality in Australia,"
Institute for Fiscal Studies, pages 21-38.
- Cornwell, A. & Creedy, J., 1995. "CArbon Taxation, Prices and Inequality in Australia," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 481, The University of Melbourne.
- Hoel, Michael, 1992. "Carbon taxes : An international tax or harmonized domestic taxes?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(2-3), pages 400-406, April.
- Ekins, Paul & Barker, Terry, 2001. " Carbon Taxes and Carbon Emissions Trading," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 325-376, July.
- Roca, Jordi & Alcantara, Vicent, 2001. "Energy intensity, CO2 emissions and the environmental Kuznets curve. The Spanish case," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 553-556, June.
- Mark Pearson, 1995. "The political economy of implementing environmental taxes," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 2(2), pages 357-373, August.
- Terry Barker & Jonathan Köhler, 1998. "Equity and ecotax reform in the EU: achieving a 10 per cent reduction in CO2 emissions using excise duties," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, pages 375-402.
- Xavier Labandeira & José M. Labeaga, 1999. "Combining input-output analysis and micro-simulation to assess the effects of carbon taxation on Spanish households," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, pages 305-320.
More about this item
Keywordscarbon tax; distributive effects; energy tax; European Union; inter-country;
- D30 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - General
- H30 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - General
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
- Q48 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Government Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uab:wprdea:wp0201. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Miquel Colobran). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dauabes.html .