Biofuels and the biorefinery concept
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Searchinger, Timothy & Heimlich, Ralph & Houghton, R. A. & Dong, Fengxia & Elobeid, Amani & Fabiosa, Jacinto F. & Tokgoz, Simla & Hayes, Dermot J. & Yu, Hun-Hsiang, 2008. "Use of U.S. Croplands for Biofuels Increases Greenhouse Gases Through Emissions from Land-Use Change," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12881, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Moraes, Bruna S. & Zaiat, Marcelo & Bonomi, Antonio, 2015. "Anaerobic digestion of vinasse from sugarcane ethanol production in Brazil: Challenges and perspectives," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 888-903.
- Jeong, Tae-Su & Kim, Young-Soo & Oh, Kyeong-Keun, 2012. "A kinetic assessment of glucose production from pretreated Gelidium amansii by dilute acid hydrolysis," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 207-211.
- Subhadra, Bobban G., 2010. "Sustainability of algal biofuel production using integrated renewable energy park (IREP) and algal biorefinery approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 5892-5901, October.
- Subhadra, Bobban G. & Edwards, Mark, 2011. "Coproduct market analysis and water footprint of simulated commercial algal biorefineries," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(10), pages 3515-3523.
- Lopolito, Antonio & Nardone, Gianluca & Prosperi, Maurizio & Sisto, Roberta & Stasi, Antonio, 2011. "Modeling the bio-refinery industry in rural areas: A participatory approach for policy options comparison," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 18-27.
- Bauer, Fredric & Hulteberg, Christian, 2014. "Isobutanol from glycerine – A techno-economic evaluation of a new biofuel production process," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 261-268.
- Walls, W.D. & Rusco, Frank & Kendix, Michael, 2011. "Biofuels policy and the US market for motor fuels: Empirical analysis of ethanol splashing," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 3999-4006, July.
- Adekunle, Ademola & Orsat, Valerie & Raghavan, Vijaya, 2016. "Lignocellulosic bioethanol: A review and design conceptualization study of production from cassava peels," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 518-530.
- Subhadra, Bobban & Edwards, Mark, 2010. "An integrated renewable energy park approach for algal biofuel production in United States," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 4897-4902, September.
- Puri, Munish & Abraham, Reinu E. & Barrow, Colin J., 2012. "Biofuel production: Prospects, challenges and feedstock in Australia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(8), pages 6022-6031.
- González-García, Sara & Gasol, Carles M. & Gabarrell, Xavier & Rieradevall, Joan & Moreira, Ma Teresa & Feijoo, Gumersindo, 2010. "Environmental profile of ethanol from poplar biomass as transport fuel in Southern Europe," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 1014-1023.
- Jean-Marc Roda & Maxime Goralski & Anthony Benoist & Anaphel Baptiste & Valentine Boudjema & Theodoros Galanos & Marine Georget & Jean-Eudes Hévin & Simon Lavergne & Frédéric Eychenne & Kan Ern Liew &, 2015. "Sustainability of biojet-fuel in Malaysia," Selected Books, CIRAD, Forest department, UPR40, edition 1, volume 1, number 17 edited by Jean-Marc Roda.
- Maity, Sunil K., 2015. "Opportunities, recent trends and challenges of integrated biorefinery: Part I," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 1427-1445.
- Kes McCormick & Niina Kautto, 2013. "The Bioeconomy in Europe: An Overview," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(6), pages 1-20, June.
- Russo, D. & Dassisti, M. & Lawlor, V. & Olabi, A.G., 2012. "State of the art of biofuels from pure plant oil," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 4056-4070.
- Rawat, I. & Ranjith Kumar, R. & Mutanda, T. & Bux, F., 2013. "Biodiesel from microalgae: A critical evaluation from laboratory to large scale production," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 444-467.
- Shortall, O.K. & Raman, Sujatha & Millar, Kate, 2015. "Are plants the new oil? Responsible innovation, biorefining and multipurpose agriculture," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 360-368.
- Trumbo, Jennifer L. & Tonn, Bruce E., 2016. "Biofuels: A sustainable choice for the United States' energy future?," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 147-161.
- Subhadra, Bobban G., 2011. "Macro-level integrated renewable energy production schemes for sustainable development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 2193-2196, April.
More about this item
KeywordsBiodiesel Bioethanol Biofuel co-products;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:36:y:2008:i:12:p:4406-4409. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.