Isobutanol from glycerine – A techno-economic evaluation of a new biofuel production process
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Srirangan, Kajan & Akawi, Lamees & Moo-Young, Murray & Chou, C. Perry, 2012. "Towards sustainable production of clean energy carriers from biomass resources," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 172-186.
- Taylor, Gail, 2008. "Biofuels and the biorefinery concept," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 4406-4409, December.
- Irimescu, Adrian, 2012. "Performance and fuel conversion efficiency of a spark ignition engine fueled with iso-butanol," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 477-483.
- Beatrice, Carlo & Di Blasio, Gabriele & Lazzaro, Maurizio & Cannilla, Catia & Bonura, Giuseppe & Frusteri, Francesco & Asdrubali, Francesco & Baldinelli, Giorgio & Presciutti, Andrea & Fantozzi, Franc, 2013. "Technologies for energetic exploitation of biodiesel chain derived glycerol: Oxy-fuels production by catalytic conversion," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 63-71.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhao, Xin & Yao, Guolin & Tyner, Wallace E., 2016. "Quantifying breakeven price distributions in stochastic techno-economic analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 183(C), pages 318-326.
- Zhao, Xin & Guolin, Yao & Wallace, Tyner, 2016. "Quantifying Breakeven Price Distributions in Stochastic Techno-Economic Analysis — A Case of Cellulosic Biofuel Production from Fast Pyrolysis and Hydroprocessing Pathway," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235215, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Caspeta, Luis & Caro-Bermúdez, Mario A. & Ponce-Noyola, Teresa & Martinez, Alfredo, 2014. "Enzymatic hydrolysis at high-solids loadings for the conversion of agave bagasse to fuel ethanol," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 277-286.
- Toka, Agorasti & Iakovou, Eleftherios & Vlachos, Dimitrios & Tsolakis, Naoum & Grigoriadou, Anastasia-Loukia, 2014. "Managing the diffusion of biomass in the residential energy sector: An illustrative real-world case study," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 56-69.
- López-González, D. & Puig-Gamero, M. & Acién, F.G. & García-Cuadra, F. & Valverde, J.L. & Sanchez-Silva, L., 2015. "Energetic, economic and environmental assessment of the pyrolysis and combustion of microalgae and their oils," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 1752-1770.
- Walls, W.D. & Rusco, Frank & Kendix, Michael, 2011.
"Biofuels policy and the US market for motor fuels: Empirical analysis of ethanol splashing,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 3999-4006, July.
- W. D. Walls & F. Rusco & M. Kendix, "undated". "Biofuels Policy and the Market for Motor Fuels: Empirical Analysis of Ethanol Splashing," Working Papers 2011-01, Department of Economics, University of Calgary, revised 01 Jan 2011.
- Dhamodaran, Gopinath & Esakkimuthu, Ganapathy Sundaram & Pochareddy, Yashwanth Kutti & Sivasubramanian, Harish, 2017. "Investigation of n-butanol as fuel in a four-cylinder MPFI SI engine," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 726-735.
- Schipfer, Fabian & Kranzl, Lukas, 2019. "Techno-economic evaluation of biomass-to-end-use chains based on densified bioenergy carriers (dBECs)," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 239(C), pages 715-724.
- Seckin, Candeniz & Bayulken, Ahmet R., 2013. "Extended Exergy Accounting (EEA) analysis of municipal wastewater treatment – Determination of environmental remediation cost for municipal wastewater," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 55-64.
- Sastre, C.M. & Maletta, E. & González-Arechavala, Y. & Ciria, P. & Santos, A.M. & del Val, A. & Pérez, P. & Carrasco, J., 2014. "Centralised electricity production from winter cereals biomass grown under central-northern Spain conditions: Global warming and energy yield assessments," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 737-748.
- Arodudu, Oludunsin Tunrayo & Helming, Katharina & Voinov, Alexey & Wiggering, Hubert, 2017. "Integrating agronomic factors into energy efficiency assessment of agro-bioenergy production – A case study of ethanol and biogas production from maize feedstock," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 198(C), pages 426-439.
- Irimescu, Adrian & Vasiu, Gabriel & Tordai, Gavrilă Trif, 2014. "Performance and emissions of a small scale generator powered by a spark ignition engine with adaptive fuel injection control," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 196-206.
- Ebrahimian, Farinaz & Karimi, Keikhosro & Angelidaki, Irini, 2022. "Coproduction of hydrogen, butanol, butanediol, ethanol, and biogas from the organic fraction of municipal solid waste using bacterial cocultivation followed by anaerobic digestion," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 194(C), pages 552-560.
- Francesco Asdrubali & Franco Cotana & Federico Rossi & Andrea Presciutti & Antonella Rotili & Claudia Guattari, 2015. "Life Cycle Assessment of New Oxy-Fuels from Biodiesel-Derived Glycerol," Energies, MDPI, vol. 8(3), pages 1-16, February.
- Budzianowski, Wojciech M. & Postawa, Karol, 2016. "Total Chain Integration of sustainable biorefinery systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 1432-1446.
- Ding, Mingyue & Yang, Yong & Li, Yongwang & Wang, Tiejun & Ma, Longlong & Wu, Chuangzhi, 2013. "Impact of H2/CO ratios on phase and performance of Mn-modified Fe-based Fischer Tropsch synthesis catalyst," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 1241-1246.
- Yaoyang, Xu & Boeing, Wiebke J., 2013. "Mapping biofuel field: A bibliometric evaluation of research output," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 82-91.
- Montuori, Lina & Alcázar-Ortega, Manuel & Álvarez-Bel, Carlos & Domijan, Alex, 2014. "Integration of renewable energy in microgrids coordinated with demand response resources: Economic evaluation of a biomass gasification plant by Homer Simulator," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 15-22.
- Arshad, Muhammad & Ahmed, Sibtain, 2016. "Cogeneration through bagasse: A renewable strategy to meet the future energy needs," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 732-737.
- Moraes, Bruna S. & Junqueira, Tassia L. & Pavanello, Lucas G. & Cavalett, Otávio & Mantelatto, Paulo E. & Bonomi, Antonio & Zaiat, Marcelo, 2014. "Anaerobic digestion of vinasse from sugarcane biorefineries in Brazil from energy, environmental, and economic perspectives: Profit or expense?," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 825-835.
- Merola, Simona Silvia & Valentino, Gerardo & Tornatore, Cinzia & Marchitto, Luca, 2013. "In-cylinder spectroscopic measurements of knocking combustion in a SI engine fuelled with butanol–gasoline blend," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 150-161.
- Tian, Hailin & Li, Jie & Yan, Miao & Tong, Yen Wah & Wang, Chi-Hwa & Wang, Xiaonan, 2019. "Organic waste to biohydrogen: A critical review from technological development and environmental impact analysis perspective," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 256(C).
More about this item
KeywordsGlycerine; Isobutanol; Biofuel; Process integration; Techno-economic analysis;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:122:y:2014:i:c:p:261-268. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.