Quantifying breakeven price distributions in stochastic techno-economic analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zhu, Yunhua & Biddy, Mary J. & Jones, Susanne B. & Elliott, Douglas C. & Schmidt, Andrew J., 2014. "Techno-economic analysis of liquid fuel production from woody biomass via hydrothermal liquefaction (HTL) and upgrading," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 384-394.
- Bittner, Amanda & Tyner, Wallace E. & Zhao, Xin, 2015. "Field to flight: A techno-economic analysis of the corn stover to aviation biofuels supply chain," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205091, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Bauer, Fredric & Hulteberg, Christian, 2014. "Isobutanol from glycerine – A techno-economic evaluation of a new biofuel production process," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 261-268.
- Rajendran, Karthik & Kankanala, Harshavardhan R. & Martinsson, Rakel & Taherzadeh, Mohammad J., 2014. "Uncertainty over techno-economic potentials of biogas from municipal solid waste (MSW): A case study on an industrial process," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 84-92.
- Daniel Fylstra & Leon Lasdon & John Watson & Allan Waren, 1998. "Design and Use of the Microsoft Excel Solver," Interfaces, INFORMS, vol. 28(5), pages 29-55, October.
- Chong, W.T. & Naghavi, M.S. & Poh, S.C. & Mahlia, T.M.I. & Pan, K.C., 2011. "Techno-economic analysis of a wind–solar hybrid renewable energy system with rainwater collection feature for urban high-rise application," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(11), pages 4067-4077.
- Yao, Guolin & Staples, Mark & Malina, Robert & Tyner, Wallace, 2016. "Stochastic Techno-Economic Analysis of Alcohol-to-Jet Fuel Production," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235479, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Reyes Valle, C. & Villanueva Perales, A.L. & Vidal-Barrero, F. & Gómez-Barea, A., 2013. "Techno-economic assessment of biomass-to-ethanol by indirect fluidized bed gasification: Impact of reforming technologies and comparison with entrained flow gasification," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 254-266.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jeong, Dawoon & Tyner, Wallace E. & Meilan, Richard & Brown, Tristan R. & Doering, Otto C., 2020. "Stochastic techno-economic analysis of electricity produced from poplar plantations in Indiana," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 189-197.
- Mamun, Saleh & Hansen, Jason K. & Roni, Mohammad S., 2020. "Supply, operational, and market risk reduction opportunities: Managing risk at a cellulosic biorefinery," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 121(C).
- Stetter, Chris & Piel, Jan-Hendrik & Hamann, Julian F.H. & Breitner, Michael H., 2020. "Competitive and risk-adequate auction bids for onshore wind projects in Germany," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(C).
- Arora, Amit & Singh, Vijay, 2020. "Biodiesel production from engineered sugarcane lipids under uncertain feedstock compositions: Process design and techno-economic analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 280(C).
- Cruce, Jesse R. & Quinn, Jason C., 2019. "Economic viability of multiple algal biorefining pathways and the impact of public policies," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 233, pages 735-746.
- Li, Shuyun & Jiang, Yuan & Snowden-Swan, Lesley J. & Askander, Jalal A. & Schmidt, Andrew J. & Billing, Justin M., 2021. "Techno-economic uncertainty analysis of wet waste-to-biocrude via hydrothermal liquefaction," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 283(C).
- Campbell, Robert M. & Anderson, Nathaniel M. & Daugaard, Daren E. & Naughton, Helen T., 2018. "Financial viability of biofuel and biochar production from forest biomass in the face of market price volatility and uncertainty," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 230(C), pages 330-343.
- Walsh, Michael J. & Gerber Van Doren, Léda & Shete, Nilam & Prakash, Akshay & Salim, Usama, 2018. "Financial tradeoffs of energy and food uses of algal biomass under stochastic conditions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 210(C), pages 591-603.
- Jåstad, Eirik Ogner & Bolkesjø, Torjus Folsland & Rørstad, Per Kristian, 2020. "Modelling effects of policies for increased production of forest-based liquid biofuel in the Nordic countries," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(C).
- Robert M. Campbell & Nathaniel M. Anderson & Daren E. Daugaard & Helen T. Naughton, 2018. "Technoeconomic and Policy Drivers of Project Performance for Bioenergy Alternatives Using Biomass from Beetle-Killed Trees," Energies, MDPI, vol. 11(2), pages 1-20, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Zhao, Xin & Guolin, Yao & Wallace, Tyner, 2016. "Quantifying Breakeven Price Distributions in Stochastic Techno-Economic Analysis — A Case of Cellulosic Biofuel Production from Fast Pyrolysis and Hydroprocessing Pathway," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235215, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Atsonios, Konstantinos & Kougioumtzis, Michael-Alexander & D. Panopoulos, Kyriakos & Kakaras, Emmanuel, 2015. "Alternative thermochemical routes for aviation biofuels via alcohols synthesis: Process modeling, techno-economic assessment and comparison," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 346-366.
- Roberto Eloy Hernández Regalado & Jurek Häner & Elmar Brügging & Jens Tränckner, 2022. "Techno-Economic Assessment of Solid–Liquid Biogas Treatment Plants for the Agro-Industrial Sector," Energies, MDPI, vol. 15(12), pages 1-20, June.
- Kargbo, Hannah & Harris, Jonathan Stuart & Phan, Anh N., 2021. "“Drop-in” fuel production from biomass: Critical review on techno-economic feasibility and sustainability," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 135(C).
- Magdeldin, Mohamed & Kohl, Thomas & Järvinen, Mika, 2017. "Techno-economic assessment of the by-products contribution from non-catalytic hydrothermal liquefaction of lignocellulose residues," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 679-695.
- Sogut, M. Ziya & Seçgin, Ömer & Ozkaynak, Süleyman, 2019. "Investigation of thermodynamics performance of alternative jet fuels based on decreasing threat of paraffinic and sulfur," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 181(C), pages 1114-1120.
- Kumar, R. & Strezov, V., 2021. "Thermochemical production of bio-oil: A review of downstream processing technologies for bio-oil upgrading, production of hydrogen and high value-added products," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 135(C).
- Al Busaidi, Ahmed Said & Kazem, Hussein A & Al-Badi, Abdullah H & Farooq Khan, Mohammad, 2016. "A review of optimum sizing of hybrid PV–Wind renewable energy systems in oman," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 185-193.
- Lakhani, Raksha & Doluweera, Ganesh & Bergerson, Joule, 2014. "Internalizing land use impacts for life cycle cost analysis of energy systems: A case of California’s photovoltaic implementation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 253-259.
- Grima-Olmedo, C. & Ramírez-Gómez, Á. & Alcalde-Cartagena, R., 2014. "Energetic performance of landfill and digester biogas in a domestic cooker," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 301-308.
- Feng, Junfeng & Hse, Chung-yun & Wang, Kui & Yang, Zhongzhi & Jiang, Jianchun & Xu, Junming, 2017. "Directional liquefaction of biomass for phenolic compounds and in situ hydrodeoxygenation upgrading of phenolics using bifunctional catalysts," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 1-13.
- Martinez-Garcia, A.N. & Anderson, J., 2007. "Carnico-ICSPEA2--A metaheuristic co-evolutionary navigator for a complex co-evolutionary farming system," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 179(3), pages 634-655, June.
- Oscar Garcia & Alain Ulazia & Mario del Rio & Sheila Carreno-Madinabeitia & Andoni Gonzalez-Arceo, 2019. "An Energy Potential Estimation Methodology and Novel Prototype Design for Building-Integrated Wind Turbines," Energies, MDPI, vol. 12(10), pages 1-21, May.
- Alexandre Lemos & Pedro T. Monteiro & Inês Lynce, 2021. "Disruptions in timetables: a case study at Universidade de Lisboa," Journal of Scheduling, Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 35-48, February.
- Chong, W.T. & Yip, S.Y. & Fazlizan, A. & Poh, S.C. & Hew, W.P. & Tan, E.P. & Lim, T.S., 2014. "Design of an exhaust air energy recovery wind turbine generator for energy conservation in commercial buildings," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 252-256.
- Michał Wojcieszyk & Lotta Knuutila & Yuri Kroyan & Mário de Pinto Balsemão & Rupali Tripathi & Juha Keskivali & Anna Karvo & Annukka Santasalo-Aarnio & Otto Blomstedt & Martti Larmi, 2021. "Performance of Anisole and Isobutanol as Gasoline Bio-Blendstocks for Spark Ignition Engines," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(16), pages 1-19, August.
- Tzanetis, Konstantinos F. & Posada, John A. & Ramirez, Andrea, 2017. "Analysis of biomass hydrothermal liquefaction and biocrude-oil upgrading for renewable jet fuel production: The impact of reaction conditions on production costs and GHG emissions performance," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 1388-1398.
- Retkowski, Waldemar & Thöming, Jorg, 2014. "Thermoeconomic optimization of vertical ground-source heat pump systems through nonlinear integer programming," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 492-503.
- Raed Shatnawi, 2019. "Exploring trends in the evolution of open-source systems," International Journal of System Assurance Engineering and Management, Springer;The Society for Reliability, Engineering Quality and Operations Management (SREQOM),India, and Division of Operation and Maintenance, Lulea University of Technology, Sweden, vol. 10(6), pages 1516-1526, December.
- Chen, Hung-Cheng, 2013. "Optimum capacity determination of stand-alone hybrid generation system considering cost and reliability," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 155-164.
More about this item
KeywordsBreakeven price; Techno-economic analysis; Cellulosic biofuel; Monte-Carlo simulation; Fast pyrolysis;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:183:y:2016:i:c:p:318-326. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.