The implications of the historical decline in US energy intensity for long-run CO2 emission projections
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bovenberg, A Lans & Goulder, Lawrence H, 1996.
"Optimal Environmental Taxation in the Presence of Other Taxes: General-Equilibrium Analyses,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 86(4), pages 985-1000, September.
- A. Lans Bovenberg & Lawrence H. Goulder, 1994. "Optimal Environmental Taxation in the Presence of Other Taxes: General Equilibrium Analyses," NBER Working Papers 4897, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan S. Manne & Richard G. Richels, 1990. "CO2 Emission Limits: An Economic Cost Analysis for the USA," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 51-74.
- Dahl, Carol & Duggan, Thomas E., 1996. "U.S. energy product supply elasticities: A survey and application to the U.S. oil market," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 243-263, October.
- Rutherford, Thomas F, 1999. "Applied General Equilibrium Modeling with MPSGE as a GAMS Subsystem: An Overview of the Modeling Framework and Syntax," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 14(1-2), pages 1-46, October.
- Schafer, Andreas & Jacoby, Henry D., 2005. "Technology detail in a multisector CGE model: transport under climate policy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Bovenberg, A.L. & Goulder, L.H., 1996. "Optimal environmental taxation in the presence of other taxes : General equilibrium analyses," Other publications TiSEM 5d4b7517-c5c8-4ef6-ab76-3, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Jorgenson, Dale W, 1984. "The Role of Energy in Productivity Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(2), pages 26-30, May.
- McFarland, J. R. & Reilly, J. M. & Herzog, H. J., 2004. "Representing energy technologies in top-down economic models using bottom-up information," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 685-707, July.
- Bernstein, Paul M. & Montgomery, W. David & Rutherford, Thomas F., 1999. "Global impacts of the Kyoto agreement: results from the MS-MRT model," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3-4), pages 375-413, August.
- repec:wsi:wschap:9789813108448_0016 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gale A. Boyd and Joseph M. Roop, 2004. "A Note on the Fisher Ideal Index Decomposition for Structural Change in Energy Intensity," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 87-102.
- Glenn W. Harrison & Thomas F. Rutherford & David G. Tarr, 2017. "Quantifying The Uruguay Round," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Trade Policies for Development and Transition, chapter 16, pages 363-388 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- William W. Hogan & Dale W. Jorgenson, 1991. "Productivity Trends and the Cost of Reducing CO2 Emissions," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 67-86.
- Dowlatabadi, Hadi & Oravetz, Matthew A., 2006. "US long-term energy intensity: Backcast and projection," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3245-3256, November.
- Dale W. Jorgenson, 1984. "The Role of Energy in Productivity Growth," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 11-26.
- Williams, Robert H., 1987. "A low energy future for the United States," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 12(10), pages 929-944.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giovanni Marin & Alessandro Palma, 2015.
"Technology Invention and Diffusion in Residential Energy Consumption. A Stochastic Frontier Approach,"
2015.104, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Giovanni Marin & Alessandro Palma, 2015. "Technology invention and diffusion in residential energy consumption. A stochastic frontier approach," SEEDS Working Papers 1415, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised Sep 2015.
- Giovanni Marin & Alessandro Palma, 2015. "Technology invention and diffusion in residential energy consumption. A stochastic frontier approach," IEFE Working Papers 81, IEFE, Center for Research on Energy and Environmental Economics and Policy, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:6:p:893-:d:99760 is not listed on IDEAS
- Janine De Fence & Nick Hanley & Karen Turner, 2009.
"Do Productivity Improvements Move Us Along the Environmental Kuznets Curve?,"
0908, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
- Turner, Karen & Hanley, Nick & De Fence, Janine, 2009. "Do Productivity Improvements Move Us Along the Environmental Kuznets Curve?," SIRE Discussion Papers 2009-24, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- De, Fence Janine & Hanley, Nicholas & Turner, Karen, 2009. "Do productivity improvements move us along the environmental Kuznets C urve?," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2009-02, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Shahiduzzaman, Md & Layton, Allan, 2017. "Decomposition analysis for assessing the United States 2025 emissions target: How big is the challenge?," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 372-383.
- Zhou, Xiaoyan & Zhang, Jie & Li, Junpeng, 2013. "Industrial structural transformation and carbon dioxide emissions in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 43-51.
- Le Pen, Yannick & Sévi, Benoît, 2010. "What trends in energy efficiencies? Evidence from a robust test," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 702-708, May.
- Qi, Tianyu & Winchester, Niven & Karplus, Valerie J. & Zhang, Da & Zhang, Xiliang, 2016. "An analysis of China's climate policy using the China-in-Global Energy Model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 52(PB), pages 650-660.
- Dandres, Thomas & Gaudreault, Caroline & Tirado-Seco, Pablo & Samson, Réjean, 2012. "Macroanalysis of the economic and environmental impacts of a 2005–2025 European Union bioenergy policy using the GTAP model and life cycle assessment," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 1180-1192.
- Sorrell, Steve, 2009. "Jevons' Paradox revisited: The evidence for backfire from improved energy efficiency," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 1456-1469, April.
- Webster, Mort & Paltsev, Sergey & Reilly, John, 2008. "Autonomous efficiency improvement or income elasticity of energy demand: Does it matter?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 2785-2798, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:35:y:2007:i:11:p:5267-5286. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.