Evaluating the applicability of integrated domestic energy consumption frameworks in the UK
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lutzenhiser, Loren, 1992. "A cultural model of household energy consumption," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 47-60.
- Peter Strachan & David Lal, 2004. "Wind Energy Policy, Planning and Management Practice in the UK: Hot Air or a Gathering Storm?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(5), pages 549-569.
- Cogoy, Mario, 1995. "Market and non-market determinants of private consumption and their impacts on the environment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 169-180, June.
- Weber, Lukas, 1997. "Some reflections on barriers to the efficient use of energy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(10), pages 833-835, August.
- Helm, Dieter, 2002. "Energy policy: security of supply, sustainability and competition," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 173-184, February.
- Heberlein, Thomas A. & Warriner, G. Keith, 1983. "The influence of price and attitude on shifting residential electricity consumption from on- to off-peak periods," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 4(1-2), pages 107-130, October.
- Ajzen, Icek, 1991. "The theory of planned behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 179-211, December.
- Shorrock, LD & Dunster, JE, 1997. "The physically-based model BREHOMES and its use in deriving scenarios for the energy use and carbon dioxide emissions of the UK housing stock," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(12), pages 1027-1037, October.
- Poyer, David A. & Henderson, Lenneal & Teotia, Arvind P. S., 1997. "Residential energy consumption across different population groups: comparative analysis for Latino and non-Latino households in USA," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 445-463, October.
- Lutzenhiser, Loren & Shove, Elizabeth, 1999. "Contracting knowledge: the organizational limits to interdisciplinary energy efficiency research and development in the US and the UK," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 217-227, April.
- van Houwelingen, Jeannet H & van Raaij, W Fred, 1989. "The Effect of Goal-Setting and Daily Electronic Feedback on In-home Energy Use," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(1), pages 98-105, June.
- Blumstein, Carl & Goldstone, Seymour & Lutzenhiser, Loren, 2000. "A theory-based approach to market transformation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 137-144, February.
- Greening, Lorna A. & Ting, Michael & Krackler, Thomas J., 2001. "Effects of changes in residential end-uses and behavior on aggregate carbon intensity: comparison of 10 OECD countries for the period 1970 through 1993," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 153-178, March.
- Hinchliffe, S, 1995. "Missing culture: energy efficiency and lost causes," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 93-95, January.
- Van Raaij, W. Fred & Verhallen, Theo M. M., 1983. "A behavioral model of residential energy use," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 39-63.
- Varone, Frederic & Aebischer, Bernard, 2001. "Energy efficiency: the challenges of policy design," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 615-629, June.
- Katzev, Richard D. & Johnson, Theodore R., 1983. "A social-psychological analysis of residential electricity consumption: the impact of minimal justification techniques," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 3(3-4), pages 267-284, September.
- Kooreman, Peter, 1996. "Individual discounting, energy conservation, and household demand for lighting," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 103-114, March.
- Dholakia, Ruby Roy & Dholakia, Nikhilesh & Firat, A. Fuat, 1983. "From social psychology to political economy: A model of energy use behavior," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 3(3-4), pages 231-247, September.
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1986. "Rational Choice and the Framing of Decisions," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages 251-278, October.
- Milne, Geoffrey & Boardman, Brenda, 2000. "Making cold homes warmer: the effect of energy efficiency improvements in low-income homes A report to the Energy Action Grants Agency Charitable Trust," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 411-424, June.
- Ironmonger, D S & Aitken, C K & Erbas, B, 1995. "Economies of scale in energy use in adult-only households," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 301-310, October.
- Fernandez, Viviana P., 2001. "Observable and unobservable determinants of replacement of home appliances," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 305-323, May.
- Kempton, Willett & Layne, Linda L., 1994. "The consumer's energy analysis environment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 857-866, October.
- Helm, Dieter, 2002. "A critique of renewables policy in the UK," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 185-188, February.
- Winett, Richard A. & Ester, Peter, 1983. "Behavioral science and energy conservation: Conceptualizations, strategies, outcomes, energy policy applications," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 3(3-4), pages 203-229, September.
- Joshua M. Epstein & Robert L. Axtell, 1996. "Growing Artificial Societies: Social Science from the Bottom Up," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262550253, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jim Lewis & Kerrie Mengersen & Laurie Buys & Desley Vine & John Bell & Peter Morris & Gerard Ledwich, 2015. "Systems Modelling of the Socio-Technical Aspects of Residential Electricity Use and Network Peak Demand," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 10(7), pages 1-21, July.
- Cem Keskin & M. Pınar Mengüç, 2018. "On Occupant Behavior and Innovation Studies Towards High Performance Buildings: A Transdisciplinary Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(10), pages 1-33, October.
- Azar, Elie & Nikolopoulou, Christina & Papadopoulos, Sokratis, 2016. "Integrating and optimizing metrics of sustainable building performance using human-focused agent-based modeling," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 183(C), pages 926-937.
- Laurie Buys & Desley Vine & Gerard Ledwich & John Bell & Kerrie Mengersen & Peter Morris & Jim Lewis, 2015. "A Framework for Understanding and Generating Integrated Solutions for Residential Peak Energy Demand," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 10(3), pages 1-20, March.
- Chiu, Mei-Shiu, 2013. "Tensions in implementing the “energy-conservation/carbon-reduction” policy in Taiwanese culture," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 415-425.
- Lu Jiang & Xingpeng Chen & Bing Xue, 2019. "Features, Driving Forces and Transition of the Household Energy Consumption in China: A Review," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(4), pages 1-20, February.
- Zhang, Tao & Siebers, Peer-Olaf & Aickelin, Uwe, 2012. "A three-dimensional model of residential energy consumer archetypes for local energy policy design in the UK," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 102-110.
- Yu, Biying & Tian, Yaming & Zhang, Junyi, 2015. "A dynamic active energy demand management system for evaluating the effect of policy scheme on household energy consumption behavior," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 491-506.
- Morris, Peter & Vine, Desley & Buys, Laurie, 2015. "Application of a Bayesian Network complex system model to a successful community electricity demand reduction program," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 63-74.
- Heesen, Florian & Madlener, Reinhard, 2016. "Technology Acceptance as Part of the Energy Performance Gap in Energy-Efficient Retrofitted Dwellings," FCN Working Papers 25/2014, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- Kowsari, Reza & Zerriffi, Hisham, 2011. "Three dimensional energy profile:," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7505-7517.
- Zhao, Dong-Xue & He, Bao-Jie & Johnson, Christine & Mou, Ben, 2015. "Social problems of green buildings: From the humanistic needs to social acceptance," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 1594-1609.
- Stephenson, Janet & Barton, Barry & Carrington, Gerry & Gnoth, Daniel & Lawson, Rob & Thorsnes, Paul, 2010. "Energy cultures: A framework for understanding energy behaviours," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 6120-6129, October.
- Circella, Giovanni & Johnston, Robert & Holguin, Andrew & Lehmer, Eric & Wang, Yang & McCoy, Michael, 2013. "Updating the PECAS Modeling Framework to Include Energy Use Data for Buildings," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series qt8jr035gh, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:34:y:2006:i:17:p:3065-3077. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.