Features, Driving Forces and Transition of the Household Energy Consumption in China: A Review
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- D’Oca, Simona & Hong, Tianzhen & Langevin, Jared, 2018. "The human dimensions of energy use in buildings: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 81(P1), pages 731-742.
- Cellura, Maurizio & Longo, Sonia & Mistretta, Marina, 2012. "Application of the Structural Decomposition Analysis to assess the indirect energy consumption and air emission changes related to Italian households consumption," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 1135-1145.
- Pablo-Romero, María del P. & Pozo-Barajas, Rafael & Yñiguez, Rocío, 2017. "Global changes in residential energy consumption," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 342-352.
- Mukhopadhyay, Sayanti & Nateghi, Roshanak, 2017. "Climate sensitivity of end-use electricity consumption in the built environment: An application to the state of Florida, United States," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 688-700.
- Zheng, Xinye & Wei, Chu & Qin, Ping & Guo, Jin & Yu, Yihua & Song, Feng & Chen, Zhanming, 2014. "Characteristics of residential energy consumption in China: Findings from a household survey," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 126-135.
- Chaomei Chen, 2006. "CiteSpace II: Detecting and visualizing emerging trends and transient patterns in scientific literature," Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, Association for Information Science & Technology, vol. 57(3), pages 359-377, February.
- Sailor, David J. & Muñoz, J.Ricardo, 1997. "Sensitivity of electricity and natural gas consumption to climate in the U.S.A.—Methodology and results for eight states," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 987-998.
- Song, Nianfu & Aguilar, Francisco X. & Shifley, Stephen R. & Goerndt, Michael E., 2012. "Factors affecting wood energy consumption by U.S. households," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 389-397.
- Liu, Gang & Lucas, Mario & Shen, Lei, 2008. "Rural household energy consumption and its impacts on eco-environment in Tibet: Taking Taktse county as an example," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(7), pages 1890-1908, September.
- Jones, Donald W., 1991. "How urbanization affects energy-use in developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(7), pages 621-630, September.
- Jian-Xin Wu & Ling-Yun He, 2018.
"Urban–rural gap and poverty traps in China: A prefecture level analysis,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(30), pages 3300-3314, June.
- Jian-Xin Wu & Ling-Yun He, 2016. "Urban-rural gap and poverty traps in China: A prefecture level analysis," Papers 1610.05171, arXiv.org.
- Yao, Chunsheng & Chen, Chongying & Li, Ming, 2012. "Analysis of rural residential energy consumption and corresponding carbon emissions in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 445-450.
- Bingtuan Gao & Xiaofeng Liu & Zhenyu Zhu, 2018. "A Bottom-Up Model for Household Load Profile Based on the Consumption Behavior of Residents," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(8), pages 1-1, August.
- Zhao, Xiaoli & Li, Na & Ma, Chunbo, 2012. "Residential energy consumption in urban China: A decomposition analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 644-653.
- Keirstead, James, 2006. "Evaluating the applicability of integrated domestic energy consumption frameworks in the UK," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3065-3077, November.
- Zhang, Rui & Wei, Taoyuan & Glomsrød, Solveig & Shi, Qinghua, 2014. "Bioenergy consumption in rural China: Evidence from a survey in three provinces," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 136-145.
- Blázquez, Leticia & Boogen, Nina & Filippini, Massimo, 2013. "Residential electricity demand in Spain: New empirical evidence using aggregate data," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 648-657.
- Hojjati, Behjat & Wade, Steven H., 2012. "U.S. household energy consumption and intensity trends: A decomposition approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 304-314.
- Ding, Haoyuan & Qin, Cong & Shi, Kang, 2018. "Development through electrification: Evidence from rural China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 313-328.
- Mohr, Tanga McDaniel, 2018. "Fuel poverty in the US: Evidence using the 2009 Residential Energy Consumption Survey," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 360-369.
- Chunhong Sheng & Yun Cao & Bing Xue, 2018. "Residential Energy Sustainability in China and Germany: The Impact of National Energy Policy System," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(12), pages 1-1, December.
- H. Estiri, 2016. "Household Energy Consumption and Housing Choice in the U.S. Residential Sector," Housing Policy Debate, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(1), pages 231-250, January.
- Swan, Lukas G. & Ugursal, V. Ismet, 2009. "Modeling of end-use energy consumption in the residential sector: A review of modeling techniques," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(8), pages 1819-1835, October.
- Niu, Hewen & He, Yuanqing & Desideri, Umberto & Zhang, Peidong & Qin, Hongyi & Wang, Shijin, 2014. "Rural household energy consumption and its implications for eco-environments in NW China: A case study," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 137-145.
- Du, Gang & Lin, Wei & Sun, Chuanwang & Zhang, Dingzhong, 2015. "Residential electricity consumption after the reform of tiered pricing for household electricity in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 276-283.
- Francisco García-Lillo & Mercedes Úbeda-García & Bartolomé Marco-Lajara, 2016. "Organizational ambidexterity: exploring the knowledge base," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 107(3), pages 1021-1040, June.
- Bhattacharyya, Subhes C. & Ohiare, Sanusi, 2012. "The Chinese electricity access model for rural electrification: Approach, experience and lessons for others," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 676-687.
- Feng, Tingting & Cheng, Shengkui & Min, Qingwen & Li, Wei, 2009. "Productive use of bioenergy for rural household in ecological fragile area, Panam County, Tibet in China: The case of the residential biogas model," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(8), pages 2070-2078, October.
- Li, Guozhu & Niu, Shuwen & Ma, Libang & Zhang, Xin, 2009. "Assessment of environmental and economic costs of rural household energy consumption in Loess Hilly Region, Gansu Province, China," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1438-1444.
- Zhang, Lixiao & Yang, Zhifeng & Chen, Bin & Chen, Guoqian, 2009. "Rural energy in China: Pattern and policy," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2813-2823.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yanqiu Cui & Ninghan Sun & Hongbin Cai & Simeng Li, 2020. "Indoor Temperature Improvement and Energy-Saving Renovations in Rural Houses of China’s Cold Region—A Case Study of Shandong Province," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(4), pages 1-1, February.
- Jingbo Fan & Aobo Ran & Xiaomeng Li, 2019. "A Study on the Factors Affecting China’s Direct Household Carbon Emission and Comparison of Regional Differences," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(18), pages 1-1, September.
- Jiang, Lu & Xue, Bing & Xing, Ran & Chen, Xingpeng & Song, Lan & Wang, Yutao & Coffman, D’Maris & Mi, Zhifu, 2020. "Rural household energy consumption of farmers and herders in the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 192(C).
More about this item
Keywordsenergy transition; household energy consumption; spatial pattern; China;
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q3 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:11:y:2019:i:4:p:1186-:d:208583. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.