Observable and unobservable determinants of replacement of home appliances
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dubin, Jeffrey A & McFadden, Daniel L, 1984. "An Econometric Analysis of Residential Electric Appliance Holdings and Consumption," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 345-362, March.
- Kiefer, Nicholas M, 1988. "Economic Duration Data and Hazard Functions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(2), pages 646-679, June.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Cragg, John G, 1971. "Some Statistical Models for Limited Dependent Variables with Application to the Demand for Durable Goods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(5), pages 829-844, September.
- Cripps, John D & Meyer, Robert J, 1994. " Heuristics and Biases in Timing the Replacement of Durable Products," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(2), pages 304-318, September.
- Ye, Meng-Hua, 1990. "Optimal replacement policy with stochastic maintenance and operation costs," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 84-94, January.
- Viviana P. Fernandez, 2000.
"Decisions To Replace Consumer Durables Goods: An Econometric Application Of Wiener And Renewal Processes,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 82(3), pages 452-461, August.
- Viviana Fernandez, 2000. "Decisions to Replace Consumer Durables Goods: An Econometric Application of Wiener and Renewal Processes," Documentos de Trabajo 87, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Berkovec, James & Rust, John, 1985. "A nested logit model of automobile holdings for one vehicle households," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 275-285, August.
- Lancaster, Tony, 1979. "Econometric Methods for the Duration of Unemployment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(4), pages 939-956, July.
- Marell, Agneta & Davidsson, Per & Garling, Tommy, 1995. "Environmentally friendly replacement of automobiles," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 513-529, September.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Singleton, Kenneth J, 1982. "Generalized Instrumental Variables Estimation of Nonlinear Rational Expectations Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(5), pages 1269-1286, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicholas Rivers and Leslie Shiell, 2016.
"Free-Riding on Energy Efficiency Subsidies: the Case of Natural Gas Furnaces in Canada,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4).
- Nicholas Rivers & Leslie Shiell, 2014. "Free-Riding on Energy Efficiency Subsidies: the Case of Natural Gas Furnaces in Canada," Working Papers E1404E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Giovanni Marin & Alessandro Palma, 2015.
"Technology invention and diffusion in residential energy consumption. A stochastic frontier approach,"
IEFE Working Papers
81, IEFE, Center for Research on Energy and Environmental Economics and Policy, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Giovanni Marin & Alessandro Palma, 2015. "Technology invention and diffusion in residential energy consumption. A stochastic frontier approach," SEEDS Working Papers 1415, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised Sep 2015.
- Giovanni Marin & Alessandro Palma, 2015. "Technology Invention and Diffusion in Residential Energy Consumption. A Stochastic Frontier Approach," Working Papers 2015.104, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Prince, Jeffrey T., 2009. "How do households choose quality and time to replacement for a rapidly improving durable good?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 302-311, March.
- Michelsen, Carl Christian & Madlener, Reinhard, 2016.
"Switching from fossil fuel to renewables in residential heating systems: An empirical study of homeowners' decisions in Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 95-105.
- Michelsen , Carl Christian & Madlener, Reinhard, 2013. "Switching from Fossil Fuel to Renewables in Residential Heating Systems: An Empirical Study of Homeowners’ Decisions in Germany," FCN Working Papers 14/2013, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- Eric Brouillat, 2011.
"Durability of consumption goods and market competition: an agent-based modelling,"
- Eric BROUILLAT (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113), 2011. "Durability of consumption goods and market competition: an agent-based modelling," Cahiers du GREThA 2011-31, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Young, Denise, 2008. "When do energy-efficient appliances generate energy savings? Some evidence from Canada," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 34-46, January.
- Michelsen, Carl Christian & Madlener, Reinhard, 2011. "Homeowners' Preferences for Adopting Residential Heating Systems: A Discrete Choice Analysis for Germany," FCN Working Papers 9/2011, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- Tso, Geoffrey K.F & Yau, Kelvin K.W, 2003. "A study of domestic energy usage patterns in Hong Kong," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(15), pages 1671-1682.
- Michelsen, Carl Christian & Madlener, Reinhard, 2012. "Homeowners' preferences for adopting innovative residential heating systems: A discrete choice analysis for Germany," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1271-1283.
- Eric Brouillat, 2015. "Live fast, die young? Investigating product life spans and obsolescence in an agent-based model," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 447-473, April.
- Roelich, Katy & Knoeri, Christof & Steinberger, Julia K. & Varga, Liz & Blythe, Phil T. & Butler, David & Gupta, Rajat & Harrison, Gareth P. & Martin, Chris & Purnell, Phil, 2015. "Towards resource-efficient and service-oriented integrated infrastructure operation," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 40-52.
- Leahy, Eimear & Lyons, Sean, 2010. "Energy use and appliance ownership in Ireland," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 4265-4279, August.
- Nyrud, Anders Q. & Roos, Anders & Sande, Jon Bingen, 2008. "Residential bioenergy heating: A study of consumer perceptions of improved woodstoves," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 3159-3166, August.
- Kowsari, Reza & Zerriffi, Hisham, 2011. "Three dimensional energy profile:," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7505-7517.
- Keirstead, James, 2006. "Evaluating the applicability of integrated domestic energy consumption frameworks in the UK," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3065-3077, November.
- Goto, Hisanori & Goto, Mika & Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki, 2011. "Consumer choice on ecologically efficient water heaters: Marketing strategy and policy implications in Japan," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 195-208, March.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:85-98 is not listed on IDEAS
- Karytsas, Spyridon & Theodoropoulou, Helen, 2014. "Public awareness and willingness to adopt ground source heat pumps for domestic heating and cooling," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 49-57.
- Riikonen, Antti & Smura, Timo & Töyli, Juuso, 2016. "The effects of price, popularity, and technological sophistication on mobile handset replacement and unit lifetime," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 313-323.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:23:y:2001:i:3:p:305-323. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .