Regulatory reform in the Spanish electricity industry: a missed opportunity for competition
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michaels, Robert J., 1994. "Unused and useless: The strange economics of stranded investment," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 7(8), pages 12-22, October.
- Green, Richard J & Newbery, David M, 1992.
"Competition in the British Electricity Spot Market,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(5), pages 929-953, October.
- Green, Richard & Newbery, David M G, 1991. "Competition in the British Electricity Spot Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 557, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Newbery, David M & Pollitt, Michael G, 1997. "The Restructuring and Privatization of Britain's CEGB--Was It Worth It?," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(3), pages 269-303, September.
- Green, Richard J, 1996. "Increasing Competition in the British Electricity Spot Market," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 205-216, June.
- John Vickers, 1995. "Competition and Regulation in Vertically Related Markets," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 62(1), pages 1-17.
- Cearley, Reed & McKinzie, Lance, 1995. "The economics of stranded investment--a two-way street," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 8(9), pages 16-23, November.
- Kahn, Edward, 1996. "The electricity industry in Spain," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 46-55, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Labandeira, Xavier & Labeaga, Jose M., 2002. "Estimation and control of Spanish energy-related CO2 emissions: an input-output approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 597-611, June.
- Pablo Arocena, 2004. "Privatisation Policy in Spain: Stuck Between Liberalisation and the Protection of Nationals’ Interests," CESifo Working Paper Series 1187, CESifo Group Munich.
- Fabra, Natalia & Toro, Juan, 2005.
"Price wars and collusion in the Spanish electricity market,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 23(3-4), pages 155-181, April.
- Natalia Fabra & Juan Toro, 2001. "Price Wars and Collusion in the Spanish Electricity Market," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2001/05, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Juan Toro & Natalia Fabra, 2002. "Price Wars and Collusion in the Spanish Electricity Market," Economics Series Working Papers 136, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Natalia Fabra & Juan Toro, 2002. "Price Wars and Collusion in the Spanish Electricity Market," Industrial Organization 0212001, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 26 Jan 2004.
- Kühn, Kai-Uwe & Machado, Matilde Pinto, 2004.
"Bilateral Market Power and Vertical Integration in the Spanish Electricity Spot Market,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4590, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kai-Uwe Kühn & Matilde Machado, 2004. "Bilateral Market Power and Vertical Integration in the Spanish Electricity Spot Market," Working Papers wp2004_0414, CEMFI.
- Sarangi, Gopal K. & Mishra, Arabinda & Chang, Youngho & Taghizadeh-Hesary, Farhad, 2019. "Indian electricity sector, energy security and sustainability: An empirical assessment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 135(C).
- Arocena, Pablo & Waddams Price, Catherine, 2002. "Generating efficiency: economic and environmental regulation of public and private electricity generators in Spain," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 41-69, January.
- Garrués-Irurzun, Josean, 2010. "Market power versus regulatory power in the Spanish electricity system, 1973-1996," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 655-666, February.
- Arocena, Pablo, 2001. "The Reform of the Utilities Sector in Spain," WIDER Working Paper Series 013, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Leticia Blázquez Gómez & Emili Grifell-Tatjé, 2008. "Multi-Output compensation system in electricity distribution: the case of Spain," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 185(2), pages 115-148, July.
- Kühn, Kai-Uwe, 2006. "How Market Fragmentation Can Facilitate Collusion," CEPR Discussion Papers 5948, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Furió, Dolores & Lucia, Julio J., 2009. "Congestion management rules and trading strategies in the Spanish electricity market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 48-60, January.
- Pablo Arocena, 2005. "The measurement of scope, scale and diversification economies: How (in)efficient is electricity restructuring and unbundling?," Working Papers 2005/1, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Mô Dolores Furió Ortega & Julio Lucia López, "undated". "Congestion management rules and trading strategies," Studies on the Spanish Economy 222, FEDEA.
- Wu, Geng & Inderbitzin, Alessandro & Bening, Catharina, 2015. "Total cost of ownership of electric vehicles compared to conventional vehicles: A probabilistic analysis and projection across market segments," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 196-214.
- Arocena, Pablo & Contin, Ignacio & Huerta, Emilio, 2002. "Price regulation in the Spanish energy sectors: who benefits?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 885-895, August.
- Asquer, Alberto, 2011. "Liberalization and regulatory reform of network industries: A comparative analysis of Italian public utilities," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 172-184.
- Green, Richard, 2006. "Electricity liberalisation in Europe--how competitive will it be?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(16), pages 2532-2541, November.
- Arocena, Pablo, 2008. "Cost and quality gains from diversification and vertical integration in the electricity industry: A DEA approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 39-58, January.
- Loredo, Enrique & Suarez, Eugenia, 2000. "The governance of transactions: Joskow's coal-burning generating plants example revisited," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 107-114, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:27:y:1999:i:7:p:387-399. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.