Transmission-constrained oligopoly in the Japanese electricity market
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Berry, Carolyn A. & Hobbs, Benjamin F. & Meroney, William A. & O'Neill, Richard P. & StewartJr, William R., 1999. "Understanding how market power can arise in network competition: a game theoretic approach," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 139-158, September.
- TANAKA Makoto, 2006. "A Simulation Analysis of Transmission - Constrained Oligopoly in the Wholesale Electricity Market (Japanese)," Discussion Papers (Japanese) 06010, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Cardell, Judith B. & Hitt, Carrie Cullen & Hogan, William W., 1997. "Market power and strategic interaction in electricity networks," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 109-137, March.
- Yao, Jian & Oren, Shmuel S. & Adler, Ilan, 2007. "Two-settlement electricity markets with price caps and Cournot generation firms," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 181(3), pages 1279-1296, September.
- Green, Richard, 1999. "The Electricity Contract Market in England and Wales," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 107-124, March.
- Makoto Tanaka, 2007. "Extended Price Cap Mechanism for Efficient Transmission Expansion under Nodal Pricing," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 257-275, September.
- Severin Borenstein & James. Bushnell & Steven Stoft, 2000.
"The Competitive Effects of Transmission Capacity in A Deregulated Electricity Industry,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 31(2), pages 294-325, Summer.
- Severin Borenstein & James Bushnell & Steven Stoft, 1997. "The Competitive Effects of Transmission Capacity in a Deregulated Electricity Industry," NBER Working Papers 6293, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Berenstein, Severin & Bushnell, James & Stoft, Steven, 2000. "The Competitive Effects of Transmission Capacity in a Deregulated Electricity Industry," Staff General Research Papers Archive 13145, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Green, Richard J, 1996. "Increasing Competition in the British Electricity Spot Market," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 205-216, June.
- W. Kip Viscusi & Joseph E. Harrington & John M. Vernon, 2005. "Economics of Regulation and Antitrust, 4th Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 4, volume 1, number 026222075x, January.
- Shu-ichi Akiyama & Nobuhiro Hosoe, 2006. "A Spatial Equilibrium Analysis of Transmission Charge Reform in Japan's Electric Power Industry," Discussion papers 06022, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kamiński, Jacek, 2012. "The development of market power in the Polish power generation sector: A 10-year perspective," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 136-147.
- TANAKA Makoto, 2007. "Oligopolistic Competition in the Japanese Wholesale Electricity Market: A Linear Complementarity Approach," Discussion papers 07023, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Zerrahn, Alexander & Huppmann, Daniel, 2014.
"Network Expansion to Mitigate Market Power: How Increased Integration Fosters Welfare,"
Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy
100459, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Alexander Zerrahn & Daniel Huppmann, 2014. "Network Expansion to Mitigate Market Power: How Increased Integration Fosters Welfare," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1380, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Nakajima, Tadahiro, 2013. "Inefficient and opaque price formation in the Japan Electric Power Exchange," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 329-334.
- Weigt, H. & Willems, Bert, 2011. "The Effect of Divestitures in the German Electricity Market," Discussion Paper 2011-034, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- de Nooij, Michiel, 2011. "Social cost-benefit analysis of electricity interconnector investment: A critical appraisal," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3096-3105, June.
- Kamiński, Jacek, 2014. "A blocked takeover in the Polish power sector: A model-based analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 42-52.
- Hosoe, Nobuhiro & Tanaka, Makoto, 2012. "Divestiture of TEPCO for reparation for the Fukushima nuclear accident–A path to vertical unbundling," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 207-212.
- Nobuhiro Hosoe & Makoto Tanaka, 2012. "How Much is TEPCO Worth?–Estimating the Fundamental Value of its Thermal Plants," GRIPS Discussion Papers 12-02, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Spiridonova, Olga, 2016. "Transmission capacities and competition in Western European electricity market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 260-273.
- Ciarreta, Aitor & Nasirov, Shahriyar & Silva, Carlos, 2016. "The development of market power in the Spanish power generation sector: Perspectives after market liberalization," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 700-710.
- Kamiński, Jacek, 2011. "Market power in a coal-based power generation sector: The case of Poland," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 6634-6644.
- repec:kap:netspa:v:17:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11067-017-9338-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michiel de Nooij, 2010. "Social Cost Benefit Analysis of Interconnector Investment: A Critical Appraisal," Bremen Energy Working Papers 0002, Bremen Energy Research.
More about this item
KeywordsElectricity Transmission Cournot Complementarity Divestiture;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:31:y:2009:i:5:p:690-701. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.