The development of market power in the Spanish power generation sector: Perspectives after market liberalization
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Helman, Udi, 2006. "Market power monitoring and mitigation in the US wholesale power markets," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 877-904.
- Ciarreta, Aitor & Espinosa, Maria Paz & Pizarro-Irizar, Cristina, 2014. "Is green energy expensive? Empirical evidence from the Spanish electricity market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 205-215.
- Aitor Ciarreta & Maria Paz Espinosa, 2010. "Supply Function Competition in the Spanish Wholesale Electricity Market," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 137-158.
- Paul L. Joskow, 2008. "Lessons Learned from Electricity Market Liberalization," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Special I), pages 9-42.
- Ausubel, Lawrence M. & Cramton, Peter, 2010. "Virtual power plant auctions," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 201-208, December.
- Newbery, D., 2002.
"Issues and Options for Restructuring Electricity Supply Industries,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
0210, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- David Newbery, 2002. "Issues and options for restructuring electricity supply industries," Working Papers EP01, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Paul Twomey & Richard Green & Karsten Neuhoff & David Newbery, 2005.
"A Review of the Monitoring of Market Power: The Possible Roles of TSOs in Monitoring for Market Power Issues in Congested Transmission Systems,"
0502, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Twomey, P. & Green, R. & Neuhoff, K. & Newbery, D., 2005. "A Review of the Monitoring of Market Power The Possible Roles of TSOs in Monitoring for Market Power Issues in Congested Transmission Systems," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0504, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Severin Borenstein & James Bushnell & Christopher R. Knittel, 1999.
"Market Power in Electricity Markets: Beyond Concentration Measures,"
The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 65-88.
- Borenstein, Severin & Bushnell, James & Knittel, Chris, 1999. "Market Power in Electricity Markets: Beyond Concentration Measures," Staff General Research Papers Archive 31548, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Frank Wolak, 2000. "An Empirical Analysis of the Impact of Hedge Contracts on Bidding Behavior in a Competitive Electricity Market," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 1-39.
- David M. Newbery, 1995. "A Template for Power Reform," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11652, The World Bank.
- Green, Richard J & Newbery, David M, 1992.
"Competition in the British Electricity Spot Market,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(5), pages 929-953, October.
- Green, Richard & Newbery, David M G, 1991. "Competition in the British Electricity Spot Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 557, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Borenstein, Severin & Bushnell, James & Kahn, Edward & Stoft, Steven, 1995. "Market power in California electricity markets," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 5(3-4), pages 219-236.
- Sáenz de Miera, Gonzalo & del Rio González, Pablo & Vizcaino, Ignacio, 2008. "Analysing the impact of renewable electricity support schemes on power prices: The case of wind electricity in Spain," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 3345-3359, September.
- Jun, Eunju & Kim, Wonjoon & Chang, Soon Heung, 2009. "The analysis of security cost for different energy sources," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(10), pages 1894-1901, October.
- Sandsmark, Maria & Tennbakk, Berit, 2010. "Ex post monitoring of market power in hydro dominated electricity markets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 1500-1509, March.
- Tanaka, Makoto, 2009. "Transmission-constrained oligopoly in the Japanese electricity market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 690-701, September.
- Severin Borenstein & James Bushnell, 1999.
"An Empirical Analysis of the Potential for Market Power in California’s Electricity Industry,"
Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(3), pages 285-323, September.
- Severin Borenstein & James Bushnell, 1998. "An Empirical Analysis of the Potential for Market Power in California's Electricity Industry," NBER Working Papers 6463, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chang, Youngho, 2007. "The New Electricity Market of Singapore: Regulatory framework, market power and competition," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 403-412, January.
- Severin Borenstein & James B. Bushnell & Frank A. Wolak, 2002. "Measuring Market Inefficiencies in California's Restructured Wholesale Electricity Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1376-1405, December.
- Catherine D. Wolfram, 1999. "Measuring Duopoly Power in the British Electricity Spot Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(4), pages 805-826, September.
- Shukla, Umesh Kumar & Thampy, Ashok, 2011. "Analysis of competition and market power in the wholesale electricity market in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 2699-2710, May.
- Lagarto, João & Sousa, Jorge A.M. & Martins, Álvaro & Ferrão, Paulo, 2014. "Market power analysis in the Iberian electricity market using a conjectural variations model," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 292-305.
- Ross Baldick & Ryan Grant & Edward Kahn, 2004. "Theory and Application of Linear Supply Function Equilibrium in Electricity Markets," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 143-167, March.
- Asgari, Mohammad Hossein & Monsef, Hassan, 2010. "Market power analysis for the Iranian electricity market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 5582-5599, October.
- Blaise Allaz & Jean-Luc Vila, 1993. "Cournot Competition, Forward Markets and Efficiency," Post-Print hal-00511806, HAL.
- Yang, Chin W. & Hwang, Ming J. & Sohng, Soong N., 2002. "The Cournot competition in the spatial equilibrium model," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 139-154, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Szőke, Tamás & Hortay, Olivér & Balogh, Eszter, 2019. "Asymmetric price transmission in the Hungarian retail electricity market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 133(C).
- Manuel Uche-Soria & Carlos Rodríguez-Monroy, 2018. "Special Regulation of Isolated Power Systems: The Canary Islands, Spain," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(7), pages 1-20, July.
- Wang, Qiang & Jiang, Xue-ting & Li, Rongrong, 2017. "Comparative decoupling analysis of energy-related carbon emission from electric output of electricity sector in Shandong Province, China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 78-88.
- Aleksandr Kokovikhin & Ekaterina Ogorodnikova & Dina Williams & Andrey Plakhin, 2018. "Assessment of the Competitive Environment in the Regional Markets," Economy of region, Centre for Economic Security, Institute of Economics of Ural Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, vol. 1(1), pages 79-94.
- Li, Francis G.N. & Trutnevyte, Evelina, 2017. "Investment appraisal of cost-optimal and near-optimal pathways for the UK electricity sector transition to 2050," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 189(C), pages 89-109.
- Ribó-Pérez, David & Van der Weijde, Adriaan H. & Álvarez-Bel, Carlos, 2019. "Effects of self-generation in imperfectly competitive electricity markets: The case of Spain," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 133(C).
- Athanasios Dagoumas & Nikolaos Koltsaklis, 2020. "Zonal Pricing in Kazakhstan Power System with a Unit Commitment Model," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 10(3), pages 24-36.
- Amoiralis, Eleftherios I. & Andriosopoulos, Kostas, 2017. "Challenges for a compliance officer in the liberalized EU energy market: A case study on the Greek gas transmission system operator," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 117-125.
More about this item
KeywordsCompetition; Market power; Spanish electricity market;
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:96:y:2016:i:c:p:700-710. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.