Modelling a social dilemma of mode choice based on commuters' expectations and social learning
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bernardo A. Huberman & Natalie S. Glance, 1994. "Beliefs and Cooperation," Game Theory and Information 9405001, EconWPA, revised 10 May 1994.
- Kitamura, R. & Nakayama, S. & Yamamoto, T., 1999. "Self-reinforcing motorization: can travel demand management take us out of the social trap?," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 135-145, July.
- Henrich, Joseph, 2004. "Cultural group selection, coevolutionary processes and large-scale cooperation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 3-35, January.
- Gärling, Tommy & Eek, Daniel & Loukopoulos, Peter & Fujii, Satoshi & Johansson-Stenman, Olof & Kitamura, Ryuichi & Pendyala, Ram & Vilhelmson, Bertil, 2002. "A conceptual analysis of the impact of travel demand management on private car use," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 59-70, January.
- Selten, R. & Chmura, T. & Pitz, T. & Kube, S. & Schreckenberg, M., 2007. "Commuters route choice behaviour," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 394-406, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tian, Li-Jun & Huang, Hai-Jun, 2015. "Modeling the modal split and trip scheduling with commuters’ uncertainty expectation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 244(3), pages 815-822.
- Ronald, Nicole & Arentze, Theo & Timmermans, Harry, 2012. "Modeling social interactions between individuals for joint activity scheduling," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 276-290.
- Kočišová, J. & Horváth, D. & Brutovský, B., 2009. "The efficiency of individual optimization in the conditions of competitive growth," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(17), pages 3585-3592.
- Wei, Fangfang & Jia, Ning & Ma, Shoufeng, 2016. "Day-to-day traffic dynamics considering social interaction: From individual route choice behavior to a network flow model," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 335-354.
- Busby, J.S. & Onggo, B.S.S. & Liu, Y., 2016. "Agent-based computational modelling of social risk responses," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 251(3), pages 1029-1042.
More about this item
KeywordsTravel behaviour Mode choice Social dilemma Beliefs and expectations Agent-based approach;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:193:y:2009:i:3:p:904-914. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .