Optimal pricing, EOL (end of life) warranty, and spare parts manufacturing strategy amid product transition
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jehoshua Eliashberg & Richard Steinberg, 1987. "Marketing-Production Decisions in an Industrial Channel of Distribution," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(8), pages 981-1000, August.
- Theodore S. Glickman & Paul D. Berger, 1976. "Optimal Price and Protection Period Decisions for a Product Under Warranty," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(12), pages 1381-1390, August.
- Teunter, Ruud H. & Fortuin, Leonard, 1999. "End-of-life service," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1-3), pages 487-497, March.
- Hau L. Lee & Meir J. Rosenblatt, 1986. "A Generalized Quantity Discount Pricing Model to Increase Supplier's Profits," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(9), pages 1177-1185, September.
- Michael Spence, 1977. "Consumer Misperceptions, Product Failure and Producer Liability," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 44(3), pages 561-572.
- Teunter, Ruud H. & Fortuin, Leonard, 1998. "End-of-life service: A case study," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 107(1), pages 19-34, May.
- Esther Gal-Or, 1989. "Warranties as a Signal of Quality," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 22(1), pages 50-61, February.
- Wiener, Joshua Lyle, 1985. " Are Warranties Accurate Signals of Product Reliability?," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(2), pages 245-250, September.
- Rossana, Robert J., 1985. "Delivery lags and buffer stocks in the theory of investment by the firm," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 153-193, October.
- Gerald L. Thompson, 1968. "Optimal Maintenance Policy and Sale Date of a Machine," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(9), pages 543-550, May.
- DeCroix, Gregory A., 1999. "Optimal warranties, reliabilities and prices for durable goods in an oligopoly," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 112(3), pages 554-569, February.
- Jehoshua Eliashberg & Richard Steinberg, 1991. "Competitive Strategies for Two Firms with Asymmetric Production Cost Structures," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(11), pages 1452-1473, November.
- Subramanian Balachander, 2001. "Warranty Signalling and Reputation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(9), pages 1282-1289, September.
- Shimp, Terence A & Bearden, William O, 1982. " Warranty and Other Extrinsic Cue Effects on Consumers' Risk Perceptions," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(1), pages 38-46, June.
- Boulding, William & Kirmani, Amna, 1993. " A Consumer-Side Experimental Examination of Signaling Theory: Do Consumers Perceive Warranties as Signals of Quality?," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(1), pages 111-123, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bowon Kim & Fouad El Ouardighi & Sangsun Park, 2012. "Optimal dynamics of technology and price in a duopoly market," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(11), pages 1017-1022, July.
- Erzurumlu, S. Sinan, 2013. "The compatibility of durable goods with contingent generic consumables," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 574-585.
- Rezapour, Shabnam & Allen, Janet K. & Mistree, Farrokh, 2016. "Reliable flow in forward and after-sales supply chains considering propagated uncertainty," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 409-436.
- repec:spr:ijsaem:v:8:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s13198-017-0674-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:annopr:v:251:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-015-1895-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kim, T.Y. & Dekker, R. & Heij, C., 2016. "Spare part demand forecasting for consumer goods using installed base information," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI2016-11, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Wu, Shaomin & Akbarov, Artur, 2011. "Support vector regression for warranty claim forecasting," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 213(1), pages 196-204, August.
- Zhu, Qinghua & Li, Helong & Zhao, Senlin & Lun, Venus, 2016. "Redesign of service modes for remanufactured products and its financial benefits," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 171(P2), pages 231-240.
- Rainer Kleber & Tobias Schulz & Guido Voigt, 2009. "Dynamic buy-back for product recovery in end-of-life spare parts procurement," FEMM Working Papers 09026, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Faculty of Economics and Management.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:188:y:2008:i:3:p:723-745. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.