The compatibility of durable goods with contingent generic consumables
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sang-Hyun Kim & Morris A. Cohen & Serguei Netessine, 2007. "Performance Contracting in After-Sales Service Supply Chains," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(12), pages 1843-1858, December.
- Preyas S. Desai & Devavrat Purohit, 1999. "Competition in Durable Goods Markets: The Strategic Consequences of Leasing and Selling," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(1), pages 42-58.
- Sreekumar R. Bhaskaran & Stephen M. Gilbert, 2005. "Selling and Leasing Strategies for Durable Goods with Complementary Products," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(8), pages 1278-1290, August.
- Jeffrey Church & Neil Gandal, 2000.
"Systems Competition, Vertical Merger, and Foreclosure,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(1), pages 25-51, March.
- Church, J. & Gandal, N., 1996. "Systems Competition, Vertical Merger and Foreclosure," Papers 6-96, Tel Aviv - the Sackler Institute of Economic Studies.
- Carmen Matutes & Pierre Regibeau, 1988. ""Mix and Match": Product Compatibility without Network Externalities," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(2), pages 221-234, Summer.
- Atalay Atasu & Miklos Sarvary & Luk N. Van Wassenhove, 2008. "Remanufacturing as a Marketing Strategy," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(10), pages 1731-1746, October.
- Economides, Nicholas, 1989. "Desirability of Compatibility in the Absence of Network Externalities," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 1165-1181, December.
- Geraldo Ferrer & Jayashankar M. Swaminathan, 2006. "Managing New and Remanufactured Products," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(1), pages 15-26, January.
- Vadde, Srikanth & Zeid, Abe & Kamarthi, Sagar V., 2011. "Pricing decisions in a multi-criteria setting for product recovery facilities," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 186-193, April.
- Laurens G. Debo & L. Beril Toktay & Luk N. Van Wassenhove, 2005. "Market Segmentation and Product Technology Selection for Remanufacturable Products," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(8), pages 1193-1205, August.
- Morris A. Cohen & Seungjin Whang, 1997. "Competing in Product and Service: A Product Life-Cycle Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(4), pages 535-545, April.
- Kim, Bowon & Park, Sangsun, 2008. "Optimal pricing, EOL (end of life) warranty, and spare parts manufacturing strategy amid product transition," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 188(3), pages 723-745, August.
- Stephen M. Gilbert & Sreelata Jonnalagedda, 2011. "Durable Products, Time Inconsistency, and Lock-in," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(9), pages 1655-1670, September.
- S. Huang & Y. Yang & K. Anderson, 2001. "A Theory of Finitely Durable Goods Monopoly with Used-Goods Market and Transaction Costs," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(11), pages 1515-1532, November.
- Saibal Ray & Tamer Boyaci & Necati Aras, 2005. "Optimal Prices and Trade-in Rebates for Durable, Remanufacturable Products," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 7(3), pages 208-228, January.
- Michael L. Katz & Carl Shapiro, 1994. "Systems Competition and Network Effects," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 93-115, Spring.
- Prahinski, Carol & Kocabasoglu, Canan, 2006. "Empirical research opportunities in reverse supply chains," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 519-532, December.
- V. Daniel R. Guide, Jr. & Ruud H. Teunter & Luk N. Van Wassenhove, 2003. "Matching Demand and Supply to Maximize Profits from Remanufacturing," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 5(4), pages 303-316, October.
- Preyas Desai & Devavrat Purohit, 1998. "Leasing and Selling: Optimal Marketing Strategies for a Durable Goods Firm," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(11-Part-2), pages 19-34, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Menezes, Mozart B.C. & Ruiz-Hernández, Diego & Guimaraes, Renato, 2016. "The component commonality problem in a real multidimensional space: An algorithmic approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 249(1), pages 105-116.
More about this item
KeywordsDurable goods; Contingent consumables; Compatibility; Strategic consumers; Remanufacturing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:41:y:2013:i:3:p:574-585. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description .