Monetary policy committees and interest rate setting
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lombardelli, Clare & James Proudman & James Talbot, 2003.
"Committees versus individuals: an experimental analysis of monetary policy decision-making,"
Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003
142, Royal Economic Society.
- Clare Lombardelli & James Proudman & James Talbot, 2005. "Committees Versus Individuals: An Experimental Analysis of Monetary Policy Decision-Making," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 1(1), May.
- Clare Lombardelli & James Proudman & James Talbot, 2002. "Committees versus individuals: an experimental analysis of monetary policy decision-making," Bank of England working papers 165, Bank of England.
- Lombardelli, Clare & Proudman, James & Talbot, James, 2005. "Committees Versus Individuals: An Experimental Analysis of Monetary Policy Decision Making," MPRA Paper 823, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hahn, Volker & Gersbach, Hans, 2001.
"Should the Individual Voting Records of Central Bankers be Published?,"
Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies
2001,02, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Hans Gersbach & Volker Hahn, 2008. "Should the individual voting records of central bankers be published?," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 30(4), pages 655-683, May.
- Aksoy, Yunus & De Grauwe, Paul & Dewachter, Hans, 2002. "Do asymmetries matter for European monetary policy?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 443-469, March.
- Anne Sibert, 2003. "Monetary Policy Committees: Individual and Collective Reputations," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(3), pages 649-665.
- Sah, Raaj Kumar & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1988. "Committees, Hierarchies and Polyarchies," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(391), pages 451-70, June.
- Ladha, Krishna K., 1995. "Information pooling through majority-rule voting: Condorcet's jury theorem with correlated votes," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 353-372, May.
- Klevorick, Alvin K. & Rothschild, Michael & Winship, Christopher, 1984.
"Information processing and jury decisionmaking,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 245-278, April.
- Athanasios Orphanides, 1998.
"Monetary policy evaluation with noisy information,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
1998-50, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hao Li & Sherwin Rosen & Wing Suen, 2000.
"Conflicts and Common Interests in Committees,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
0341, Econometric Society.
- Berg, Claes & Lindberg, Hans, 2000. "Conducting Monetary Policy with a Collegial Board: The New Swedish Legislation One Year On," Working Paper Series 105, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Carsten Hefeker, 2003.
"Federal Monetary Policy,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 105(4), pages 643-659, December.
- Glenn D. Rudebusch, 1999.
"Is the Fed too timid? Monetary policy in an uncertain world,"
Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory
99-05, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Glenn D. Rudebusch, 2001. "Is The Fed Too Timid? Monetary Policy In An Uncertain World," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(2), pages 203-217, May.
- Drora Karotkin, 1996. "Justification of the simple majority and chairman rules," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 13(4), pages 479-486.
- Wit, Jorgen, 1998. "Rational Choice and the Condorcet Jury Theorem," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 364-376, February.
- Timothy J. Feddersen & Wolfgang Pesendorfer, 1995.
"The Swing Voter's Curse,"
1064, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Sack, Brian & Wieland, Volker, 2000.
"Interest-rate smoothing and optimal monetary policy: a review of recent empirical evidence,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 205-228.
- Brian P. Sack & Volker W. Wieland, 1999. "Interest-rate smoothing and optimal monetary policy: a review of recent empirical evidence," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1999-39, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Watson, Mark W., 1986. "Univariate detrending methods with stochastic trends," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 49-75, July.
- John Duggan & Cesar Martinelli, 1998.
"A Bayesian Model of Voting in Juries,"
Wallis Working Papers
WP14, University of Rochester - Wallis Institute of Political Economy.
- Nicola Persico, 2004. "Committee Design with Endogenous Information," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 71(1), pages 165-191.
- Waller, Christopher J, 1989. "Monetary Policy Games and Central Bank Politics," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 21(4), pages 422-31, November.
- Bulkley, George & Myles, Gareth D & Pearson, Bernard R, 2001.
"On the Membership of Decision-Making Committees,"
Springer, vol. 106(1-2), pages 1-22, January.
- von Hagen, Jurgen & Suppel, Ralph, 1994. "Central bank constitutions for federal monetary unions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 774-782, April.
- Koh, Winston T. H., 1993. "First-mover advantage and organizational structure," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 47-52.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eecrev:v:50:y:2006:i:2:p:487-507. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.