Sequential location when transportation costs are asymmetric
I study sequential location by three firms when it is more costly for a consumer to move in one direction, say to the left, than to move to the right.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Spagat, Michael, 1992. "Validated equilibrium and sequential spatial competition games," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 49-57, August.
- Dewatripont, Mathias, 1987.
"The role of indifference in sequential models of spatial competition : An example,"
Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 323-328.
- Mathias Dewatripont, 1987. "The role of indifference in sequential models of spatial competition: an example," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9567, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Nilssen, T. & Sorgard, L., 1996. "Strategic Location with Asymmetric Transportation Costs," Memorandum 35/1996, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Edward C. Prescott & Michael Visscher, 1977. "Sequential Location among Firms with Foresight," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 8(2), pages 378-393, Autumn.
- Cancian, Maria & Bills, Angela & Bergstrom, Theodore, 1995. "Hotelling Location Problems with Directional Constraints: An Application to Television News Scheduling," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(1), pages 121-124, March. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)