Linking action situations: Coordination, conflicts, and evolution in electricity provision for irrigation in Andhra Pradesh, India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Norgaard, Richard B, 1984. "Coevolutionary Agricultural Development," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(3), pages 525-546, April.
- Tarui, Nori, 2007. "Inequality and outside options in common-property resource use," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 214-239, May.
- John C. Harsanyi & Reinhard Selten, 1988. "A General Theory of Equilibrium Selection in Games," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262582384, January.
- Foster, Andrew D & Rosenzweig, Mark R, 1995.
"Learning by Doing and Learning from Others: Human Capital and Technical Change in Agriculture,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(6), pages 1176-1209, December.
- Mark Rosenzweig & Andrew D. Foster, "undated". "Learning by Doing and Learning from Others: Human Capital and Technical Change in Agriculture," Home Pages _068, University of Pennsylvania.
- Elinor Ostrom, 2010.
"Analyzing collective action,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(s1), pages 155-166, November.
- Ostrom, Elinor, 2009. "Analyzing Collective Action," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 53215, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Masahiko Aoki, 2013.
"Endogenizing institutions and institutional changes,"
Chapters,in: Comparative Institutional Analysis, chapter 16, pages 267-297
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Aoki, Masahiko, 2007. "Endogenizing institutions and institutional changes," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(01), pages 1-31, April.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00624266 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dubash, Navroz K. & Rao, D. Narasimha, 2008. "Regulatory practice and politics: Lessons from independent regulation in Indian electricity," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 321-331, December.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:55:y:1961:i:04:p:831-842_12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Munshi, Kaivan, 2004. "Social learning in a heterogeneous population: technology diffusion in the Indian Green Revolution," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 185-213, February.
- Janssen, Marco A., 2007. "Coordination in irrigation systems: An analysis of the Lansing-Kremer model of Bali," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 93(1-3), pages 170-190, March.
- Walker, D. H. & Sinclair, F. L., 1998. "Acquiring qualitative knowledge about complex agroecosystems. Part 2: Formal representation," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 365-386, March.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:75:y:1981:i:02:p:306-318_17 is not listed on IDEAS
- M. Ruth & K. Donaghy & P. Kirshen, 2006. "Introduction," Chapters,in: Regional Climate Change and Variability, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Putnam, Robert D., 1988. "Diplomacy and domestic politics: the logic of two-level games," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(03), pages 427-460, June.
- Jeroen Bergh & Sigrid Stagl, 2003. "Coevolution of economic behaviour and institutions: towards a theory of institutional change," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 289-317, August.
- Paul Downward & Andrew Mearman, 2007. "Retroduction as mixed-methods triangulation in economic research: reorienting economics into social science," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 31(1), pages 77-99, January.
- William Blomquist & Elinor Ostrom, 1985. "Institutional Capacity And The Resolution Of A Commons Dilemma," Review of Policy Research, Policy Studies Organization, vol. 5(2), pages 383-394, November.
- Golman, Russell & Page, Scott E., 2010. "Individual and cultural learning in stag hunt games with multiple actions," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 73(3), pages 359-376, March.
- Konrad Hagedorn, 2008.
"Particular requirements for institutional analysis in nature-related sectors,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 35(3), pages 357-384, September.
- Konrad Hagedorn, 2008. "Particular requirements for institutional analysis in nature-related sectors," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 35(4), pages 606-606, December.
- Jara-Rojas, Roberto & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Díaz, José, 2012. "Adoption of water conservation practices: A socioeconomic analysis of small-scale farmers in Central Chile," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 54-62.
- Vatn, Arild, 2005. "Rationality, institutions and environmental policy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 203-217, November.
- Kumar, M. Dinesh, 2005. "Impact of electricity prices and volumetric water allocation on energy and groundwater demand management:: analysis from Western India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 39-51, January.
- World Bank, 2010. "Deep Wells and Prudence : Towards Pragmatic Action for Addressing Groundwater Overexploitation in India," World Bank Other Operational Studies 2835, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kimmich, Christian & Sagebiel, Julian, 2016. "Empowering irrigation: A game-theoretic approach to electricity utilization in Indian agriculture," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(PB), pages 174-185.
More about this item
KeywordsTechnology adoption; Irrigation; Energy efficiency; India; Economic network analysis; Game theory;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:90:y:2013:i:c:p:150-158. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .