Political consumerism and public policy: Good complements against market failures?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Philippe Delacote & Claire Montagné-Huck, 2012. "Political consumerism and public policy: good complements against market failures?," Post-Print hal-01000744, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wu, JunJie & Babcock, Bruce A., 1999.
"The Relative Efficiency of Voluntary vs Mandatory Environmental Regulations,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 158-175, September.
- Wu, JunJie & Babcock, Bruce, 1999. "The Relative Efficiency of Voluntary vs Mandatory Environmental Regulation," ISU General Staff Papers 199909010700001199, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Riera, Pere & Aranda, Leticia & Mavsar, Robert, 2007. "Efficiency and equity of forest policies: A graphic analysis using the partial equilibrium framework," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(7), pages 852-861, April.
- Jean-Paul Fitoussi & Éloi Laurent & Jacques Le Cacheux, 2007.
"La stratégie environnementale de l'Union européenne,"
Revue de l'OFCE,
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(3), pages 381-413.
- Eloi Laurent & Jean-Paul Fitoussi & Jacques Le Cacheux, 2007. "La stratégie environnementale de l’Union européenne," Sciences Po publications 2007-24, Sciences Po.
- Jean-Paul Fitoussi & Eloi Laurent & Jacques Le Cacheux, 2007. "La stratégie environnementale de l’Union Européenne," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/2081, Sciences Po.
- Jean-Paul Fitoussi & Eloi Laurent & Jacques Le Cacheux, 2007. "La stratégie environnementale de l’Union européenne," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2007-24, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Eloi Laurent & Jean-Paul Fitoussi & Jacques Le Cacheux, 2007. "La stratégie environnementale de l'Union européenne," Working Papers hal-00972702, HAL.
- Young Min Baek, 2010. "To Buy or Not to Buy: Who are Political Consumers? What do they Think and How Do they Participate?," Political Studies, Political Studies Association, vol. 58, pages 1065-1086, December.
- Samir R. Gandhi, 2006. "Disciplining Voluntary Environmental Standards At The WTO - An Indian Legal Viewpoint," Macroeconomics Working Papers 22160, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Robert Innes, 2006. "A Theory of Consumer Boycotts under Symmetric Information and Imperfect Competition," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(511), pages 355-381, April.
- Gilles Grolleau & Naoufel Mzoughi & Luc Thiébaut, 2004. "Les instruments volontaires :. Un nouveau mode de régulation de l'environnement ?," Revue internationale de droit économique, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(4), pages 461-481.
- Mireille Chiroleu-Assouline, 2007. "Efficacité comparée des instruments de régulation environnementale," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00306212, HAL.
- Brennan, Timothy J., 2006. ""Green" preferences as regulatory policy instrument," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 144-154, January.
- Howley, Peter & Hynes, Stephen & O'Donoghue, Cathal, 2010. "The citizen versus consumer distinction: An exploration of individuals' preferences in Contingent Valuation studies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(7), pages 1524-1531, May.
- Anthony Downs, 1957. "An Economic Theory of Political Action in a Democracy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65, pages 135-135.
- Buenstorf, Guido & Cordes, Christian, 2008. "Can sustainable consumption be learned? A model of cultural evolution," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(4), pages 646-657, November.
- Coad, Alex & de Haan, Peter & Woersdorfer, Julia Sophie, 2009.
"Consumer support for environmental policies: An application to purchases of green cars,"
Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 2078-2086, May.
- Alex Coad & Peter de Haan & Julia Sophie Woersdorfer, 2008. "Consumer support for environmental policies: An application to purchases of green cars," Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-035, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Klaus Conrad, 2001. "Voluntary Environmental Agreements vs. Emission Taxes in Strategic Trade Models," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 19(4), pages 361-381, August.
- Douadia Bougherara & Sandrine Costa & Gilles Grolleau & Lisette Ibanez, 2009. "Dealing with the aversion to the sucker’s payoff in public goods game," Working Papers 09-27, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Dec 2009.
- Cogoy, Mario, 1999. "The consumer as a social and environmental actor," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 385-398, March.
- Spangenberg, Joachim H. & Lorek, Sylvia, 2002. "Environmentally sustainable household consumption: from aggregate environmental pressures to priority fields of action," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2-3), pages 127-140, December.
- Tacconi, Luca, 1997. "An ecological economic approach to forest and biodiversity conservation: The case of vanuatu," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(12), pages 1995-2008, December.
- Schumacher, Ingmar, 2010. "Ecolabeling, consumers' preferences and taxation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(11), pages 2202-2212, September.
More about this item
KeywordsPolitical consumerism; Public policies; Economic theory; Environment; Ethics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:73:y:2012:i:c:p:188-193. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.