Compensation for environmental services and intergovernmental fiscal transfers: The case of India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Engel, Stefanie & Pagiola, Stefano & Wunder, Sven, 2008. "Designing payments for environmental services in theory and practice: An overview of the issues," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(4), pages 663-674, May.
- Gray, Wayne B. & Shadbegian, R.J.Ronald J., 2004.
"'Optimal' pollution abatement--whose benefits matter, and how much?,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 510-534, May.
- Wayne B. Gray & Ronald J. Shadbegian, 2002. "Optimal Pollution Abatement - Whose Benefits Matter, and How Much?," NBER Working Papers 9125, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wayne B. Gray & Ronald J. Shadbegian, 2002. "‘Optimal’ Pollution Abatement – Whose Benefits Matter, and How Much?," NCEE Working Paper Series 200205, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Sep 2002.
- Quentin Grafton, R. & Jotzo, Frank & Wasson, Merrilyn, 2004.
"Financing sustainable development: Country Undertakings and Rights for Environmental Sustainability CURES,"
Elsevier, vol. 51(1-2), pages 65-78, November.
- R. Quentin Grafton & Frank Jotzo & Merrilyn Wasson, 2004. "Financing Sustainable Development : Country Undertakings and Rights for Environmental Sustainability (CURES)," Economics and Environment Network Working Papers 0403, Australian National University, Economics and Environment Network.
- Anwar Shah, 2006.
"A Practitioner´s Guide to Intergovernmental Fiscal Transfers,"
Revista de Economía y Estadística,
Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Instituto de Economía y Finanzas, vol. 0(2), pages 128-186, July.
- Shah, Anwar, 2006. "A practitioner's guide to intergovernmental fiscal transfers," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4039, The World Bank.
- List, John A & Bulte, Erwin H & Shogren, Jason F, 2002.
""Beggar Thy Neighbor": Testing for Free Riding in State-Level Endangered Species Expenditures,"
Springer, vol. 111(3-4), pages 303-315, June.
- Erwin Bulte & John List & Jason Shogren, 2002. ""Beggar thy Neighbor:" Testing for Free Riding in State-Level Endangered Species Expenditures," Natural Field Experiments 00513, The Field Experiments Website.
- Hajkowicz, Stefan, 2007. "Allocating scarce financial resources across regions for environmental management in Queensland, Australia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 208-216, March.
- Barton, D.N. & Rusch, G. & May, P. & Ring, I. & Unnerstall, H. & Santos, R. & Antunes, P. & Brouwer, R. & Grieg-Gran, M. & Similä, J. & Primmer, E. & Romeiro, A. & DeClerck, F. & Ibrahim, M., 2009. "Assessing the role of economic instruments in a policy mix for biodiversity conservation and ecosystem services provision: a review of some methodological challenges," MPRA Paper 15554, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Subrata Mandal & M. Govinda Rao, 2007.
"Overlapping Fiscal Domains and the Effectiveness of Environmental Policy in India,"
Chapters, in: Albert Breton & Giorgio Brosio & Silvana Dalmazzone & Giovanna Garrone (ed.), Environmental Governance and Decentralisation, chapter 8,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Mandal, Subrata & M. Govinda Rao, 2005. "Overlapping fiscal domains and effectiveness of environmental policy in India," Working Papers 05/25, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Oates, Wallace E., 2001. "A Reconsideration of Environmental Federalism," Discussion Papers 10460, Resources for the Future.
- Ring, Irene, 2002. "Ecological public functions and fiscal equalisation at the local level in Germany," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 415-427, September.
- Bev Dahlby, 1996. "Fiscal externalities and the design of intergovernmental grants," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 3(3), pages 397-412, July.
- Dur, Robert & Staal, Klaas, 2008.
"Local public good provision, municipal consolidation, and national transfers,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 160-173, March.
- Dur, Robert & Staal, Klaas, 2006. "Local Public Good Provision, Municipal Consolidation, and National Transfers," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 86, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Robert Dur & Klaas Staal, 2007. "Local Public Good Provision, Municipal Consolidation, and National Transfers," CESifo Working Paper Series 2061, CESifo.
- A. B. Atkinson & N. H. Stern, 1974. "Pigou, Taxation and Public Goods," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(1), pages 119-128.
- repec:npf:wpaper:25 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sigman, Hilary, 2005.
"Transboundary spillovers and decentralization of environmental policies,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 82-101, July.
- Hilary Sigman, 2004. "Transboundary Spillovers and Decentralization of Environmental Policies," Departmental Working Papers 200416, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Hilary Sigman, 2004. "Transboundary Spillovers and Decentralization of Environmental Policies," NBER Working Papers 10717, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Breton,Albert, 1996. "Competitive Governments," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521481021, March.
- Bird, Richard M. & Smart, Michael, 2002. "Intergovernmental Fiscal Transfers: International Lessons for Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 899-912, June.
- Helland, Eric & Whitford, Andrew B., 2003. "Pollution incidence and political jurisdiction: evidence from the TRI," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 403-424, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alexandre Sauquet & Sébastien Marchand & José Gustavo Feres, 2012.
"Ecological Fiscal Incentives and Spatial Strategic Interactions: the Case of the ICMS-E in the Brazilian state of Paraná,"
- Sébastien MARCHAND & Alexandre SAUQUET & José Gustavo FERES, 2012. "Ecological Fiscal Incentives and Spatial Strategic Interactions: the Case of the ICMS-E in the Brazilian state of Paraná," Working Papers 201219, CERDI.
- Mumbunan, Sonny & Ring, Irene & Lenk, Thomas, 2012. "Ecological fiscal transfers at the provincial level in Indonesia," UFZ Discussion Papers 06/2012, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
- Sridhar, Kala S. & Kumar, Surender, 2012. "India’s urban environment: air and water pollution and pollution abatement," MPRA Paper 43810, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Droste, N. & Ring, I. & Santos, R. & Kettunen, M., 2018.
"Ecological Fiscal Transfers in Europe – Evidence-Based Design Options for a Transnational Scheme,"
Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 373-382.
- Droste, N. & Ring, I. & Santos, R. & Kettunen, M., 2016. "Ecological Fiscal Transfers in Europe: Evidence-based design options of a transnational scheme," UFZ Discussion Papers 10/2016, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
- Luca Tacconi & Sango Mahanty & Helen Suich (ed.), 2010. "Payments for Environmental Services, Forest Conservation and Climate Change," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14052.
- Giannetti, B.F. & Ogura, Y. & Bonilla, S.H. & Almeida, C.M.V.B., 2011. "Emergy assessment of a coffee farm in Brazilian Cerrado considering in a broad form the environmental services, negative externalities and fair price," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(9), pages 679-688.
- Pinaki Chakraborty & Shatakshi Garg, 2018. "Fiscal pressure of migration & horizontal fiscal inequality: Evidence from Indian experience," WIDER Working Paper Series 004, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Sauquet, Alexandre & Marchand, Sébastien & Féres, José Gustavo, 2014. "Protected areas, local governments, and strategic interactions: The case of the ICMS-Ecológico in the Brazilian state of Paraná," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 249-258.
- Laxmi Dutt Bhatta & Arati Khadgi & Rajesh Kumar Rai & Bikram Tamang & Kiran Timalsina & Shahriar Wahid, 2018. "Designing community-based payment scheme for ecosystem services: a case from Koshi Hills, Nepal," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 20(4), pages 1831-1848, August.
- Nils Droste & Claudia Becker & Irene Ring & Rui Santos, 2018. "Decentralization Effects in Ecological Fiscal Transfers: A Bayesian Structural Time Series Analysis for Portugal," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 71(4), pages 1027-1051, December.
- Tacconi, Luca & Muttaqin, Muhammad Zahrul, 2019. "Reducing emissions from land use change in Indonesia: An overview," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 1-1.
- Nurfatriani, Fitri & Darusman, Dudung & Nurrochmat, Dodik Ridho & Yustika, Ahmad Erani & Muttaqin, Muhammad Zahrul, 2015. "Redesigning Indonesian forest fiscal policy to support forest conservation," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 39-50.
- Xin Yang & Fan Zhang & Cheng Luo & Anlu Zhang, 2019. "Farmland Ecological Compensation Zoning and Horizontal Fiscal Payment Mechanism in Wuhan Agglomeration, China, From the Perspective of Ecological Footprint," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(8), pages 1-15, April.
- Shalini Gupta, 2016. "Forest sustainability and development in hills of Uttarakhand, India: Can they move together?," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 279-294, February.
- Farley, Josh & Aquino, André & Daniels, Amy & Moulaert, Azur & Lee, Dan & Krause, Abby, 2010. "Global mechanisms for sustaining and enhancing PES schemes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(11), pages 2075-2084, September.
- Farley, Joshua, 2012. "Ecosystem services: The economics debate," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 40-49.
- Alexeev, Alexander & Good, David H. & Krutilla, Kerry, 2016. "Environmental taxation and the double dividend in decentralized jurisdictions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 90-100.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental services Fiscal federalism Spatial externalities Environmental expenditure India;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:68:y:2009:i:12:p:3052-3059. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.