A practitioner's guide to intergovernmental fiscal transfers
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Anwar Shah, 2006. "A Practitioner´s Guide to Intergovernmental Fiscal Transfers," Revista de Economía y Estadística, Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Instituto de Economía y Finanzas, vol. 0(2), pages 128-186, July.
References listed on IDEAS
- Anwar Shah, 1996. "A Fiscal Need Approach to Equalization," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 22(2), pages 99-115, June.
- Robin Boadway, 2004. "The Theory and Practice of Equalization," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 50(1), pages 211-254.
- Huther, J. & Roberts, S. & Shah, A., 1997. "Public Expenditure Reform under Adjustment Lending. Lessons from World Bank Experiences," World Bank - Discussion Papers 382, World Bank.
- Shah, Anwar, 2005. "A framework for evaluating alternate institutional arrangements for fiscal equalization transfers," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3785, The World Bank.
- Chaudry-Shah, Anwar, 1988. " Capitalization and the Theory of Local Public Finance: An Interpretive Essay," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(3), pages 209-243.
- Shankar, Raja & Shah, Anwar, 2003. "Bridging the Economic Divide Within Countries: A Scorecard on the Performance of Regional Policies in Reducing Regional Income Disparities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 1421-1441, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lavado, Rouselle F. & Layug, Allan S. & Pantig, Ida Marie T. & Bolong, Leilani E., 2010.
"Do Barangays Really Matter in Local Services Delivery? Some Issues and Policy Options,"
DP 2010-03, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Allan S. Layug & Ida Marie T. Pantig & Leilani E. Bolong & Rouselle F. Lavado, 2010. "Do barangays really matter in local services delivery? Some Issues and Policy Options," Governance Working Papers 22809, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Linda Veiga & Francisco Veiga, 2013. "Intergovernmental fiscal transfers as pork barrel," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 155(3), pages 335-353, June.
- Sharma, Chanchal Kumar, 2010. "Beyond Gaps and Imbalances: Re-Structuring the Debate on Intergovernmental Fiscal Relations," MPRA Paper 32145, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sengupta, Bodhisattva, 2016. "Endogenous Leadership in a Federal Transfer Game," MPRA Paper 71882, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schakel, Arjan H., 2008. "Validation of the Regional Authority Index," MPRA Paper 8972, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Freinkman, Lev, 2007. "Intergovernmental relations in Nigeria: improving service delivery in core sectors," MPRA Paper 10032, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Neyapti, Bilin, 2013. "Fiscal decentralization, fiscal rules and fiscal discipline," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 121(3), pages 528-532.
- Kumar, Surender & Managi, Shunsuke, 2009. "Compensation for environmental services and intergovernmental fiscal transfers: The case of India," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(12), pages 3052-3059, October.
- Bodhisattva Sengupta, 2016. "Endogenous Leadership in a Federal Transfer Game," Working Papers id:11473, eSocialSciences.
- Aragon, Fernando, 2009.
"The flypaper effect revisited,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
58199, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Fernando Aragon, 2009. "The Flypaper Effect Revisited," STICERD - Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers Series 004, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Fernando Aragon, 2012. "Local Spending, Transfers and Costly Tax Collection," Discussion Papers dp12-09, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- World Bank, 2013. "Impact and Implications of Recent and Potential Changes to Brazil's Subnational Fiscal Framework," World Bank Other Operational Studies 20773, The World Bank.
- Bischoff, Ivo, 2008. "Conditional Grants, Grant-Seeking and Welfare when there is Government Failure on the Subordinate Level," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-031, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Llanto, Gilberto M., 2009. "Fiscal Decentralization and Local Finance Reforms in the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 2009-10, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic Sector Economics&Finance; Intergovernmental Fiscal Relations and Local Finance Management; Public Sector Management and Reform; Public&Municipal Finance; Urban Economics;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-10-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2006-10-21 (Development)
- NEP-URE-2006-10-21 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:4039. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .