The Flypaper Effect Revisited
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Fernando Aragon, 2012. "Local Spending, Transfers and Costly Tax Collection," Discussion Papers dp12-09, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Aragon, Fernando, 2009. "The flypaper effect revisited," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 58199, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
References listed on IDEAS
- Roemer, John E & Silvestre, Joaquim, 2002.
" The "Flypaper Effect" Is Not an Anomaly,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 4(1), pages 1-17.
- John E. Roemer & Joaquim Silvestre, "undated". "The ‘Flypaper Effect’ Is Not An Anomaly," Department of Economics 00-04, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- John Roemer & Selva Demiralp & Holly Liu & Jeffrey Williams, 2003. "The 'Flypaper Effect' is not an anomaly," Working Papers 04, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Hamilton, Jonathan H., 1986. "The flypaper effect and the deadweight loss from taxation," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 148-155, March.
- van de Walle, Dominique & Mu, Ren, 2007.
"Fungibility and the flypaper effect of project aid: Micro-evidence for Vietnam,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 667-685, November.
- van de Walle, Dominique & Ren Mu, 2007. "Fungibility and the flypaper effect of project aid : micro-evidence for Vietnam," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4133, The World Bank.
- Singhal, Monica, 2008.
"Special interest groups and the allocation of public funds,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(3-4), pages 548-564, April.
- Singhal, Monica, 2006. "Special Interest Groups and the Allocation of Public Funds," Working Paper Series rwp06-004, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Monica Singhal, 2006. "Special Interest Groups and the Allocation of Public Funds," NBER Working Papers 12037, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anwar Shah, 2006.
"A Practitioner´s Guide to Intergovernmental Fiscal Transfers,"
Revista de Economía y Estadística,
Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Instituto de Economía y Finanzas, vol. 0(2), pages 128-186, July.
- Shah, Anwar, 2006. "A practitioner's guide to intergovernmental fiscal transfers," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4039, The World Bank.
- Turnbull, Geoffrey K., 1998. "The Overspending and Flypaper Effects of Fiscal Illusion: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 1-26, July.
- Hamilton, Bruce W., 1983. "The flypaper effect and other anomalies," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 347-361, December.
- Slemrod, Joel, 1990. "Optimal Taxation and Optimal Tax Systems," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 4(1), pages 157-178, Winter.
- David F. Bradford & Wallace E. Oates, 1971. "The Analysis of Revenue Sharing in a New Approach to Collective Fiscal Decisions," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 85(3), pages 416-439.
- Filimon, Radu & Romer, Thomas & Rosenthal, Howard, 1982. "Asymmetric information and agenda control : The bases of monopoly power in public spending," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 51-70, February.
- Brian Knight, 2002. "Endogenous Federal Grants and Crowd-out of State Government Spending: Theory and Evidence from the Federal Highway Aid Program," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 71-92, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bev Dahlby & Ergete Ferede, 2016.
"The stimulative effects of intergovernmental grants and the marginal cost of public funds,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 23(1), pages 114-139, February.
- Bev Dahlby & Ergete Ferede, 2016. "The stimulative effects of intergovernmental grants and the marginal cost of public funds," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 23(1), pages 114-139, February.
- Bev Dahlby & Ergete Ferede, 2012. "The Stimulative Effects of Intergovernmental Grants and the Marginal Cost of Public Funds," CESifo Working Paper Series 3863, CESifo Group Munich.
- Baja Daza, Gover & Villarroel Böhrt, Sergio & Zavaleta Castellón, David, 2012.
"Diseño institucional e incentivos implicitos en la descentralización Boliviana (1994-2008)
[Institutional design and implicit incentives in Bolivia's decentralization model (1994-2008)]," MPRA Paper 48598, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alvaro Morales & Prakarsh Singh, 2016. "“Face the bullet, spare the rod?” Evidence from the aftermath of the Shining Path Insurgency," HiCN Working Papers 191 updated, Households in Conflict Network.
More about this item
Keywordsflypaper effect; intergovernmental transfers; public finance; fiscaldecentralization;
- H71 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- H77 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Intergovernmental Relations; Federalism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-09-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-PBE-2009-09-19 (Public Economics)
- NEP-URE-2009-09-19 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cep:stieop:004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://sticerd.lse.ac.uk/_new/publications/default.asp .