The Illusion of Fiscal Illusion: Unsticking the Flypaper Effect
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brian Knight, 2000. "The flypaper effect unstuck: evidence on endogenous grants from the Federal Highway Aid Program," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2000-49, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Vittoria Idrisova & Lev Freinkman, 2010. "Impact of Federal Transfers over Regional Authorities Behavior," Research Paper Series, Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy, issue 137P.
- Matz Dahlberg & Eva Mörk & JÃ¸rn RattsÃ¸ & Hanna Ã…gren, 2006. "Using a Discontinuous Grant to Identify the Effect of Grants on Local Taxes and Spending," CESifo Working Paper Series 1857, CESifo Group Munich.
- Becerra, Ligia Melo, 2004. "Intergovernmental fiscal relations : the Colombian case," Economics PhD Theses 0304, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Sergio Clavijo, 2005. "Tributación, Equidad y Eficiencia en Colombia: Guía para Salir de un Sistema Amalgamado," Borradores de Economia 325, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Yihua Yu & Jing Wang & Xi Tian, 2016.
"Identifying the Flypaper Effect in the Presence of Spatial Dependence: Evidence from Education in China's Counties,"
Growth and Change,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 93-110, March.
- Yu, Yihua & Wang, Jing & Tian, Xi, 2013. "Identifying the Flypaper Effect in the Presence of Spatial Dependence: Evidence from Education in China’s Counties," MPRA Paper 61616, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:agr:journl:v:3(612):y:2017:i:3(612):p:115-124 is not listed on IDEAS
- Moisio, Antti, 2002. "Determinants of Expenditure Variation in Finnish Municipalities," Discussion Papers 269, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Dahlberg, Matz & Mörk, Eva & Rattsø, Jørn & Ågren, Hanna, 2008.
"Using a discontinuous grant rule to identify the effect of grants on local taxes and spending,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(12), pages 2320-2335, December.
- Dahlberg, Matz & Mörk, Eva & Rattso, Jorn & Ågren, Hanna, 2006. "Using a discontinuous grant rule to identify the effect of grants on local taxes and spending," Working Paper Series 2006:25, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Matz Dahlberg & Eva Mörk & Jørn Rattsø & Hanna Ågren, 2006. "Using a discontinuous grant rule to identify the effect of grants on local taxes and spending," Working Papers 2006-12, University of Kentucky, Institute for Federalism and Intergovernmental Relations.
- Paulo Arvate & Enlinson Mattos, Fabiana Rocha, 2015.
"Intergovernmental transfers and public spending in Brazilian municipalities,"
Working Papers, Department of Economics
2015_03, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Arvate, Paulo Roberto & Mattos, Enlinson & Rocha, Fabiana, 2015. "Intergovernmental transfers and public spending in Brazilian municipalities," Textos para discussão 377, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Dahlberg, M. & Jacob, J., 2000.
"Sluggishness, Endogeneity and the Demand for Local Public Services,"
2000:17, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Dahlberg, Matz & Jacob, Johanna, 2000. "Sluggishness, Endogeneity and the Demand for Local Public Services," Working Paper Series 2000:17, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Dahlberg, M. & Jacob, J., 2000. "Sluggishness, Endogeneity and the Demand for Local Public Services," Papers 2000-17, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Juan González Alegre, 2012. "An evaluation of EU regional policy. Do structural actions crowd out public spending?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 151(1), pages 1-21, April.
- Facchini, Francois, 2014. "The determinants of public spending: a survey in a methodological perspective," MPRA Paper 53006, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roberto Dell'Anno & Vincenzo Maria De Rosa, 2013. "The Relevance of the Theory of Fiscal Illusion. The Case of the Italian Tax System," HISTORY OF ECONOMIC THOUGHT AND POLICY, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2013(2), pages 63-92.
- Heléne Lundqvist, 2015.
"Granting public or private consumption? Effects of grants on local public spending and income taxes,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 22(1), pages 41-72, February.
- Lundqvist, Heléne, 2010. "Granting public or private consumption? Effects of grants on local public spending and income taxes," Working Papers 15, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Elena Gennari & Giovanna Messina, 2014. "How sticky are local expenditures in Italy? Assessing the relevance of the flypaper effect through municipal data," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 21(2), pages 324-344, April.
- Korzhenevych, Artem & Langer, Sebastian, 2016. "The Flypaper Effect in Germany: An East-West Comparison," CEPIE Working Papers 10/16, Technische Universität Dresden, Center of Public and International Economics (CEPIE).
- Saastamoinen, Antti & Kortelainen, Mika, 2018. "When does money stick in education? Evidence from a kinked grant rule," Working Papers 102, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Brian Knight, 2002. "Endogenous Federal Grants and Crowd-out of State Government Spending: Theory and Evidence from the Federal Highway Aid Program," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 71-92, March.
- Fernando M. Aragon, 2013.
"Local Spending, Transfers, and Costly Tax Collection,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association, vol. 66(2), pages 343-370, June.
- Fernando Aragon, 2012. "Local Spending, Transfers and Costly Tax Collection," Discussion Papers dp12-09, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Laura Sour, 2013. "The flypaper effect in Mexican local government," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 28(1), pages 165-186.
- John Yinger & Phuong Nguyen-Hoang, 2015. "The Behavioral Impacts of Poverty Tax Relief: Salience or Framing?," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 186, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Sergio Clavijo, 2005. "TRIBUTACION, EQUIDAD Y EFICIENCIA EN COLOMBIA: Guía para Salir de un Sistema Tributario Amalgamado," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003663, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- James LeSage & Matthew Dominguez, 2012. "The importance of modeling spatial spillovers in public choice analysis," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 150(3), pages 525-545, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:86:y:1996:i:1-2:p:85-102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .