Theory of planned behavior approach to understand the green purchasing behavior in the EU: A cross-cultural study
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cho, Yoon-Na & Thyroff, Anastasia & Rapert, Molly I. & Park, Seong-Yeon & Lee, Hyun Ju, 2013. "To be or not to be green: Exploring individualism and collectivism as antecedents of environmental behavior," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(8), pages 1052-1059.
- Wander Jager & Marco A. Janssen, 2002. "Stimulating diffusion of green products," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 283-306.
- Bazoche, P. & Deola, C. & Soler, Louis-Georges, 2008. "An experimental study of wine consumers’ willingness to pay for environmental characteristics," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 43651, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- D. Vantomme & M. Geuens & J. De Houwer & P. De Pelsmacker, 2004.
"Implicit Attitudes Toward Green Consumer Behavior,"
Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium
04/224, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Vantomme, D. & Geuens, M. & De Houwer, J. & De Pelsmacker, P., 2006. "Implicit attitudes toward green consumer behavior," Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series 2005-31, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.
- Liu, Longzhu & Chen, Rong & He, Feng, 2015. "How to promote purchase of carbon offset products: Labeling vs. calculation?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(5), pages 942-948.
- Kaufman, Noah, 2014. "Overcoming the barriers to the market performance of green consumer goods," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 487-507.
- Vermeir, Iris & Verbeke, Wim, 2008. "Sustainable food consumption among young adults in Belgium: Theory of planned behaviour and the role of confidence and values," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 542-553, January.
- De Cannière, Marie Hélène & De Pelsmacker, Patrick & Geuens, Maggie, 2009.
"Relationship Quality and the Theory of Planned Behavior models of behavioral intentions and purchase behavior,"
Journal of Business Research,
Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 82-92, January.
- M. H. De Cannière & P. De Pelsmacker & M. Geuens, 2008. "Relationship Quality and the Theory of Planned Behavior Models of Behavioral Intentions and Purchase Behavior," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 08/492, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Matthes, Jörg & Wonneberger, Anke & Schmuck, Desirée, 2014. "Consumers' green involvement and the persuasive effects of emotional versus functional ads," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(9), pages 1885-1893.
- Millan, Elena & De Pelsmacker, Patrick & Wright, Len Tiu, 2013. "Clothing consumption in two recent EU Member States: A cross-cultural study," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(8), pages 975-982.
- Godey, Bruno & Pederzoli, Daniele & Aiello, Gaetano & Donvito, Raffaele & Chan, Priscilla & Oh, Hyunjoo & Singh, Rahul & Skorobogatykh, Irina I. & Tsuchiya, Junji & Weitz, Bart, 2012.
"Brand and country-of-origin effect on consumers' decision to purchase luxury products,"
Journal of Business Research,
Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1461-1470.
- Bruno Godey & Daniele Pederzoli & Gaetano Aiello & Raffaele Donvito & Priscilla Chan & Hyunjoo Oh & Rahul Singh & Irina Skorobogatykh & Junji Tsuchiya & Bart Weitz, 2012. "Brand and country-of-origin effect on consumers' decision to purchase luxury products," Post-Print hal-00822005, HAL.
- Engelen, Andreas & Brettel, Malte, 2011. "Assessing cross-cultural marketing theory and research," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(5), pages 516-523, May.
- Ruiz de Maya, Salvador & López-López, Inés & Munuera, José Luis, 2011. "Organic food consumption in Europe: International segmentation based on value system differences," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(10), pages 1767-1775, August.
- Ajzen, Icek, 1991. "The theory of planned behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 179-211, December.
- Brécard, Dorothée & Hlaimi, Boubaker & Lucas, Sterenn & Perraudeau, Yves & Salladarré, Frédéric, 2009. "Determinants of demand for green products: An application to eco-label demand for fish in Europe," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 115-125, November.
- Cleveland, Mark & Laroche, Michel, 2007. "Acculturaton to the global consumer culture: Scale development and research paradigm," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 249-259, March.
- Aysel Boztepe, 2012. "Green Marketing and Its Impact on Consumer Buying Behavior," European Journal of Economic and Political Studies, Fatih University, vol. 5(1), pages 5-21.
- Newton, Joshua D. & Tsarenko, Yelena & Ferraro, Carla & Sands, Sean, 2015. "Environmental concern and environmental purchase intentions: The mediating role of learning strategy," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(9), pages 1974-1981.
- Engelen, Andreas & Brettel, Malte, 2011. "Assessing cross-cultural marketing theory and research: Reply to Craig and Douglas' commentary," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(7), pages 782-784, July.
- Wilson Kong & Amran Harun & Rini Suryati Sulong & Jaratin Lily, 2014. "The Influence of Consumers Perception of Green Products on Green Purchase Intention," International Journal of Asian Social Science, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 4(8), pages 924-939, August.
- William Young & Kumju Hwang & Seonaidh McDonald & Caroline J. Oates, 2010. "Sustainable consumption: green consumer behaviour when purchasing products," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(1), pages 20-31.
- repec:eee:aumajo:v:21:y:2013:i:2:p:105-110 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yu-Shan Chen, 2010. "The Drivers of Green Brand Equity: Green Brand Image, Green Satisfaction, and Green Trust," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 93(2), pages 307-319, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eco:journ3:2019-03-17 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:65:y:2017:i:c:p:292-303 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yadav, Rambalak & Pathak, Govind S., 2017. "Determinants of Consumers' Green Purchase Behavior in a Developing Nation: Applying and Extending the Theory of Planned Behavior," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 114-122.
- Blankenberg, Ann-Kathrin & Alhusen, Harm, 2018. "On the determinants of pro-environmental behavior: A guide for further investigations," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 350, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- repec:eco:journ2:2018-04-43 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kamonthip Maichum & Surakiat Parichatnon & Ke-Chung Peng, 2016. "Application of the Extended Theory of Planned Behavior Model to Investigate Purchase Intention of Green Products among Thai Consumers," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(10), pages 1-20, October.
- repec:eee:transa:v:105:y:2017:i:c:p:42-53 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:155:y:2019:i:3:d:10.1007_s10551-017-3491-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:forpol:v:100:y:2019:i:c:p:33-43 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:159:y:2019:i:c:p:235-243 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEuropean Union; Green purchase; Sustainable consumption; Theory of Planned Behavior; Cross-cultural study;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:125:y:2016:i:c:p:38-46. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.