A time allocation study of university faculty
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Zhiqi & Ferris, J Stephen, 1999. "A Theory of Tenure for the Teaching University," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(1), pages 9-25, March.
- Larry D. Singell & Jane H. Lillydahl, 1996. "Will Changing Times Change the Allocation of Faculty Time?," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 31(2), pages 429-449.
- Marie C. Thursby & Jerry Thursby & Swasti Gupta-Mukherjee, 2007.
"Are There Real Effects of Licensing on Academic Research? A Life Cycle View,"
NBER Chapters,in: Academic Science and Entrepreneurship: Dual Engines of Growth
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thursby, Marie & Thursby, Jerry & Gupta-Mukherjee, Swasti, 2007. "Are there real effects of licensing on academic research? A life cycle view," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 63(4), pages 577-598, August.
- Marie Thursby & Jerry Thursby & Swasti Gupta-Mukherjee, 2005. "Are There Real Effects of Licensing on Academic Research? A Life Cycle View," NBER Working Papers 11497, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Killingsworth, Mark R. & Heckman, James J., 1987. "Female labor supply: A survey," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & R. Layard (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 2, pages 103-204 Elsevier.
- Brent Goldfarb & Gerald Marschke & Amy Smith, 2009. "Scholarship and inventive activity in the university: complements or substitutes?," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(8), pages 743-756.
- Ambrose Leung, 2004.
"Delinquency, schooling, and work: time allocation decision of youth,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(9), pages 987-993.
- Ambrose Leung, 2003. "Delinquency, schooling, and work: time allocation decision of youth," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(15), pages 943-949.
- Papke, Leslie E & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M, 1996.
"Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(K) Plan Participation Rates,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(6), pages 619-632, Nov.-Dec..
- Leslie E. Papke & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 1993. "Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(k) Plan Participation Rates," NBER Technical Working Papers 0147, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Catherine P. Slade & Saundra J. Ribando & C. Kevin Fortner, 2016. "Faculty research following merger: a job stress and social identity theory perspective," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 107(1), pages 71-89, April.
- repec:kap:sbusec:v:48:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11187-016-9795-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guo, Qian & Song, Yang & Sun, Wenkai & Wang, Yijie, 2016. "Gender differences in performance-based pay: Evidence from a Chinese University," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 104-113.
- Daiji Kawaguchi & Ayako Kondo & Keiji Saito, 2016.
"Researchers’ career transitions over the life cycle,"
Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 109(3), pages 1435-1454, December.
- Kawaguchi, Daiji & Kondo, Ayako & Saito, Keiji, 2016. "Researchers' Career Transitions over the Life Cycle," IZA Discussion Papers 10080, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- James A. Cunningham & Paul O’Reilly & Brendan Dolan & Conor O’Kane & Vincent Mangematin, 2016. "Publicly funded principal investigators allocation of time for public sector entrepreneurship activities," Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 43(4), pages 383-408, December.
- Michael Jones, 2015. "How do teachers respond to tenure?," IZA Journal of Labor Economics, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 4(1), pages 1-19, December.
- repec:spr:jlabre:v:38:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s12122-017-9254-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Derrick M. Anderson & Catherine P. Slade, 2016. "Managing Institutional Research Advancement: Implications from a University Faculty Time Allocation Study," Research in Higher Education, Springer;Association for Institutional Research, vol. 57(1), pages 99-121, February.
- repec:spr:scient:v:86:y:2011:i:2:d:10.1007_s11192-010-0278-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tuomas Höylä & Christoph Bartneck & Timo Tiihonen, 2016. "The consequences of competition: simulating the effects of research grant allocation strategies," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 108(1), pages 263-288, July.
- Manuel Crespo & Denis Bertrand, 2013. "Faculty Workload in a Research Intensive University: A Case Study," CIRANO Project Reports 2013rp-11, CIRANO.
- repec:gam:jscscx:v:7:y:2018:i:8:p:140-:d:163786 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mengel, Friederike & Sauermann, Jan & Zölitz, Ulf, 2017.
"Gender Bias in Teaching Evaluations,"
IZA Discussion Papers
11000, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mengel, Friederike & Sauermann, Jan & Zölitz, Ulf Zoelitz, 2017. "Gender bias in teaching evaluations," ROA Research Memorandum 007, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Mengel, Friederike & Sauermann, Jan & Zölitz, Ulf, 2017. "Gender Bias in Teaching Evaluations," Working Paper Series 6/2017, Stockholm University, Swedish Institute for Social Research.
- Cynthia L. Harter & William E. Becker & Michael Watts, 2011. "Time Allocations and Reward Structures for US Academic Economists from 1955â€“2005: Evidence from Three National Surveys," International Review of Economic Education, Economics Network, University of Bristol, vol. 10(2), pages 6-27.
- Bozeman, Barry & Gaughan, Monica, 2011. "How do men and women differ in research collaborations? An analysis of the collaborative motives and strategies of academic researchers," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(10), pages 1393-1402.
- Anne Boring, 2015. "Gender Biases in student evaluations of teachers," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2015-13, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- repec:gam:jscscx:v:7:y:2018:i:3:p:32-:d:133897 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:reihed:v:59:y:2018:i:5:d:10.1007_s11162-017-9479-6 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu:v:27:y:2008:i:4:p:363-374. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.