Labor market information and the choice of vocational specialization
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cumby, Robert E. & Huizinga, John & Obstfeld, Maurice, 1983. "Two-step two-stage least squares estimation in models with rational expectations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, pages 333-355.
- David C. Stapleton, 1989. "Cohort Size and the Academic Labor Market," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, pages 221-252.
- Gary A. Zarkin, 1985.
"Occupational Choice: An Application to the Market for Public School Teachers,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, pages 409-446.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1982. "Expectations, Life Expectancy, and Economic Behavior," NBER Working Papers 0835, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zarkin, Gary A., 1983. "Cobweb versus rational expectations models : Lessons from the market for public school teachers," Economics Letters, Elsevier, pages 87-95.
- Paulsen, Michael B. & Pogue, Thomas F., 1988. "Higher education enrollment: The interaction of labor market conditions, curriculum, and selectivity," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, pages 275-290.
- Gordon Fisher & Michael McAleer, 1981. "Alternative Procedures and Associated Tests of Significance for Non-Nested Hypotheses," Working Papers 420, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Freebairn, John W & Withers, Glenn A, 1979. "Welfare Effects of Salary Forecast Error in Professional Labour Markets," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, pages 234-241.
- McCallum, Bennett T, 1976. "Rational Expectations and the Estimation of Econometric Models: AnAlternative Procedure," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 17(2), pages 484-490, June.
- Siow, Aloysius, 1984. "Occupational Choice under Uncertainty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 631-645, May.
- Whitfield, Keith & Wilson, R A, 1991. "Staying on in Full-Time Education: The Education Participation Rate of 16-Year-Olds," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 58(231), pages 391-404, August.
- Connelly, Rachel, 1989. "Occupational Choice under Uncertainty When Experience Is a Determinant of Earnings," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(5), pages 1215-1219, September.
- Scott, Charles E, 1979. "The Market for Ph.D. Economists: The Academic Sector," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 137-142.
- Wallace E. Huffman & Peter Orazem, 1985.
"An Econometric Model of the Market for New Ph.D.s in Agricultural Economics in the United States,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 67(5), pages 1207-1214.
- Huffman, Wallace & Orazem, Peter, 1985. "An Econometric Model of the Market for New Ph.D.S in Agricultural Economics in the United States," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10981, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Hansen, W L, et al, 1980. "Forecasting the Market for New Ph.D. Economists," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 49-63.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Robert E. Cumby & John Huizinga, 1983. "Two-Step Two-Stage Least Squares Estimation in Models with Rational Expectations," NBER Technical Working Papers 0011, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Keith B. Leffler & Cotton M. Lindsay, 1981. "Markets for Medical Care and Medical Education: An Integrated Long-Run Structural Approach," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, pages 20-40.
- Fisher, Gordon R. & McAleer, Michael, 1981. "Alternative procedures and associated tests of significance for non-nested hypotheses," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, pages 103-119.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Neugart, Michael, 2000. "The supply of new engineers in Germany," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Labor Market Policy and Employment FS I 00-209, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Neugart, Michael & Schömann, Klaus, 2002. "Employment outlooks: Why forecast the labour market and for whom?," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Labor Market Policy and Employment FS I 02-206, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Konrad, Kai A. & Kovenock, Dan, 2012.
"The lifeboat problem,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, pages 552-559.
- Konrad, Kai A. & Kovenock, Dan, 2009. "The Lifeboat Problem," CEPR Discussion Papers 7424, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Konrad, Kai A. & Kovenock, Dan, 2011. "The lifeboat problem," Discussion Papers, Research Professorship & Project "The Future of Fiscal Federalism" SP II 2011-106, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Konrad, Kai A. & Kovenock, Dan, 2012. "The lifeboat problem," Munich Reprints in Economics 13962, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Kai A. Konrad & Dan Kovenock, 2011. "The Lifeboat Problem," Working Papers the_lifeboat_problem, Max Planck Institute for Tax Law and Public Finance.
- Naderi, A. & Mace, J., 2003. "Education and earnings: a multilevel analysis: A case study of the manufacturing sector in Iran," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 143-156, April.
- Júlia Varga, 2002.
"Earnings Expectations and Higher-education Enrolment Decisions in Hungary,"
Society and Economy,
Akadémiai Kiadó, Hungary, vol. 24(1), pages 121-152, July.
- Julia Varga, 2001. "Earnings Expectations and Higher Education Enrolment Decisions in Hungary," Budapest Working Papers on the Labour Market 0110, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Michael Neugart & Jan Tuinstra, 2003.
"Endogenous fluctuations in the demand for education,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, pages 29-51.
- Neugart, M. & Tuinstra, J., 2001. "Endogenous Fluctuations in the Demand of Education," CeNDEF Working Papers 01-04, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Neugart, Michael & Tuinstra, Jan, 2001. "Endogenous fluctuations in the demand for education," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Labor Market Policy and Employment FS I 01-209, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Michael Neugart & Jan Tuinstra, 2002. "Endogenous fluctuations in the demand for education," Computing in Economics and Finance 2002 107, Society for Computational Economics.
- de Grip, Andries & Willems, Ed, 2003. "Youngsters and technology," Research Policy, Elsevier, pages 1771-1781.
- Mona Said & Fatma El-Hamidi, 2008. "Taking Technical Education Seriously in MENA: Determinants, Labor Market Implications and Policy Lessons," Working Papers 450, Economic Research Forum, revised 09 Jan 2008.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu:v:15:y:1996:i:1:p:59-74. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.