Productive efficiency in the iron and steel sector under state planning: The case of China and former Czechoslovakia in a comparative perspective
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brada, Josef C, 1974. "Allocative Efficiency and the System of Economic Management in Some Socialist Countries," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(2), pages 270-285.
- Carlin, Wendy & Schaffer, Mark & Seabright, Paul, 2013.
"Soviet power plus electrification: What is the long-run legacy of communism?,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 116-147.
- Carlin, Wendy & Schaffer, Mark E & Seabright, Paul, 2012. "Soviet power plus electrification: what is the long-run legacy of communism?," CEPR Discussion Papers 9003, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Wendy Carlin & Mark Schaffer & Paul Seabright, 2012. "Soviet power plus electrification: what is the long-run legacy of communism?," Working Papers 43-2012, Macerata University, Department of Studies on Economic Development (DiSSE), revised Jul 2014.
- Poznanski, Kazimierz Z, 1990. "Diffusion Performance of Major Steel-Making Countries: Alternative Econometric Tests," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 129-141.
- Oda, Junichiro & Akimoto, Keigo & Tomoda, Toshimasa & Nagashima, Miyuki & Wada, Kenichi & Sano, Fuminori, 2012. "International comparisons of energy efficiency in power, steel, and cement industries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 118-129.
- Siitonen, Sari & Tuomaala, Mari & Ahtila, Pekka, 2010. "Variables affecting energy efficiency and CO2 emissions in the steel industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 2477-2485, May.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Okazaki, Teruo & Yamaguchi, Mitsutsune, 2011. "Accelerating the transfer and diffusion of energy saving technologies steel sector experience--Lessons learned," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1296-1304, March.
- Poznanski, Kazimierz, 1986. "Patterns of technology imports: interregional comparison," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 743-756, June.
- Ma, Jinlong & Evans, David G. & Fuller, Robert J. & Stewart, Donald F., 2002. "Technical efficiency and productivity change of China's iron and steel industry," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 293-312, April.
- Worrell, Ernst & Price, Lynn & Martin, Nathan & Farla, Jacco & Schaeffer, Roberto, 1997. "Energy intensity in the iron and steel industry: a comparison of physical and economic indicators," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(7-9), pages 727-744.
- Lynn, Leonard, 1981. "New Data on the Diffusion of the Basic Oxygen Furnace in the U.S. and Japan," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(2), pages 123-135, December.
- Xu, Tengfang & Karali, Nihan & Sathaye, Jayant, 2014. "Undertaking high impact strategies: The role of national efficiency measures in long-term energy and emission reduction in steel making," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 179-188.
- Lin, Boqiang & Wang, Xiaolei, 2014. "Exploring energy efficiency in China׳s iron and steel industry: A stochastic frontier approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 87-96.
- Tanaka, Kanako, 2008. "Assessment of energy efficiency performance measures in industry and their application for policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 2877-2892, August.
- Broadberry, Stephen & Klein, Alexander, 2011. "When and why did eastern European economies begin to fail? Lessons from a Czechoslovak/UK productivity comparison, 1921-1991," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 37-52, January.
- Wang, Ke & Wang, Can & Lu, Xuedu & Chen, Jining, 2007. "Scenario analysis on CO2 emissions reduction potential in China's iron and steel industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2320-2335, April.
- Haley, Usha C.V. & Haley, George T., 2013. "Subsidies to Chinese Industry: State Capitalism, Business Strategy, and Trade Policy," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199773749.
- Wei, Yi-Ming & Liao, Hua & Fan, Ying, 2007. "An empirical analysis of energy efficiency in China's iron and steel sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2262-2270.
- Smyth, Russell & Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Shi, Hongliang, 2011. "Substitution between energy and classical factor inputs in the Chinese steel sector," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 361-367, January.
- Moroney, John R., 1990. "Energy consumption, capital and real output: A comparison of market and planned economies," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 199-220, June.
- Roma Mitra Debnath & V.J. Sebastian, 2014. "Efficiency in the Indian iron and steel industry – an application of data envelopment analysis," Journal of Advances in Management Research, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 11(1), pages 4-19, April.
- Liu, Deqiang & Otsuka, Keijiro, 2004. "A Comparison of Management Incentives, Abilities, and Efficiency between SOEs and TVEs: The Case of the Iron and Steel Industry in China," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(4), pages 759-780, July.
- Gomulka, Stanislaw & Rostowski, Jacek, 1988. "An international comparison of material intensity," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 475-501, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:appene:v:204:y:2017:i:c:p:607-619 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fujii, Hidemichi & Cao, Jing & Managi, Shunsuke, 2016.
"Firm-level environmentally sensitive productivity and innovation in China,"
Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 915-925.
- Fujii, Hidemichi & Cao, Jing & Managi, Shunsuke, 2016. "Firm-level environmentally sensitive productivity and innovation in China," MPRA Paper 71851, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy efficiency; Productivity; Central planning; Steel industry; Data envelopment analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:185:y:2017:i:p2:p:1732-1743. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.