Potential usage, vertical value chain and challenge of biomass resource: Evidence from China’s crop residues
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yu, Suiran & Tao, Jing, 2009. "Economic, energy and environmental evaluations of biomass-based fuel ethanol projects based on life cycle assessment and simulation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(Supplemen), pages 178-188, November.
- Tian, Yishui & Zhao, Lixin & Meng, Haibo & Sun, Liying & Yan, Jinyue, 2009. "Estimation of un-used land potential for biofuels development in (the) People's Republic of China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(Supplemen), pages 77-85, November.
- Jansson, Christer & Westerbergh, Anna & Zhang, Jiaming & Hu, Xinwen & Sun, Chuanxin, 2009. "Cassava, a potential biofuel crop in (the) People's Republic of China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(Supplemen), pages 95-99, November.
- Jun Yang & Huanguang Qiu & Jikun Huang & Scott Rozelle, 2008. "Fighting global food price rises in the developing world: the response of China and its effect on domestic and world markets," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(s1), pages 453-464, November.
- Liu, Wen & Hu, Weihao & Lund, Henrik & Chen, Zhe, 2013. "Electric vehicles and large-scale integration of wind power – The case of Inner Mongolia in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 445-456.
- Nguyen, Thu Lan T. & Hermansen, John E. & Mogensen, Lisbeth, 2013. "Environmental performance of crop residues as an energy source for electricity production: The case of wheat straw in Denmark," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 633-641.
- Junfeng, Li & Wan, Yih-huei & Ohi, James M., 1997. "Renewable energy development in China: Resource assessment, technology status, and greenhouse gas mitigation potential," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 56(3-4), pages 381-394, March.
- Jikun Huang & Jun Yang & Scott Rozelle, 2010. "China's agriculture: drivers of change and implications for China and the rest of world," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(s1), pages 47-55, November.
- La Rovere, Emilio Lèbre & Pereira, André Santos & Simões, André Felipe, 2011. "Biofuels and Sustainable Energy Development in Brazil," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 1026-1036, June.
- Liu, Wen & Lund, Henrik & Mathiesen, Brian Vad & Zhang, Xiliang, 2011. "Potential of renewable energy systems in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 518-525, February.
- Huang, Jikun & Yang, Jun & Msangi, Siwa & Rozelle, Scott & Weersink, Alfons, 2012. "Global biofuel production and poverty in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 246-255.
- Hallam, Arne & Anderson, I. C. & Buxton, D. R., 2001. "Comparative Economic Analysis of Perennial, Annual and Intercrops for Biomass Production," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5076, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Ma, Hengyun & Oxley, Les & Gibson, John & Li, Wen, 2010. "A survey of China's renewable energy economy," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 438-445, January.
- Li, Shi-Zhong & Chan-Halbrendt, Catherine, 2009. "Ethanol production in (the) People's Republic of China: Potential and technologies," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(Supplemen), pages 162-169, November.
- Ma, Hengyun & Oxley, Les & Gibson, John, 2009. "Gradual reforms and the emergence of energy market in China: Evidence from tests for convergence of energy prices," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4834-4850, November.
- Liu, Jin & Wu, Jianguo & Liu, Fengqiao & Han, Xingguo, 2012. "Quantitative assessment of bioenergy from crop stalk resources in Inner Mongolia, China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 305-318.
- Zhang, Qin & Zhou, Dequn & Zhou, Peng & Ding, Hao, 2013. "Cost Analysis of straw-based power generation in Jiangsu Province, China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 785-793.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kaiyan Luo & Xingping Zhang & Qinliang Tan, 2016. "Novel Role of Rural Official Organization in the Biomass-Based Power Supply Chain in China: A Combined Game Theory and Agent-Based Simulation Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(8), pages 1-23, August.
- Shane, Agabu & Gheewala, Shabbir H. & Fungtammasan, Bundit & Silalertruksa, Thapat & Bonnet, Sébastien & Phiri, Seveliano, 2016. "Bioenergy resource assessment for Zambia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 93-104.
- Chen, Xiaoguang, 2016. "Economic potential of biomass supply from crop residues in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 166(C), pages 141-149.
- Shafie, S.M. & Masjuki, H.H. & Mahlia, T.M.I., 2014. "Rice straw supply chain for electricity generation in Malaysia: Economical and environmental assessment," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 299-308.
- Montuori, Lina & Alcázar-Ortega, Manuel & Álvarez-Bel, Carlos & Domijan, Alex, 2014. "Integration of renewable energy in microgrids coordinated with demand response resources: Economic evaluation of a biomass gasification plant by Homer Simulator," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 15-22.
- Sastre, C.M. & González-Arechavala, Y. & Santos, A.M., 2015. "Global warming and energy yield evaluation of Spanish wheat straw electricity generation – A LCA that takes into account parameter uncertainty and variability," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 154(C), pages 900-911.
- Zhao, Zhen-Yu & Zuo, Jian & Wu, Pan-Hao & Yan, Hong & Zillante, George, 2016. "Competitiveness assessment of the biomass power generation industry in China: A five forces model study," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 144-153.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:5:p:1338-:d:143249 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsRenewable energy; Crop residue; Vertical value chain; Cost-benefit analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:114:y:2014:i:c:p:717-723. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.