The role of web communication to enhance the value of retail trade in small cities
The goal of this study is to analyze the ways in which websites are used in retail and the effectiveness of these methods. The study analyzed the websites of 200 different retail companies in the Italian province of Pesaro and Urbino. The following questions were asked: how do businesses use electronic communication to add value to their products, how effective is this communication, and what are the strengths and weaknesses of this type of communication. The analysis of these websites is based on a model that identifies specific variables relating to websites, which can influence communication efficacy at any phase of purchasing and consumption process. The results of the analysis were then compared with national figures regarding the use of the Internet by retail businesses, published by ISTAT (2009-2012).
Volume (Year): 3 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Elisabeta Queen no. 4-12, Bucharest|
Web page: http://www.faa.ro
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pérez-Hernández, Javier & Sánchez-Mangas, Rocío, 2011. "To have or not to have Internet at home: Implications for online shopping," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 213-226.
- Quirós Romero, Cipriano & Rodríguez Rodríguez, Diego, 2010. "E-commerce and efficiency at the firm level," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 299-305, August.
- Prince, Jeffrey T. & Simon, Daniel H., 2009. "Has the Internet accelerated the diffusion of new products?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 1269-1277, October.
- Luca Pellegrini, 2007. "Alla riscoperta dei comportamenti d'acquisto," MERCATI E COMPETITIVITÀ, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2007(4), pages 5-12.
- Cova, Bernard & Dalli, Daniele, 2009. "Working Consumers: The Next Step in Marketing Theory?," MPRA Paper 36717, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cheema, Amar & Papatla, Purushottam, 2010. "Relative importance of online versus offline information for Internet purchases: Product category and Internet experience effects," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(9-10), pages 979-985, September.
- Vladi Finotto & Stefano Micelli, 2010. "Web e Made in Italy: la terra di mezzo della comunicazione d'impresa," MERCATI E COMPETITIVITÀ, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2010(4), pages 101-119.
- Jiang, Zhong-Zhong & Fang, Shu-Cherng & Fan, Zhi-Ping & Wang, Dingwei, 2013. "Selecting optimal selling format of a product in B2C online auctions with boundedly rational customers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 226(1), pages 139-153.
- Toufaily, Elissar & Ricard, Line & Perrien, Jean, 2013. "Customer loyalty to a commercial website: Descriptive meta-analysis of the empirical literature and proposal of an integrative model," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(9), pages 1436-1447.
- Dickinger, Astrid & Stangl, Brigitte, 2013. "Website performance and behavioral consequences: A formative measurement approach," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(6), pages 771-777.
- Hulbert, Bev & Gilmore, Audrey & Carson, David, 2013. "Sources of opportunities used by growth minded owner managers of small and medium sized enterprises," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 293-303.
- Roza, Marja & Van den Bosch, Frans A.J. & Volberda, Henk W., 2011. "Offshoring strategy: Motives, functions, locations, and governance modes of small, medium-sized and large firms," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 314-323, June.
- Kostka, Genia & Moslener, Ulf & Andreas, Jan G., 2011. "Barriers to energy efficiency improvement: Empirical evidence from small-and-medium sized enterprises in China," Frankfurt School - Working Paper Series 178, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:but:ijebfa:v:3:y:2013:i:1:p:127-145. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Cosmin Catalin Olteanu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.