The role of web communication to enhance the value of retail trade in small cities
The goal of this study is to analyze the ways in which websites are used in retail and the effectiveness of these methods. The study analyzed the websites of 200 different retail companies in the Italian province of Pesaro and Urbino. The following questions were asked: how do businesses use electronic communication to add value to their products, how effective is this communication, and what are the strengths and weaknesses of this type of communication. The analysis of these websites is based on a model that identifies specific variables relating to websites, which can influence communication efficacy at any phase of purchasing and consumption process. The results of the analysis were then compared with national figures regarding the use of the Internet by retail businesses, published by ISTAT (2009-2012).
Volume (Year): 3 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.faa.ro
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Quirós Romero, Cipriano & Rodríguez Rodríguez, Diego, 2010. "E-commerce and efficiency at the firm level," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 299-305, August.
- Pérez-Hernández, Javier & Sánchez-Mangas, Rocío, 2011. "To have or not to have Internet at home: Implications for online shopping," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 213-226.
- Toufaily, Elissar & Ricard, Line & Perrien, Jean, 2013. "Customer loyalty to a commercial website: Descriptive meta-analysis of the empirical literature and proposal of an integrative model," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(9), pages 1436-1447.
- Jiang, Zhong-Zhong & Fang, Shu-Cherng & Fan, Zhi-Ping & Wang, Dingwei, 2013. "Selecting optimal selling format of a product in B2C online auctions with boundedly rational customers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 226(1), pages 139-153.
- Luca Pellegrini, 2007. "Alla riscoperta dei comportamenti d'acquisto," MERCATI E COMPETITIVITÀ, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2007(4), pages 5-12.
- Vladi Finotto & Stefano Micelli, 2010. "Web e Made in Italy: la terra di mezzo della comunicazione d'impresa," MERCATI E COMPETITIVITÀ, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2010(4), pages 101-119.
- Dickinger, Astrid & Stangl, Brigitte, 2013. "Website performance and behavioral consequences: A formative measurement approach," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(6), pages 771-777.
- Cova, Bernard & Dalli, Daniele, 2009. "Working Consumers: The Next Step in Marketing Theory?," MPRA Paper 36717, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Prince, Jeffrey T. & Simon, Daniel H., 2009. "Has the Internet accelerated the diffusion of new products?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 1269-1277, October.
- Hulbert, Bev & Gilmore, Audrey & Carson, David, 2013. "Sources of opportunities used by growth minded owner managers of small and medium sized enterprises," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 293-303.
- Cheema, Amar & Papatla, Purushottam, 2010. "Relative importance of online versus offline information for Internet purchases: Product category and Internet experience effects," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(9-10), pages 979-985, September.
- Roza, Marja & Van den Bosch, Frans A.J. & Volberda, Henk W., 2011. "Offshoring strategy: Motives, functions, locations, and governance modes of small, medium-sized and large firms," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 314-323, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:but:ijebfa:v:3:y:2013:i:1:p:127-145. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Cosmin Catalin Olteanu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.