Join the Union and Be Safe: The Effects of Unionization on Occupational Safety and Health in the European Union
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2005.062232_5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Siebert, W Stanley & Wei, X, 1994. "Compensating Wage Differentials for Workplace Accidents: Evidence for Union and Nonunion Workers in the UK," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 61-76, July.
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 1995.
"Another look at the instrumental variable estimation of error-components models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-51, July.
- M Arellano & O Bover, 1990. "Another Look at the Instrumental Variable Estimation of Error-Components Models," CEP Discussion Papers dp0007, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- repec:ags:stataj:122704 is not listed on IDEAS
- Veliziotis, Michail, 2010. "Unionization and sickness absence from work in the UK," ISER Working Paper Series 2010-15, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Boone, Jan & van Ours, Jan C. & Wuellrich, Jean-Philippe & Zweimüller, Josef, 2011.
"Recessions are bad for workplace safety,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 764-773, July.
- Boone, Jan & van Ours, Jan C & Wuellrich, Jean-Philippe & Zweimüller, Josef, 2011. "Recessions are bad for workplace safety," CEPR Discussion Papers 8373, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Boone, J. & van Ours, J.C. & Wuellrich, J.P. & Zweimuller, J., 2011. "Recessions are Bad for Workplace Safety," Discussion Paper 2011-050, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Boone, Jan & van Ours, Jan C. & Wuellrich, Jean-Philippe & Zweimüller, Josef, 2011. "Recessions Are Bad for Workplace Safety," IZA Discussion Papers 5688, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- David Roodman, 2009.
"How to do xtabond2: An introduction to difference and system GMM in Stata,"
StataCorp LP, vol. 9(1), pages 86-136, March.
- Roodman, David, 2009. "How to do xtabond2: An introduction to difference and system GMM in Stata," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 9(1), pages 1-51.
- David Roodman, 2006. "How to Do xtabond2: An Introduction to "Difference" and "System" GMM in Stata," Working Papers 103, Center for Global Development.
- Pouliakas, Konstantinos & Theodossiou, Ioannis, 2010.
"An Inquiry Into The Theory, Causes And Consequences Of Monitoring Indicators Of Health And Safety At Work,"
SIRE Discussion Papers
2010-120, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Konstantinos, Pouliakas & Ioannis, Theodossiou, 2010. "An Inquiry Into the Theory, Causes and Consequences of Monitoring Indicators of Health and Safety At Work," MPRA Paper 20336, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pouliakas, Konstantinos & Theodossiou, Ioannis, 2010. "An Inquiry into the Theory, Causes and Consequences of Monitoring Indicators of Health and Safety at Work," IZA Discussion Papers 4734, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Paul Fenn & Simon Ashby, 2004. "Workplace Risk, Establishment Size and Union Density," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 42(3), pages 461-480, September.
- Litwin, Adam Seth, 2000. "Trade unions and industrial injury in Great Britain," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20169, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Shea, J., 1990. "Accident Rates, Labor Effort And The Business Cycle," Working papers 90-28, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Alison D. Morantz, 2013. "Coal Mine Safety: Do Unions Make a Difference?," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 66(1), pages 88-116, January.
- Boone, Jan & van Ours, Jan C., 2006. "Are recessions good for workplace safety?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1069-1093, November.
- Barry Reilly & Pierella Paci & Peter Holl, 1995. "Unions, Safety Committees and Workplace Injuries," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 33(2), pages 275-288, June.
- Konstantinos Pouliakas & Ioannis Theodossiou, 2013. "The Economics Of Health And Safety At Work: An Interdiciplinary Review Of The Theory And Policy," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(1), pages 167-208, February.
- Mundlak, Yair, 1978. "On the Pooling of Time Series and Cross Section Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 69-85, January.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Alejandro Donado, 2015.
"Why Do Unionized Workers Have More Nonfatal Occupational Injuries?,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 68(1), pages 153-183, January.
- Donado, Alejandro, 2013. "Why Do Unionized Workers Have More Nonfatal Occupational Injuries?," Working Papers 0551, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1979:69:8:789-794_9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Masaru Sasaki, 2010. "Unemployment and Workplace Safety in a Search and Matching Model," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 10-14, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics.
- Davies, Rhys & Jones, Paul & Nuñez, Imanol, 2009. "The impact of the business cycle on occupational injuries in the UK," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 178-182, July.
- Barry T. Hirsch & David A. MacPherson & J. Michael Dumond, 1997. "Workers#x0027; Compensation Recipiency in Union and Nonunion Workplaces," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 50(2), pages 213-236, January.
- A. S. Litwin, 2000. "Trade Unions and Industrial Injury in Great Britain," CEP Discussion Papers dp0468, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:labour:v:29:y:2015:i:2:p:127-140. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/csrotit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.