Do Regulators Respond to Voluntary Pollution Control Efforts? A Count Data Analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Konar, Shameek & Cohen, Mark A., 1997. "Information As Regulation: The Effect of Community Right to Know Laws on Toxic Emissions," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 109-124, January.
- David Weil, 1996. "If OSHA Is So Bad, Why is Compliance So Good?," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(3), pages 618-640, Autumn.
- Cameron, A Colin & Windmeijer, Frank A G, 1996.
"R-Squared Measures for Count Data Regression Models with Applications to Health-Care Utilization,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 14(2), pages 209-220, April.
- Cameron, A.C. & Windmeijer, F.A.G., 1993. "R-Squared Measures for Count Data Regression Models with Applications to Health Care Utilization," Papers 93-24, California Davis - Institute of Governmental Affairs.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Gray, Wayne B. & Deily, Mary E., 1996. "Compliance and Enforcement: Air Pollution Regulation in the U.S. Steel Industry," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 96-111, July.
- Cameron, A. Colin & Trivedi, Pravin K., 1990. "Regression-based tests for overdispersion in the Poisson model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 347-364, December.
- Laplante, Benoit & Rilstone, Paul, 1996. "Environmental Inspections and Emissions of the Pulp and Paper Industry in Quebec," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 19-36, July.
- Magat, Wesley A & Viscusi, W Kip, 1990. "Effectiveness of the EPA's Regulatory Enforcement: The Case of Industrial Effluent Standards," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(2), pages 331-360, October.
- Eric Helland, 1998. "The Enforcement Of Pollution Control Laws: Inspections, Violations, And Self-Reporting," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(1), pages 141-153, February.
- Deily, Mary E. & Gray, Wayne B., 1991.
"Enforcement of pollution regulations in a declining industry,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 260-274, November.
- Mary E. Deily & Wayne B. Gray, 1989. "Enforcement of pollution regulations in a declining industry," Working Paper 8912, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Nadeau, Louis W., 1997. "EPA Effectiveness at Reducing the Duration of Plant-Level Noncompliance," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 54-78, September.
- Jeremy Firestone, 2002. "Agency governance and enforcement: the influence of mission on environmental decisionmaking," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(3), pages 409-426.
- Dion, Catherine & Lanoie, Paul & Laplante, Benoit, 1998. "Monitoring of Pollution Regulation: Do Local Conditions Matter?," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 5-18, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arguedas, Carmen & Rousseau, Sandra, 2012.
"Learning about compliance under asymmetric information,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 55-73.
- Carmen Arguedas & Sandra Rousseau, 2008. "Learning about compliance under asymmetric information," Working Papers Department of Economics ces0808, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Arguedas Carmen & Rousseau Sandra, 2008. "Learning about compliance under asymmetric information," Energy, Transport and Environment Working Papers Series ete0802, KU Leuven, Department of Economics - Research Group Energy, Transport and Environment.
- Arguedas, Carmen & Rousseau, Sandra, 2008. "Learning about compliance under asymmetric information," Working Papers in Economic Theory 2008/02, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Department of Economic Analysis (Economic Theory and Economic History).
- Christopher Decker & John Maxwell, 2012. "Environmental inspection proclivity and state manufacturing growth: the US Experience from the 1990s," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 48(1), pages 263-282, February.
- Donna Ramirez Harrington, 2013. "Effectiveness Of State Pollution Prevention Programs And Policies," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 31(2), pages 255-278, April.
- Christopher S. Decker & John W. Maxwell, 2010. "Environmental Inspection Proclivity and State Manufacturing Growth: The US Experience from the 1990s," Working Papers 2010-02, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Decker, Christopher S. & Thompson, Eric C. & Wohar, Mark E., 2009. "Determinants of State Labor Productivity: The Changing Role of Density," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 39(1).
More about this item
- K32 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Energy, Environmental, Health, and Safety Law
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- Q21 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:coecpo:v:23:y:2005:i:2:p:180-194. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/weaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.