Financial conditions and purchasing managers' indices: exploring the links
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Valentina Bruno & Se-Jik Kim, 2018. "Exchange Rates and the Working Capital Channel of Trade Fluctuations," BIS Working Papers 694, Bank for International Settlements.
- Simon Gilchrist & Egon Zakrajsek, 2012. "Credit Spreads and Business Cycle Fluctuations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(4), pages 1692-1720, June.
- Clark, Todd E. & McCracken, Michael W., 2012.
"In-sample tests of predictive ability: A new approach,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 170(1), pages 1-14.
- Todd E. Clark & Michael W. McCracken, 2009. "In-sample tests of predictive ability: a new approach," Working Papers 2009-051, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Todd E. Clark & Michael W. McCracken, 2009. "In-sample tests of predictive ability: a new approach," Research Working Paper RWP 09-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, revised 2009.
- Pablo Duarte & Bernd Süssmuth, 2018.
"Implementing an Approximate Dynamic Factor Model to Nowcast GDP Using Sensitivity Analysis,"
Journal of Business Cycle Research,
Springer;Centre for International Research on Economic Tendency Surveys (CIRET), vol. 14(1), pages 127-141, April.
- Duarte, Pablo & Süßmuth, Bernd, 2018. "Implementing an approximate dynamic factor model to nowcast GDP using sensitivity analysis," Working Papers 152, University of Leipzig, Faculty of Economics and Management Science.
- Stefan Avdjiev & Valentina Bruno & Catherine Koch & Hyun Song Shin, 2019.
"The Dollar Exchange Rate as a Global Risk Factor: Evidence from Investment,"
IMF Economic Review,
Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 67(1), pages 151-173, March.
- Stefan Avdjiev & Valentina Bruno & Catherine Koch, 2018. "The dollar exchange rate as a global risk factor: evidence from investment," BIS Working Papers 695, Bank for International Settlements.
- Chudik, Alexander & Grossman, Valerie & Pesaran, M. Hashem, 2016.
"A multi-country approach to forecasting output growth using PMIs,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 192(2), pages 349-365.
- Alexander Chudik & Valerie Grossman & M. Hashem Pesaran, 2014. "A multi-country approach to forecasting output growth using PMIs," Globalization Institute Working Papers 213, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, revised 01 Nov 2014.
- Alexander Chudik & Valerie Grossman & M. Hashem Pesaran, 2014. "A Multi-Country Approach to Forecasting Output Growth Using PMIs," CESifo Working Paper Series 5100, CESifo.
- Raphael Espinoza & Fabio Fornari & Marco J. Lombardi, 2012.
"The Role of Financial Variables in predicting economic activity,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(1), pages 15-46, January.
- Espinoza, Raphael & Fornari, Fabio & Lombardi, Marco J., 2009. "The role of financial variables in predicting economic activity," Working Paper Series 1108, European Central Bank.
- James H. Stock & Mark W.Watson, 2003.
"Forecasting Output and Inflation: The Role of Asset Prices,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 41(3), pages 788-829, September.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 2001. "Forecasting output and inflation: the role of asset prices," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Mar.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 2001. "Forecasting Output and Inflation: The Role of Asset Prices," NBER Working Papers 8180, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Valentina Bruno & Se-Jik Kim & Hyun Shin, 2018. "Exchange Rates and the Working Capital Channel of Trade Fluctuations," AEA Papers and Proceedings, American Economic Association, vol. 108, pages 531-536, May.
- James Rossiter, 2010. "Nowcasting the Global Economy," Discussion Papers 10-12, Bank of Canada.
More about this item
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- E27 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F47 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bis:bisqtr:1909g. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Beslmeisl). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bisssch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.